Tidal Lossless Streaming
May 6, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #3,496 of 5,201
The fact that it gives NO personalized recommendations and the radio function doesn't let you up/down songs to tailor it to your liking is just maddening.

this is what i find so ironic about Tidal...you'd think with Spotify about to take them on (and probably push them out of business) that they'd step up their game and reply to the customers' numerous requests for improved apps, UI, EQ or whatever...but it's never coming...have the owners just given up?

May 6, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #3,497 of 5,201
this is what i find so ironic about Tidal...you'd think with Spotify about to take them on (and probably push them out of business) that they'd step up their game and reply to the customers' numerous requests for improved apps, UI, EQ or whatever...but it's never coming...have the owners just given up?

Said it before and I'll say it again. Jay-Z was the worst thing to happen to Tidal.

May 6, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #3,499 of 5,201
He's not even aware he offers "hi res". He thinks his subscribers are more interested in having access to Rhianna's used panties:frowning2:

When their big celebration was focused on parading a bunch of musicians out there and raving about how Tidal means better artist payouts I knew Jay had no ****ing idea what he was doing.

"How we gonna sell this service to the masses, Hov?"

"Let's present zero features that will benefit the customer and explain how their money will help make my rich friends even richer!"

"Damn, you ARE a businessman."

May 15, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #3,504 of 5,201
is there any major advantage in sound quality to use audirvana plus with tidal or similar player packages like roon or amarra? i am new to music software and the whole audirvana integer mode thing seems more trouble than its worth. unless the difference is great. i use exclusive mode and force volume to ensure bit perfect delivery on tidal ie leaving the volume to the external amp/dac.

Last edited:
May 16, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #3,505 of 5,201
is there any major advantage in sound quality to use audirvana plus with tidal or similar player packages like roon or amarra? i am new to music software and the whole audirvana integer mode thing seems more trouble than its worth. unless the difference is great. i use exclusive mode and force volume to ensure bit perfect delivery on tidal ie leaving the volume to the external amp/dac.

Hell no.

I say this as someone who's using Tidal right now, but there's really very little solid case to be made that lossless vs 320kbps offers any audible advantage, and there are absolutely reasons to believe that these insane 32/192 files are actually detrimental.

May 16, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #3,506 of 5,201
I can absolutely appreciate the difference between 320mp3 and 24/192. The details/differences are there to be heard but only if your system and/or ears are capable .

May 16, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #3,507 of 5,201
May 16, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #3,510 of 5,201
Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder

I'm just saying, man. The science shows that 192 is actually detrimental to sound if it's audible at all, and 16 vs 24 makes no possible difference to the ears.

I use Tidal and listen to the masters at 24/48 just because it's satisfying to know that I'm not losing anything, but no way I'm gonna be claiming I'm hearing a difference between it and a well-compressed mp3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back