Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Aug 3, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #526 of 1,427
I can certainly comment on the P1 characteristic from your post now having owned them for about 6 weeks.
I agree that the P1's blossom with more power. My Schiit Rag (rather powerful) vol at about 30-50%. But they also sound great on my ES100 connected to my phone. Great sound on my daily walks. My tube amp is not balanced so I tend to use it less, but I really liked the layer of warmth it gave to my P1's.
Fast & accurate - yes! and I like that about them. Classical multi-layered stuff is great with them.
Bass dependent upon tips and placement in the ear critically.
Sound stage moderate - yes. But imaging and separation - great.

So after 6 weeks, they are my go to's. I recently ordered Fearless S8Pro's so can do a comparison soon. I actually would love to search for an iem that is less clear but luscious in tone - any suggestions? Or is it better to do a balanced tube amp (currently using Vallhalla)?
Add another voice to this chorus. I completely concur with both of you. I've had mine about 5 weeks and the level of clarity, detail, precision, imaging and depth of these P1s is simply astounding to me. After extended listing to them everything else pales in comparison, to my ears and listening preference. I've been running them straight off a Shanling M5s Balanced and Unbalanced with high gain and off my phone and PC with the new Shanling UP2 and they are just phenomenal. Really the only downside to them, to me is the power requirement. I travel alot and only want to carry one set of IEMs with me. So now I'm looking for something with a higher sensitivity that will give decent isolation and all detail of the P1s. I just ordered the IMR R1 Zenith and although the reviews have been so good, I'm afraid they'll disappoint; we'll see. I've already written off my Xelentos at $800 against the P1. Yes they've got deeper bass but it now just sounds muddy in comparison to the definition of the P1. I'm thinking next on my list to try will be the Audiosense T800.

In this day and age of continually improving Chi Fi, price can no longer be used as an indicator of SQ and one thing for sure the rate of Sound to $$ is decreasing while the rate of Diminishing return is increasing. I actually cant wait to see what Tin Audio does next..... alas maybe I'll just wait

Aug 3, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #527 of 1,427
Hi guys,
I own a P1 about two weeks. It has run 50-60 hrs on my ear.
I read this whole thread with reviews and looks like the P1 get cons on its bass-deeps performance.
My first impressons was the open, clean sound, very good articulation at vocals - mids, the really high quality treble section with tons of details and with fine touch, and also really good separation.
Also I got the flat soundstage and the powerless deeps.
Oh, yeah. My recent setup is PC-Supra usb-Qp1r as dac-TMP ANT amplifier. The Ant is a hybrid amp with plenty of horsepower under the hood. It is perform really well with any headphone I connected to, if that is only a 1 BA Westone UM1 or Final F3100, or a power hungry JPS Labs Abyss. http://finaltamas.aszerzetes.eu/erositok/39-tmp-ant-9w-os-fejhallgatoerosito.html I just wait for its dac, that is under designing at the moment.
I found the problem with the bass is not the quantity (depend on taste of course) but lacks of energy.
Luckily this issue is not within the shell design, but still on the shoulder of the sound engineering.
This is basically an eartip selection issue.
Tinhifi packed next to the P1 universal eartip selection instead of design eartip for this fantastic ear-monitor like the Final Audio does. (Dita Audio using Final Audio tips for they products.)
I have wide range of ear tips in a shopping bag (I just don't find the spiral dots nowhere), and I figured out the P1 needs dumping by eartip to get better deeps.
But because of the shell design was not possible to get right positioning of the tips, they are slides up fully on the nozzle, but I want to fix them on about halfway to get enough damping length above the nozzle ends.
So I got some 510 drip tip rubber (and a thin stripe of isolation tape round on the nozzle for the stable fit to the rubber) and I got the spacing I needed. About 2mm.
I tried almost all my eartips and the idea working with all, but I was not satisfied until I fitted on the Acoustune AET07 tips https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/acoustune-aet07-eartip?variant=40351351047
i have ordered Aet07a and Aet08a.

