Time To Get Serious About Audio [RECOMMEND ME HEADPHONES]
Dec 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Krontimus

New Head-Fier
My budget is about 200$, I will be using these for personal enjoyment (Me being a huge basshead), as well as audio creation, I would like to begin creating Electronic Music, mainly EDM,House, and Dubstep, anyways what would be some headphones that would suit me well there oh by the way I will be using them on a high-end PC

Here are some musts:

Removable Cable (I broke the cable on my beats hundreds of times)

Bass (Heavy, but able to tune out for a neutral sound during audio creation)

And that is about it, here are some headphones I have been looking at a lot

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros

Audio Technica Pro 700 Mk2

Tell me what you think or recommend me another pair of cans, anyways thanks guys

Dec 16, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #2 of 3
I currently own the Custom One Pro and really like them for all around listening.  I don't have a better set of headphones to compare them with, but I imagine there are others out there with more refined and neatral sound.  What you do get is a fun sounding headphone that is easy to drive with great bass impact.  The bass may not be the most accurate, but it is fun.  I am currently looking at the DT990 Pros to get that next level of audiophile refinement, but I will be keeping my COPs for portable and closed listening.  I also have the V-MODA Crossfade LP which are bassy as well, but they sound much more closed.  The COPs are much better in my opinion.

Good luck!

Dec 18, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 3
hahaha for audio creation, you'll usually want neutral headphones so you can tell what the music really sounds like. since whenyou go DJ somewhere equipment differences can cause your music to sound different. aka if you are using bassheavy headphones, you might find that your mixes are sounding bass-light when you play them elsewhere.

I would recommend away from bass-heavy headphones and get a pair of professional stereo monitoring reference headphones, such as the sony mdr-v6 or shure srh440 they can be found for $100.

Then, you can get a pair of V-Moda LP for sub-$100 for listening pleasure. They are insanely bassy to the point that they semi-drown out other parts of the sound spectrum, but that sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back