Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Aug 9, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #556 of 1,427
Mention to my Post #527 , with that spacing method and exactly that eartips you get that bass feeling during listening, like you get from the LCD2 or LCD2classic.
Just keep in mind, the P1 is power hungry. For the satisfying sonic results, need to amp it, even if you don't listen on higher volume level.

Update on my P1 experience:
Over on 80 hrs I noticed more coherence in sound.
That is mean, I got a little more deep soundstage, that brought better imaging.
Silkier but same detailed highs.
Better performance on lower volume - with amp.
Higher tolerance to lower quality records.
I got to demo the LCD2C a few weeks ago. Definitely would not consider them basshead or even moderately so.

Aug 9, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #557 of 1,427
I got to demo the LCD2C a few weeks ago. Definitely would not consider them basshead or even moderately so.

I see now.
The P1 is not your cup of tee in any setup.

I have one iem in my mind in this pricerange, probably you could appreciate that - after look on your inventories.
Have you ever tried the Trinity Audio (R.I.P.) Icarus lll earphone?
With its multiple nozzle filter sound tuning option you are able to set its sound from the linear to cars x-bass booombastic bass level character in dozen steps, depend on your taste.

Aug 9, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #558 of 1,427
I see now.
The P1 is not your cup of tee in any setup.

I have one iem in my mind in this pricerange, probably you could appreciate that - after look on your inventories.
Have you ever tried the Trinity Audio (R.I.P.) Icarus lll earphone?
With its multiple nozzle filter sound tuning option you are able to set its sound from the linear to cars x-bass booombastic bass level character in dozen steps, depend on your taste.
Yes, like most things on here, it's subjective. I've owned a couple of Trinity IEMs in the past (Delta and Phantom Master) but never the Icarus III. Sounds interesting though and I'll try to find a used one online. Won't take up any more time on this thread since I have my answer about the P1. Thanks.

Aug 9, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #559 of 1,427
Would the P1 work for a "moderate" basshead? Perhaps adding a little EQ on the low end?

With a lot of power, EQ, and a proper seal - the p1 will satisfy a moderate basshead. IMO if you can't get good bass on p1 it's because one of those three are missing or lacking.

Aug 10, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #560 of 1,427
Been watching the P1 closely since the launch. It seems to get very good reviews overall.

The one notable exception would be Crinacle, who rated the P1 at a C+ which is just at or below average. The reasons for the low score were poor
technicalities and soundstage capabilities.

So, can anyone articulate with precision your experience of the P1's stage and technical proficiency?

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #561 of 1,427
Been watching the P1 closely since the launch. It seems to get very good reviews overall.

The one notable exception would be Crinacle, who rated the P1 at a C+ which is just at or below average. The reasons for the low score were poor
technicalities and soundstage capabilities.

So, can anyone articulate with precision your experience of the P1's stage and technical proficiency?

Well, Crinacle rates the MH755 which is IMHO way less technical and has about zero soundstage a tier above, so go figure...

When you first listen to the P1 you think you've got a giant killer in your hands due to its speed and clarity but it's not quite it IMO but still an outstanding performer at its price point I would think. The only think I kinda object to (in terms of tonal balance) is the IE800esque treble presentation.

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:43 AM Post #562 of 1,427
I think P1 lacks in subbass department... It's there but not doing much

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #563 of 1,427
I think P1 lacks in subbass department... It's there but not doing much
Agree with you there, but try an amp with it :)

Aug 10, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #564 of 1,427
Aug 10, 2019 at 4:22 AM Post #565 of 1,427
It does seem to like my Little dot mk2. Tubes give it some more warmth :)

Aug 10, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #566 of 1,427
Anyone had the chance to compare these with the RHA CL750? I’ve been using the CL750 amped with the ALO CV5 and have been overall quite impressed for the money. It’s not an all-rounder and suffers from some sibilance, but it works pretty beautifully with classical and instrumental music. I wonder if the P1 would represent a significant improvement out of the same amp?

Aug 10, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #567 of 1,427
Anyone had the chance to compare these with the RHA CL750? I’ve been using the CL750 amped with the ALO CV5 and have been overall quite impressed for the money. It’s not an all-rounder and suffers from some sibilance, but it works pretty beautifully with classical and instrumental music. I wonder if the P1 would represent a significant improvement out of the same amp?

I get my set on Monday and am as confused as I ever have been given how different everyone’s set up is. A powerful amp that is on the warm side of neutral is another suggestion from most.

I would guess there needs to be a synergy that only your ears can confirm.

Aug 10, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #568 of 1,427
Just got my P1's about 30 minutes ago and did a couple of "things" to them.
First impressions, WOW! they sound awesome! I'm using a balanced cable with my Hiby R6 Pro and the P1's drive good to my ears at 40 volume, better than I've read.
I don't see a reason to use an amp at this point.
The stock tips were way small for my ears. Foam tips for my Adeze iSINE10 fit perfectly.

Tin P1.jpg

Aug 10, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #569 of 1,427
I certainly found the warmth of tubes worked well with the CL750, taming the highs, so could well be a good bet for these. I wonder whether the P1 offers a more complete package. Also how it would stand up against the Oriolus Forsteni , also known as being a bright listen.

I get my set on Monday and am as confused as I ever have been given how different everyone’s set up is. A powerful amp that is on the warm side of neutral is another suggestion from most.

I would guess there needs to be a synergy that only your ears can confirm.

Aug 10, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #570 of 1,427
Can you guys who have the Tin Hifi P1 compare it to like the HD58X (or HD580-660S range) or the Yamaha HPH-MT8 (or MT220 or such) for instance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back