Tips for Sony EX700 in the UK? For the IE8
Feb 2, 2009 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Mors

100+ Head-Fier
Feb 2, 2009 at 12:18 PM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordofbahamut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I had said in other thread, you can get them by calling sony and ask them directly, I dont think they want to put it online in other country except jap.

Do you know how much Sony are asking for them as I've no idea which size would fit my ear? :/

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 22
From what I have read, the EX700 has different tips than the other IEMs in the EX series.

Check out this thread.

I don't think these are the same, as the price is nowhere near the same.

Sony store - $12 to $15 per tip (need 2), AMP3 £6 for 3 pairs. Doesn't add up to me.

And looking in the linked thread, I need the LL tips due to the shallow insertion of the IE8s.

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the ex uses the same as the other ex range but the 700 comes with lots of half sizes that none of the others do

They're actually quite a bit thicker than the regular tips, although still very supple. I just wish I could remember which colour I used, it's a bit of a risk ordering without being sure about the size
confused_face(1).gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the ex uses the same as the other ex range but the 700 comes with lots of half sizes that none of the others do

I ordered these, and they are regular tips like the ones included in most IEMs I have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're actually quite a bit thicker than the regular tips, although still very supple. I just wish I could remember which colour I used, it's a bit of a risk ordering without being sure about the size
confused_face(1).gif

You can go here and contact the sony parts store to make sure you know the correct part to order.

I might just have to go the Sony route. Sennheiser recommended me getting a custom mold from Future Sonics!

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_thatguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fake ex-700s are selling for 3$ on ebay.I wonder if they are coming with original ex700 tips.

Looks like they have 3 tip sizes, but for me, they wouldn't fit, as I would need the LL, if those even fit.

If the regular silicon does not fit for you, then the regular Sony EX700 tips will not fit you, but the reason they are intriguing to me is the ML and LL are longer.

I wonder how bad the $6 (shipped) fake EX700s sound?

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_thatguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fake ex-700s are selling for 3$ on ebay.I wonder if they are coming with original ex700 tips.

Where did you see them for $3? I just looked and couldn't find them.

And I bet they don't come with a genuine 'anything'
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #14 of 22
@average joe:fake ones are coming with only medium sized tips.
@soozieq:search ''mdr-ex700'' you'll find it

EDIT:xf_mad:average joe,i just read the description,and yes one of them coming with 3 tip sizes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back