Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Aug 26, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #721 of 1,427
An attempt to create resonance chamber. Sound became warm and bassy, lost crispiness and air. Didn't like it but if you want to try more bass why not.

This is what I talk about. The seating mod.
Just forget that eartips. Too tight, degrade the soundquality. Use the P1s foam, or try different tips, they have not less diameter than the nozzle. No any P1s silicon works well.

Fatdoi
"Imo driving P1 is like driving a 200ohm full size HP... And it gives the sound of full sized cans when driven via desktop amp... But YMMV"

Agree. Weeks I didn't use my full sizes, because I get full listening experience with P1, like with a can. (Final Sonorous 6, Quad Era1)

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #723 of 1,427
How to identify L, R easily: Different colours of TFZ foam tips.
IMG_20190825_224415.jpg

Aug 26, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #724 of 1,427
Fixed, used 2 tips and put them together so it is now longer. foam tips and longest/biggest silicone tips put together. If i use 1 silicone tip the soundstage is just between my eyes but with these combo tips the soundstage is now a 10 cm wider than my ears, close to a good open back headphones and the bass is much more present and even rumbles, to the sub bass area too.
Now not selling hehe

I tried what you did, I failed to 'implant' silicone stem into foam.

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #725 of 1,427
I tried what you did, I failed to 'implant' silicone stem into foam.
It will go in, just push and turn at same time. So much that the red part is half in the foam one.

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #726 of 1,427
Can a wm1a power these iems effectively?

Aug 26, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #728 of 1,427
Can a wm1a power these iems effectively?

Effectively? Yes. Properly? Nah. They will get loud coming from the WM1A but will be missing dynamics, especially on the low end. If you don't care about bass - you should be okay though.

Aug 26, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #729 of 1,427
Effectively? Yes. Properly? Nah. They will get loud coming from the WM1A but will be missing dynamics, especially on the low end. If you don't care about bass - you should be okay though.
Oh, I do care about bass. Basically, if I'm not using an amp with a dap then best not bother. Possibly my n8 would power them though

Aug 26, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #730 of 1,427
Oh, I do care about bass. Basically, if I'm not using an amp with a dap then best not bother. Possibly my n8 would power them though

LOL a WM1A and n8? Nice... Yeah the Cayin should be a good fit with the p1 (I have an old c5 laying around that I should test the p1 on). I'm currently using the E1DA PowerDAC v2 which puts out 600mW@32 I believe and although there isn't much headroom after applying EQ (I think I'm around -8dB volume in the app) it's driving the P1 quite nicely.

Aug 27, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #733 of 1,427
Has anyone here used both the Radone ES100 AND the iFi xCan to drive the P1s?
If so, do they benefit from the increased power available form the iFi?

I know that in theory they should but please only answer if you've actually tried both devices to drive them and can compare.
I'm thinking of selling my desktop amp to buy an xCan
Thanks

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #734 of 1,427
P1's arrived. Listening to them now with the stock tips... pretty impressed so far with the natural timbre... and the bass is there :)
Does anyone know how the bass on these compares to the hifiman 400i? I know alot of people said the bass is lacking on both the 400i and the p1's...I actually find the 400is bass to be spot on and rather addictive. It's there, its present but you don't notice it...it doesn't bleed over.

Aug 27, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #735 of 1,427
Does anyone know how the bass on these compares to the hifiman 400i? I know alot of people said the bass is lacking on both the 400i and the p1's...I actually find the 400is bass to be spot on and rather addictive. It's there, its present but you don't notice it...it doesn't bleed over.

I own both, but to me it is an apples and oranges comparison. Over ear open back vs in ear doesn’t directly compare.

I will say with the right amp and good eq they both sound better than without

Users who are viewing this thread

Back