Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Aug 29, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #751 of 1,427
Just received the P1. I noticed some clicking sounds on the right earpiece (also on the left one, but far less frequent) when listening to certain songs.... Should I be worried?

False alarm, turned out to be the songs.

Missed this when you posted it but glad you figured it out! Clicking sounds are almost always a sample rate issue, either during digital compression of the song file, or, and if you hear it with more than one song, it's a sample rate conflict between devices.

Aug 29, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #752 of 1,427
the timbre! <3 <3 <3

@CharlieNorwood, the ridge is not secured if the tip bore has no 'anchor' whatsoever... it's so smooth and slippery! :p Will check blues today.

Maybe try a smaller bore tip? I'm using tips that also work on Sony's, they are a little tough to get on, but once they are on they are extremely secure.

Aug 29, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #753 of 1,427
Missed this when you posted it but glad you figured it out! Clicking sounds are almost always a sample rate issue, either during digital compression of the song file, or, and if you hear it with more than one song, it's a sample rate conflict between devices.

Yes, I'm glad that my initial thoughts were wrong. Really don't want to send these back due to some defects. Btw, the box your P1 came with, did it have grey or black foam inside? I think that the batches they produce (using black foam) currently are more hurried with less quality checks. Mine also didn't come with the foam tips like everyone else's and the box was practically falling apart. Lots of glue residue outside of the box etc. Or, it could just be my luck ofc (I ordered from Linsoul, via Amazon Germany).

Linsoul does have good customer service tho. When I contacted them, they immediately offered to send me new ear tips.

Aug 29, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #755 of 1,427
Will keep that in mind Chief. Thanks

I'm currently using Sony Hybrids (genuine ones). They are masterful with trance at least. I have tried a bunch of tips, like the Dunu Spinfits (CP100) and various other no-name tips, but the hybrids sound the best to me and brings the bass forward.

Before using these, the Vsonic GR07s were my main IEMs. It's ridiculous how much of an improvement this is, despite not spending a lot more on it (I spent around 110$ on the GR07s back in the days)

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #756 of 1,427
Researching new Hiby R5 if it has enough juice to power it... Quoted 1040mW@16ohm... Should be OK?

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #757 of 1,427
Researching new Hiby R5 if it has enough juice to power it... Quoted 1040mW@16ohm... Should be OK?

1040mW x2 will for sure do it. If it's 520mW x2 then IMO will also suffice, you'll just probably need to get close to max power if you apply any EQ.

The R5 looks pretty interesting all around though. If you go for it, please drop some impressions here. Been looking for a DAP that does streaming apps + a good amount of power + eq + bluetooth AND plays nicely with the p1. Would've preferred 2.5 to 4.4 but now I'm just splitting hairs.

I'm a dedicated iPhone user for now - might switch to a ROG at some point idk. But even though iPhone does AAC really really well, the lack of global EQ and the higher-res bt codecs can be a bummer.

Aug 30, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #758 of 1,427
I'm currently using Sony Hybrids (genuine ones). They are masterful with trance at least. I have tried a bunch of tips, like the Dunu Spinfits (CP100) and various other no-name tips, but the hybrids sound the best to me and brings the bass forward.

Before using these, the Vsonic GR07s were my main IEMs. It's ridiculous how much of an improvement this is, despite not spending a lot more on it (I spent around 110$ on the GR07s back in the days)

Got some jvc spiral dots to compare to symbio w and my hybridized spinfits. Shorter tube length doesn't work great with comfort, less bass due to less than ideal seal for me. Spinfits with some mack's extra soft foam plug material around still by FAR sounds and feels best for me. You guys should try it, won't be disappointed.

https://www.amazon.com/Macks-Ultra-...=1567208335&s=gateway&sprefix=mack+ear&sr=8-4

Aug 30, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #761 of 1,427
OK I've tried a bunch of different tips I had lying around. I'm going with some comply foam mediums for now. They seal well and are very grippy. Normally that wouldn't be my pick for just any iem but it is the best out of what I have for these. I don't want to knock the P1 but to me it is definitely a "fills the niche" iem. It seems really dry and analytical. Detail is insane for the price. I think that as long as you know this going in you will be happy. For a "do it all" iem they would be a bad pick for me. For one genre these will knock it out of the park but for another it might be boring for some. I think they have their place and I will keep them.

Aug 30, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #762 of 1,427
how much power do you need to really bring these to life?
I have the fiio A5, Xduoo XD05, Monolith THX portable amp, and Topping NX4 DSD
Seems like it may need more power like from a desktop amp to really shine.
Any suggestions?

Aug 31, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #763 of 1,427
s-l500.jpg

Medium Work great for me.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Black-Me...var=452930865610&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:00 AM Post #764 of 1,427
how much power do you need to really bring these to life?
I have the fiio A5, Xduoo XD05, Monolith THX portable amp, and Topping NX4 DSD
Seems like it may need more power like from a desktop amp to really shine.
Any suggestions?
Imo if a dap can power HD650 should be enough for P1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back