Only positives I got with this little modification.
Enhanched bass reproduction:
- more tightness
- more details, layers
- more sub bass extension
- energy of bass!

Soundstage:
- Depth!

Vocals:
- More body

High ends:
- No changes. They are amazing with stock tips, stock setups too.

Amplifying:
- With this eartip method the P1 perform better sonically on lower volume level. Just good on a Mate 10pro with stock usb-c connector (volume level not raised of course, and amplifiers still brings they benefits.)

The overall sound signature get a hint warmth to its neutrality.
My beloved Periodic BE get retired after this upgrade on the P1.

A pic with the Acoustune tip and rubbers on nozzle.
IMG_20190803_154919.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #528 of 1,427
Hi guys,
I own a P1 about two weeks. It in has run 50-60 hrs on my ear.
I read this whole thread with reviews and looks like the P1 get cons on its bass-deeps performance.
My first impressons was the open, clean sound, very good articulation at vocals - mids, the really high quality treble section with tons of details and with fine touch, and also really good separation.
Oh, yeah. My recent setup is PC-Supra usb-Qp1r as dac-TMP ANT amplifier. The Ant is a hybrid amp with plenty of horsepower under the hood. It is perform really well with any headphone I connected to, if that is only a 1 BA Westone UM1 or Final F3100, or a power hungry JPS Labs Abyss. http://finaltamas.aszerzetes.eu/erositok/39-tmp-ant-9w-os-fejhallgatoerosito.html I just wait for its dac, that is under designing at the moment.
I found the problem with the bass is not the quantity (depend on taste of course) but lacks on energy.
Luckily this issue is not within the shell design, but still on the shoulder of the sound engineering.
Tinhifi packed next to the P1 universal eartip selection instead of design eartip for this fantastic ear-monitor like the Final Audio does. (Dita Audio using Final Audio tips for they products.)
I have wide range of ear tips in a shopping bag (I just don't find the spiral dots nowhere), and I figured out the P1 needs dumping by eartip to get better deeps.
But because of the shell design was not possible to get right positioning of the tips, they are slides up fully on the nozzle, but I want to fix them on about halfway to get enough damping length above the nozzle ends.
So I got some 510 drip tip rubber (and a thin stripe of isolation tape round on the nozzle for the stable fit to the rubber) and I got the spacing I needed. About 2mm.
I tried almost all my eartips and the idea working with all, but I was not satisfied until I fitted on the Acoustune AET07 tips https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/acoustune-aet07-eartip?variant=40351351047
- more tightness
- more details, layers
- energy of bass!

Soundstage:
- Depth!

Vocals:
- More body

High ends:

Amplifying:
- With this eartip method the P1 perform better sonically on lower volume level. Just good on a Mate 10pro with stock usb-c connector (volume level not raised of course, and amplifiers still brings they benefits.)

I agree that the P1 is very tip dependent. I tried some triple flange tips which helped increase the bass and give body to everything and helped to tighten it up. But I can only wear triple flange tips for so long. At least the nozzles are much longer on the P1 compared to the T2. I'm curious about the Spinfit double flange for the P1 though. Do you happen to have those and did you try them? I may make a spacer from some old tips I can sacrifice and try out your mod.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #529 of 1,427
Hi guys,
I own a P1 about two weeks. It has run 50-60 hrs on my ear.
I found the problem with the bass is not the quantity (depend on taste of course) but lacks of energy.
i have ordered Aet07a and Aet08a.

- more tightness
- more details, layers
- energy of bass!

Soundstage:
- Depth!

Vocals:
- More body

High ends:

Amplifying:

Thank you so much for all of the detail. Great specifics!

Aug 3, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #530 of 1,427
A nice luscious little beast is the Whizzer Kylin. That’s my go to for mellow music, but also a great all-rounder. I think those are about$125 now. Very underrated.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look at them.

