Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jun 20, 2019 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,427

CoryGillmore

Headphoneus Supremus
Well these things are setting the internet ablaze. 10mm planar IEM from the same people who brought us the T1, T2 and T3. The hype is real! Gonna get me a pair myself once they're on Amazon.

Tin Hifi p1.jpg

https://drop.com/buy/tin-audio-p1-iem

They're definitely gorgeous!

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 1,427
I ordered them hope i wont be dissappointet

Jun 20, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #3 of 1,427
I ordered them hope i wont be dissappointet
I don’t think you will be! I’m afraid they’ll make my $1100+ IER-M9 obsolete!

Jun 20, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #4 of 1,427
Jun 20, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #8 of 1,427
Jun 20, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #9 of 1,427
I joined the drop for the P1 and BL1. I'm looking forward to them. I don’t have high expectation but P1 seem like it’s getting a lot of hype because it’s selling well on Drop. End of July is a long wait. My favorite planar IEM right now is the Nightingale. I am still looking for a cheap LCD-i4 to join my planar IEM collection.

Jun 20, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #10 of 1,427
Jun 20, 2019 at 11:31 PM Post #11 of 1,427
Subbed.

Ordered a pair straight from linsoul - missed the free cable promo but ordered that anyway too lol. Says they start shipping next week so hopefully I’ll be back with some thoughts in a couple weeks ‍♂️

Jun 20, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #12 of 1,427
I guess I'll repost this here: https://www.antdroid.net/2019/06/tin-hifi-p1-planar-iem-extended.html

These are my initial impressions/review, which I've updated throughout the last day or so.
You made me very glad I didn't pre-order yet. Shallow fit and overcooked treble are absolute no-goes for me. I made an exception on the former for the exquisite soundstage of the Oxygens, but I am not eager to repeat that wrestling match with another IEM at any price. Vocal recession nails the coffin shut.

Looks like a great fit for folks who don't mind those issues, however. That the Andromeda is even mentioned with IEMs that cost 7x less means that Tin is hitting it out of the park for a ton less money than the big guys.

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #15 of 1,427
You made me very glad I didn't pre-order yet. Shallow fit and overcooked treble are absolute no-goes for me. I made an exception on the former for the exquisite soundstage of the Oxygens, but I am not eager to repeat that wrestling match with another IEM at any price. Vocal recession nails the coffin shut.

Looks like a great fit for folks who don't mind those issues, however. That the Andromeda is even mentioned with IEMs that cost 7x less means that Tin is hitting it out of the park for a ton less money than the big guys.

I have not tried the Oxygen, but people compare it to the Kanas Pro. The Kanas Pro was not sibilant and treble edgy and weird to me. The P1 definitely has that artifact. Crinacle earlier told me to listen to a Rhianna track that he found to have this issue in bundles, and yea, I heard it too. Lots of S-ss and T--s. You can EQ it down though, by basically applying a High Shelf filter to wipe away the upper end starting at around 14K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back