Tinnitus..............Do You Speak It ?

How many people here have Tinnitus ?

• Total voters
Dec 27, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #31 of 64
16 yay votes, and 2 nay votes for Trump.

If we keep this trend up Trump will get another 4 years, yup, he wins even when he loses.

What's that got to do with tinnitus?

I've listened to it through Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama and Donald Trump. None of them were any more pleasing to listen to than the other noise in my ears but I endure even though can turn my TV or radio off if I don't like what I'm hearing.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #32 of 64
What's that got to do with tinnitus?

I've listened to it through Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama and Donald Trump. None of them were any more pleasing to listen to than the other noise in my ears but I endure even though can turn my TV or radio off if I don't like what I'm hearing.

Did you not know, trump is the cause of tinnitus.

Dec 27, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #35 of 64
That was pretty funny. Did you make this thread just to set up that joke? What comic genius...

Why don't you tell the people here? I bet they'd get a big kick out of it, too.

Tinnitus Talk

Well, I could of said I made it just for you. As I knew you were eager to post a “tinnitus talk” link somewhere. It’s called forward thinking, or mind reading, whichever you prefer.

Had I known trumps tinnitus would upset you. I would not of posted it, however, i’m sure most people will already know that 1, the thread was serious and 2, you are being grumpy by thinking it’s here to make fun of tinnitus sufferers because I said the word trump.

Before you ask, yes I do suffer from tinnitus so why would I go make fun of folk ? Thats you thinking that, not me.

Dec 27, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #36 of 64
Well, I could of said I made it just for you. As I knew you were eager to post a “tinnitus talk” link somewhere. It’s called forward thinking, or mind reading, whichever you prefer.

I had already made mention of a forum where people who could barely live with it posted. If I wanted to post a link I would have done so then. You're no better mind reader than you are comedian.

Had I known trumps tinnitus would upset you. I would not of posted it, however, i’m sure most people will already know that 1, the thread was serious and 2, you are being grumpy by thinking it’s here to make fun of tinnitus sufferers because I said the word trump.

Before you ask, yes I do suffer from tinnitus so why would I go make fun of folk ? Thats you thinking that, not me.

Your reading comprehension is sub-par at best. I listed every president that has been in office since 1987 and clearly stated "None of them were any more pleasing to listen to than the other noise in my ears" so Trump has nothing to do with it. That's you thinking that not me. Critical thinking apparently not your forte either...

I have no idea why you would think it was funny. That's why I posted the link. So you could see how it effects people who don't think it's funny since you think it's something to joke about.

Maybe it's not bad enough for you yet and 4 more years will do it for you.

Dec 27, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #37 of 64
I had already made mention of a forum where people who could barely live with it posted. If I wanted to post a link I would have done so then. You're no better mind reader than you are comedian.

Your reading comprehension is sub-par at best. I listed every president that has been in office since 1987 and clearly stated "None of them were any more pleasing to listen to than the other noise in my ears" so Trump has nothing to do with it. That's you thinking that not me. Critical thinking apparently not your forte either...

I have no idea why you would think it was funny. That's why I posted the link. So you could see how it effects people who don't think it's funny since you think it's something to joke about.

Maybe it's not bad enough for you yet and 4 more years will do it for you.

We all suffer from it to varying degree’s, you’re not the only one whose life is made a misery because of it. If you think that you are somehow thee tinnitus sufferer, then think again and don’t try and put your bad mood onto me or this thread. It’s xmas and new years, what exactly do you have to be so moody about ?

Your alive, your on the internet, you listen to music no doubt ? so why be moody ?

I broke my spine, happy ? My tinnitus and my broke spine and extreme untreatable nerve pain beats your tinnitus. So liven up and stop feeling sorry for yourself and blaming me/my post for your bad mood.

Before you moan, believe me when I say tinnitus is nothing compared to severe nerve pain, you try sleeping when your getting electric shocks every 3 seconds for weeks and months, or your body feels like it’s being burnt, or it’s being stabbed and poked at with such force you would think it’s actually being done to you every few seconds, and the doctors saying that they can’t help you because barely anything works for nerve pain. Painkillers do not work for nerve pain.

Cognitive behaviour, the same thing they offer for buzzing in your ears is what they offer to someone in extreme pain.

This never goes, not 1 single second, 24/7 from the time I waken up til you get handed pills to help you fall asleep. I forgot to add the spasms and weakness and numbness that goes along with the nerve pain.

