Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Sep 19, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #826 of 1,427
Olá, pedi o estanque P1 + shanling up2, mas descobrindo que o shanling up2 não irá conduzir satisfatoriamente no mínimo. ajuda, qual amplificador portátil para P1 (Topping Nx4, xduoo xd05) ?? que eu posso usar como shanling up2, desculpe pela escrita, estou usando tradutor.
FiiO Q5s works just fine with P1.

Sep 19, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #827 of 1,427
I AM using Q5s Tyson. And now going to fiio to get that cable. This back charging thing is quite a pain .......
Missed that 4 dots underneath the input button my bad!

I wanted to sell my Q5 to buy Q5s but no enquiries after posting it for weeks... So I went ahead and ordered a THX module to refresh my Q5 instead.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #830 of 1,427
Hi @MyPants, which eartips are those on your P1?
Stock - Medium. I'm blessed with fairly average ears, so I can usually get a solid seal with stock tips. In a pinch I'll have to step up to large tips (like with the Mee Pinnacle P1) or Comply foams (like the LZ A4 or KZ ZS6), but I'm running stock for my Tin P1 review.

Sep 20, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #831 of 1,427
Help!!

I brought a pair of P1's used but absolutely like new, didn't look like they'd been taken out, bonified seller and judging by his hifi set up not needing to scam, he is a bit older so hearing may not still be perfect, as will happen to everyone with any luck (not the hearing loss of course)

Anyway initially plugged into my S10 very quiet, even at full volume (the s10 does kick out prettywwell for a smartphone) and was struggling for fiit with such short spout, didn't sound great but very bad fit.

Tested when had a minute last night with suplife foamies through my idsd plus (reasonable output of 90mw @ 32) did get more volume, not great detail tbh but more so any big bass on high volume getting really distorted. Might it be just poor fit not burnt? Also tried new cables in random off chance.

Any advice be amazing ta

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #832 of 1,427
Hi @MyPants, which eartips are those on your P1?
I don't own the P1 but silicone eartips rarely fit me and always lose the seal. The tips I found fit best and font lose seal are the silicone tips that come bundled with the Sony Mh755. They are clones of the famous Sony hybrid tips except without the hybrid foam inside. You can get a Mh755 for like $3-6 online

Sep 22, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #833 of 1,427
OK, it took longer than I expected, but my TinHifi P1 review is finally up. :beerchug:

Sep 22, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #834 of 1,427
Help!!

I brought a pair of P1's used but absolutely like new, didn't look like they'd been taken out, bonified seller and judging by his hifi set up not needing to scam, he is a bit older so hearing may not still be perfect, as will happen to everyone with any luck (not the hearing loss of course)

Anyway initially plugged into my S10 very quiet, even at full volume (the s10 does kick out prettywwell for a smartphone) and was struggling for fiit with such short spout, didn't sound great but very bad fit.

Tested when had a minute last night with suplife foamies through my idsd plus (reasonable output of 90mw @ 32) did get more volume, not great detail tbh but more so any big bass on high volume getting really distorted. Might it be just poor fit not burnt? Also tried new cables in random off chance.

Any advice be amazing ta
Imo don't treat P1 as iem but a full sized 200ohm headphone... That's the power I'm using from my desktop amp to drive it

Sep 22, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #835 of 1,427
My HiBy R6 Pro with 750mw can drive these amazingly.

Too bad, I can't EQ from Tidal app. Need to use my own music. Anyone know how to use TIDAL downloaded music from a music player app?

Any competing full Android daps have an OS level equalizer?

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #838 of 1,427
Sep 22, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #839 of 1,427
OK, it took longer than I expected, but my TinHifi P1 review is finally up. :beerchug:

Nice review
Thanks for trying them on the es100.
It's a shame the P1 needs more 'sturm und drang' than the es100 provides, but not much of a surprise I suppose.
I wonder if the Qudelix 5K is likely to have enough guts to do the job?
It's supposed to supply 2.2v RMS, but I don't know how that compares to the Radsone in the real world.

Sep 23, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #840 of 1,427
I wanted to further tie in my Se 5way. It is able to keep the same separation with its proprietary crossover; there is no muddling. I can listen to complicated tracks and hear the separate sounds. On the P1, anything with separation is done with much more energy, giving a nicer experience. Especially since such complicated songs usually are performed to be high energy and exciting; so the P1 is better suited. P1 and 5way have a similar small soundstage.

Both respond to EQ good.

I feel both planar and the Se 5way have an unfair biase from Crinacle's style of screening. Because parameters like separation can't be quantified with his equipment. (beyond peaks)

Nice review, think you could list the songs you mention into the description. So I can copy and search for them to follow along with you. I'll see if I can subjectively compare my 5way and P1 to the same songs.

Also nice hands, I don't know why. I think your hands are not stubby and nice to look at.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back