Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Aug 7, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #542 of 1,427
Anyone looking to offload a pair of these in U.K. or Europe, please do stop me a line
Thanks!
May be of no help whatsoever because I don't see why you shouldn't order your own but mine is sitting at the Swedish Posten/customs because Linsoul sent them out even though they shouldn't have and don't seem to bother answering on e-mails. Maybe I would like them maybe not but I don't feel confident taking a gamble I guess. Ordered for $149 + the $20 cable which I have no idea if it's there or not or whatever (separate backage at some other time?) declared at $20 I think so $5 in SEK in VAT + 75 SEK ($7.6 or so) in fee for administration to have them delivered.

Aug 7, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #543 of 1,427
Just received the pair from MD.... now just over 40 hours burning it.... my goodness this small bugger chews power like a full sized cans!! it needs similar power to 300ohm HD6xx or ZMF..... not sure how i can bring it outside with enough power to drive it. otherwise quite glorious sound

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #544 of 1,427
May be of no help whatsoever because I don't see why you shouldn't order your own but mine is sitting at the Swedish Posten/customs because Linsoul sent them out even though they shouldn't have and don't seem to bother answering on e-mails. Maybe I would like them maybe not but I don't feel confident taking a gamble I guess. Ordered for $149 + the $20 cable which I have no idea if it's there or not or whatever (separate backage at some other time?) declared at $20 I think so $5 in SEK in VAT + 75 SEK ($7.6 or so) in fee for administration to have them delivered.
I began regretting the purchase right up until the time they were delivered then I listened to the and wow.... They are spectacular. Rich, detailed, precise, clarity and they get better with time. Ordered mine with the $20 balanced cable and it was all there. Bite bullet and get them delivered. If I had to make a choice, I'd give up ever other iem I own for these.

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #545 of 1,427
Just received the pair from MD.... now just over 40 hours burning it.... my goodness this small bugger chews power like a full sized cans!! it needs similar power to 300ohm HD6xx or ZMF..... not sure how i can bring it outside with enough power to drive it. otherwise quite glorious sound
I've been driving them out and about with a Shanling UP2, BTR3 and M5s DAP. All have plenty of joice to make them sing.

Aug 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #546 of 1,427
Has anyone tried these with iBasso DX120? If so, does it drive them well?
I have the old DX90, too, but no other portable player.
For the desktop, I have Chord Mojo and HRT Microstreamer.
Someone said these reminded of ATH-MSR7. I like those, but these might have less bass. Would they sound alike to PSB M4U 1? Those are more bass light than ATH-MSR7.
And is there no seller in Europe for these yet?
Don't want to pay full tax and customs for it (would be about $55).
Thanks.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #547 of 1,427

XCAN is about the size of a pack of smokes and does bluetooth really well (1W per channel in balanced). Or the new fiio q5s should also do ya well on the go. I also have a E1DA PowerDac v2 on the way - 600mW per channel (also 2.5 balanced) though it needs a wired OTG connection from your phone or dap.

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #548 of 1,427
XCAN is about the size of a pack of smokes and does bluetooth really well (1W per channel in balanced). Or the new fiio q5s should also do ya well on the go. I also have a E1DA PowerDac v2 on the way - 600mW per channel (also 2.5 balanced) though it needs a wired OTG connection from your phone or dap.
I take it you bought the PowerDac V2 directly. Can I ask what the total cost to your door is ?

Aug 8, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #549 of 1,427
I take it you bought the PowerDac V2 directly. Can I ask what the total cost to your door is ?

Correct. I sent E1DA payment directly via PayPal - after the paypal fees my total was $62.26 USD. I generally don't do things like that but Ivan was super responsive on email so I felt pretty comfortable. Now I'm sure I've got a pretty lengthy wait but I'll for sure be posting about it when it comes in.

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #550 of 1,427

Please do report on the E1DA PowerDac with the P1..
I highly considered this (Especially at only $50!!), but I backed out because I was worried that it would be too much power for the P1..
However, after seeing how loud I can crank my Atom Amp (high gain on @50% volume seems about right with the P1), I feel like I probably should have jumped on the E1DA PowerDac as well.
Again... ONLY $50! How is that even possible??
So I am very curious about this little unit.

BTW: the P1 is ASTONISHING!! (with some odd little issues here and there)
I will report more details after longer listening sessions.

Aug 9, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #551 of 1,427
Has anyone tried these with iBasso DX120? If so, does it drive them well?
I have the old DX90, too, but no other portable player.
For the desktop, I have Chord Mojo and HRT Microstreamer.
Someone said these reminded of ATH-MSR7. I like those, but these might have less bass. Would they sound alike to PSB M4U 1? Those are more bass light than ATH-MSR7.
And is there no seller in Europe for these yet?
Don't want to pay full tax and customs for it (would be about $55).
Thanks.

Linsoul are customs friendly :wink: no duty charged on mine to U.K. :)

Aug 9, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #552 of 1,427
Correct. I sent E1DA payment directly via PayPal - after the paypal fees my total was $62.26 USD. I generally don't do things like that but Ivan was super responsive on email so I felt pretty comfortable. Now I'm sure I've got a pretty lengthy wait but I'll for sure be posting about it when it comes in.

did you try the eq preset Ivan made for the p1? my powerdac v2 will be arriving anytime next week. Just ordered the P1 and might come tomorrow.
What difference did the preset make with he P1?

Thank you.

edit: My bad, you're pdv2 is also in the mail. I'm excited already. Ivan told me that the pdv2 is glorious with the P1 so much so that he changed his mind about iems.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #554 of 1,427
Would the P1 work for a "moderate" basshead? Perhaps adding a little EQ on the low end?

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #555 of 1,427
Would the P1 work for a "moderate" basshead? Perhaps adding a little EQ on the low end?

Mention to my Post #527 , with that spacing method and exactly that eartips you get that bass feeling during listening, like you get from the LCD2 or LCD2classic.
Just keep in mind, the P1 is power hungry. For the satisfying sonic results, need to amp it, even if you don't listen on higher volume level.

Update on my P1 experience:
Over on 80 hrs I noticed more coherence in sound.
That is mean, I got a little more deep soundstage, that brought better imaging.
Silkier but same detailed highs.
Better performance on lower volume - with amp.
Higher tolerance to lower quality records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back