Try that for a week and then come back and moan because you hear buzzing......ok, it maybe is bad for you and does get you down and I’m not making fun of you or any sufferer, which includes myself ,but you seem to think I’ am ?

Why let something rule your life. I’ve had just under 3 years of 24/7 nerve pain “ALL” the time and the first two weeks was enough to last a life time. The brain adapts, it can drown out the buzzing and cognitive behaviour training can also help. It never got rid of my nerve pain but, I was told that on day 1. It’s just a way to try and relax and focus the mind on something else instead.

Yes tinnitus is annoying and there is no cure, but if buzzing is all you have wrong with you, I would say you are doing pretty good considering. You wouldn’t last 24 hours without screaming in agony when my nerve pain was at it’s worst.

Believe me when I say I would take your tinnitus x 10 if it got rid of my nerve pain, it would be a relief and a welcome change. Having some fun actually helps, the more we dwell on something the worse it becomes. Try and focus on something that makes you smile when your tinnitus gets really bad. Cognitive behavioural training can help to a degree, like speaking openly on a forum with fellow sufferers.

The human brain is a wonderful thing, and it can adapt and learn to ignore the buzzing. That was the only “cure” that I was offered for my nerves, and 3 years later I’m still stuck on the 6 month stage, meaning I will never recover, this is as good as it gets for me.

I’m not making fun of your tinnitus, or anyone elses, but your sole intention looks like it was to come in here and moan. Its clearly evident by the tone of your posts.

Just to add, I’m not american, presidents mean nothing to me.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #38 of 64
@Amberlamps
Sorry to hear about your predicament. I really feel for you. I imagine using music to tame some of the pain must be something you do. I know when I'm stressed and feeling nasty, some good tunes usually quiets my mind and keeps me even.

Here's to you feeling better...

Dec 27, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #39 of 64
@Amberlamps
Sorry to hear about your predicament. I really feel for you. I imagine using music to tame some of the pain must be something you do. I know when I'm stressed and feeling nasty, some good tunes usually quiets my mind and keeps me even.

Here's to you feeling better...

Cheers Richsvt, much appreaciated.

I agree, music really does help, more than I thought it could ever do.

Cheers.

Dec 28, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #42 of 64
Did you not know, trump is the cause of back injury, nerve pain, etc.

The difference between you and me is, you freaked out and tried to rally the troops when I said similar, you saying the same thing to me doesn’t bother me in the slightest, but I suspect it will bother you to know that it has no effect on me. even if you say it doesn’t.

I will even wish you a belated merry xmas and a prosperous and happy newyear. But I have a feeling you are not one for celebrating the holiday season.

At the stroke of midnight newyear’s eve, are you going outside to hear the Bells Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig ?

The bells Esmerelda, the bells

:)

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #43 of 64
The difference between you and me is, you freaked out and tried to rally the troops when I said similar, you saying the same thing to me doesn’t bother me in the slightest, but I suspect it will bother you to know that it has no effect on me. even if you say it doesn’t.

The difference between you and me is you try to deflect your behavior onto me and you can't take responsibility for your own actions.

At the stroke of midnight newyear’s eve, are you going outside to hear the Bells Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig ?

The bells Esmerelda, the bells

No, I'll be doing back flips.

Dec 28, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #44 of 64
The difference between you and me is you try to deflect your behavior onto me and you can't take responsibility for your own actions.

No, I'll be doing back flips.

Lol, I can’t take responsibility for jokingly saying, “trump causes tinnitus”. Umm ok, here goes, “I did it”. We agreed ? I took responsibility and said that I did it.

Your “deflection move” is internet 101 and was tactics first used on the internet in 1997. If we were playing monopoly, you would have to move back two space’s, miss a turn and wait for the phone to rinG.

After all that I still wish you a happy newyear, not once have you wished me one :frowning2:

Be careful as......and this is true.

Backflips can cause tinnitus. Inner ear crystals can move when upside down and if they do they can cause acute tinnitus, dizzyness and a motion like sickness. Yes, I really do have tinnitus and we do have crystals in our ears.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #45 of 64
I got it in my left ear after a Santana concert years ago. I was right up next to the edge of the stage, with speakers right near my ear. Couldn't hear well for three days in that ear.

In the years since, I've worked in noisy environments and developed it in the right ear as well. It's not as bad. I've just learned to kind of tune it out, but there are nights that it gets bad and really bothers me.

I almost have to have a fan or something creating noise at night. Without that, it's hard to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back