Tin HiFi Impressions Thread
Nov 25, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #572 of 672
Just opened up the T3+ and have some impressions to share. Seems like a good bass heavy set, with enough clarity elsewhere to check off boxes and little recessed if anything.

Not the most detailed like a tribrid competitor may be, but pretty good out of box it feels like.

Thank you for the quick comparison. Is the tin T3+ have better air/treble extension than Aria? Will you try GK10 or tri i3 pro anytime soon ?

Nov 25, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #573 of 672
Thank you for the quick comparison. Is the tin T3+ have better air/treble extension than Aria? Will you try GK10 or tri i3 pro anytime soon ?
The GK10 was ordered but never arrived ☹️

Haven’t thought of tri i3 🤔

As for treble extension, I haven’t had time to focus yet on each portion of the tuning response in depth (busy outside the channel work), but plan to have more commentary on my thoughts overall in the full review with demos. 😄

Nov 30, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #575 of 672
EFB613F4-F851-4B41-9912-11D97012E083.jpeg
Okay, this is perhaps the best thing that Tin has made since the T2 made waves when I was just getting into iems. (I’ve owned those, the T2+, T4, and also the regular T3 for a short while.) Tuning is outstanding, soundstage/imaging are above average to good, comfort is the best I’ve ever experienced due to their lightweight shell. To be picky, mid bass is a bit bloomy and treble is just shy of sharp. This is definitely a good competitor to the Mele and Aria, falling in between those price points.

Dec 1, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #576 of 672
Just received my T3 plus today. First impression is quite good. Bass is very prominent, it has a nice slam and heft. The mid is slightly recessed but doesn't get buried by the bass. The treble is pretty smooth, cymbals has nice air but never harsh. Very good tuned IEM I might say. The soundstage is more intimate and not as wide as the Aria, about the same as the Mele.
Build quality is excellent and it is beautifully finished - no sharp edges. I am still using the tips that came with it and it fit me perfectly. Using the KBear 8 core silver plated cable.
20211201_141353.jpg
7Hz Timeless, Kato, Mele and T3 plus

Dec 1, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #577 of 672
Deleted

Dec 10, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #578 of 672
I got my T2 EVO a few days back. While it's a good back to roots tuning but it lacks the spunk. For most of the times it sounds very muted as if it's being restrained by something. It's good but currently not at all competitive. Heart Mirror is clear neutral king under 50 IMO.

Dec 10, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #579 of 672
I got my T2 EVO a few days back. While it's a good back to roots tuning but it lacks the spunk. For most of the times it sounds very muted as if it's being restrained by something. It's good but currently not at all competitive. Heart Mirror is clear neutral king under 50 IMO.

Agreed, Heart Mirror eats the T2 Evo in most departments (technicalities, timbre, tonality, accessories, isolation, fit). Perhaps other than Heart Mirror needing a bit more juice to drive, and soundstage.

Interestingly, their new Tin T3 Plus is quite good. It has similar tonality to the Moondrop Aria 2021. I find the T3 Plus a bit more boosted in the bass and treble, but they are quite similar otherwise. Aria has a tinge better timbral accuracy, but due to the boosted bass, the T3 Plus sounds more fun.

Dec 11, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #580 of 672
Agreed, Heart Mirror eats the T2 Evo in most departments (technicalities, timbre, tonality, accessories, isolation, fit). Perhaps other than Heart Mirror needing a bit more juice to drive, and soundstage.

Interestingly, their new Tin T3 Plus is quite good. It has similar tonality to the Moondrop Aria 2021. I find the T3 Plus a bit more boosted in the bass and treble, but they are quite similar otherwise. Aria has a tinge better timbral accuracy, but due to the boosted bass, the T3 Plus sounds more fun.
Now that you mention it, I'm very much tempted to get them in some sale later on.😂😂😂 Anything around $60 and I will definitely lap them up. I want to try a LCP driver as well.

Dec 11, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #581 of 672
Now that you mention it, I'm very much tempted to get them in some sale later on.😂😂😂 Anything around $60 and I will definitely lap them up. I want to try a LCP driver as well.

I bought my Moondrop Aria 2021 at $56 USD on shopee during the recent sales around 11/11.

I think the Tin T3 Plus and Aria are sidegrades, Aria is a bit more elegant and refined, Tin T3 Plus is a bit more fun, so pick your poison, they aren't far from each other, though I'd still take the Aria between the 2, if gun to head and I had to choose only one.

Dec 14, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #583 of 672
Has anyone had a chance to compare the T3+ to the iBasso IT00?

iBasso IT00 has less treble and more subbass. IT00 has driver flex though, and technicalities aren't as good as versus the T3 plus. IT00 also has a thicker note weight.

Bassheads would prefer the IT00 in essence, whereas the rest will probably flock to the T3 Plus.

Dec 18, 2021 at 10:35 AM Post #584 of 672
_DSC8639-Edit (75).jpg

While quite different from the IEMs which built TinHifi’s reputation, the T3 Plus is a well-tuned IEM with competitive technical performance for the price point.
My full review, with additional images, measurements, and a comparison with the Moondrop Aria, is available on my blog:
https://medium.com/bedrock-reviews/tinhifi-t3-plus-review-6e35132deea3

Jan 2, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #585 of 672
I bought my Moondrop Aria 2021 at $56 USD on shopee during the recent sales around 11/11.

I think the Tin T3 Plus and Aria are sidegrades, Aria is a bit more elegant and refined, Tin T3 Plus is a bit more fun, so pick your poison, they aren't far from each other, though I'd still take the Aria between the 2, if gun to head and I had to choose only one.
I think I'll go for Aria over T3 Plus. Need to have a proper moondrop iem in my collection. Elegant and refined it is over fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back