Aug 3, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #531 of 1,427
@fericske

Your solution is more elegant. I just took an old pair of tips (Daiso tips @ $1.99 for a six pack) I never use and trimmed (hacked) a piece of the connecting tube to make the spacer. My Auvio tips, which are generally my go-to, now have more body and better bass response whereas before they seem to lack body. This trick has been around for sometime in the community but I think it's working really well for the P1 at the moment. I can probably say goodbye to the triple flange tips for these. I may order those Acoustune's too and some Final-E just to compare it to my Auvio. Do you haappen to have the Auvio tips from Radio Shack and if you do, could you compare them? Thanks!

qm1i1f8.jpg

Aug 3, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #532 of 1,427
I agree that the P1 is very tip dependent. I tried some triple flange tips which helped increase the bass and give body to everything and helped to tighten it up. But I can only wear triple flange tips for so long. At least the nozzles are much longer on the P1 compared to the T2. I'm curious about the Spinfit double flange for the P1 though. Do you happen to have those and did you try them? I may make a spacer from some old tips I can sacrifice and try out your mod.

Yeah, I tried plenty of tips.
Sennheiser double flange, Spinfit double, Trinity Audio double, Vsonic double, Soundmagic double. Everyone gives right damping lenght - excluding the Senn double - but far not the same effect, than the Acoustune tips can do.
So the length is not enough. I guess the magic is in the AET07 eartip. Read its description on the Acoustune link.
No anyone else tips - from my collection - can make that thunderous, quick, zzzingy energyfull planar deeps you will feel at the back of your head.

Comply, Dekoni, noname foams, Sony, Final and the above brands silicon and foam variations those are compatible with P1. Dozens I tried. The best is that Acoustune or the stock foam is good enough until you get the AET07.
Shure, Westone, some Vsonic, Etymotic no fit.

"Your solution is more elegant. I just took an old pair of tips (Daiso tips @ $1.99 for a six pack) I never use and trimmed (hacked) a piece of the connecting tube to make the spacer. My Auvio tips, which are generally my go-to, now have more body and better bass response whereas before they seem to lack body. This trick has been around for sometime in the community but I think it's working really well for the P1 at the moment. I can probably say goodbye to the triple flange tips for these. I may order those Acoustune's too and some Final-E just to compare it to my Auvio. Do you haappen to have the Auvio tips from Radio Shack and if you do, could you compare them? Thanks!"

I don't know the Auvio tips, but give up the Final-e. One of the worst performer on P1. Go for the Acoustune tips. My suggestion is the AET07a.
By the way just try all of your tips, but for hours, and number of tracks.
I found the high ends are very good with foam (even stock) tips, and I noticed some of the tips degraded the quality of the highs. So be carefully during sessions, and go back to foam time by time and check the highs.
Momently I can guarantee the AET07 doesn't degrade anything sonically, but improve.
I wait for the two latest Acoustune tips.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #533 of 1,427
I tried a lot of tips also, but I’ve settled on the Symbio W hybrid tip.

Edit:

This track shows some what the P1 does best imho.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #534 of 1,427
Tip update:

I've gone back to SpinFit CP100 as I was finding the bass a little rolled off and some sibilance on the symbio w tips - this could also just be a fit issue with them - I might need to size up to the L on symbio w to get good isolation like I did for the Spinfits. The spinfits take a little work to get around the nozzle, but when you do they are tight and pretty stable, so they don't slide back toward the housing unless you want them too.

These are the ones I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EH0MKGU

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #535 of 1,427
I must say I've settled on Comply T400 and T500 with the P1. Bass runs a little lower with a bit more punch and an ever so slight roll of the treble. Man I love these things.

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #537 of 1,427
4.9mm.comply T400 equivalent. Final Audio E Tips

Aug 7, 2019 at 2:22 AM Post #538 of 1,427
I find MandarinEs W hybrid tips pair well with mine

Aug 7, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #539 of 1,427
Any lack of lower frequencies with the P1 are sorted with an amp. Fiio gives 2 bass boost options, but Aune on high gain and class A does it for me! :wink:

57B22432-179F-4A55-8FE5-FA0F1F752899.jpeg C9E05F55-14E6-488A-833F-496B8EB20E3D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back