1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Time to Recable

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by poison shroom, Dec 14, 2010.
  1. Poison Shroom
    Hey guys, I have a pair of Denon AH-D2000s that need to be recabled, the wire is bad near the jack. 
    I originally got them Grey-market, so I don't think it makes sense to ask Denon to repair them (I think they're about two years old anyway, so I doubt I have any semblance of a warranty now.) 

I was also told recabling the D2000s makes a bit of a difference in sound quality, so I'm thinking of just doing the whole thing.

I really don't know who to turn to for this, I've seen a few sites linked on Head-Fi, but all have varying prices, so I assume also varying craftsmanship.
    Could I get some ideas on places with good reputations and what is reasonable to pay?

I'd like a higher quality cable then what's in the Denon, I'm thinking around a 2m cable (6 ft) and I'd like a plug similar to what I have already; the 1/8 3.5mm plug, but you can screw a 1/4 plug over it instead of needing to use an adaptor which sticks out. I'd also love a fabric wrapped cable instead of rubber

2. Poison Shroom
    Bump

3. HeatFan12 Contributor
    8 day bump Poison....Wow, 2 years ago this thread would have had 30 replies...lol.....Nowadays when it comes to cables and re-cables, peeps like to keep out.  The threads turn into a mess by the believers and non-believers.  Why can't we just get along....

Drew @ Moon Audio has re-cabled a bunch of my phones.  Shoot him an email and he'll square you away....

Let us know how you make out....

[​IMG]