Tidal Lossless Streaming
Feb 28, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #3,781 of 5,201
One thing I wish for on this is if you choose to download a song that's already in your player that it would recognize the duplicate and say something. My zune from many years ago could recognize duplicates.

Mar 25, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #3,783 of 5,201
Are some albums etc region locked? Pink Floyd for example has no masters version available.

P.s I'm in Australia.

Mar 25, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #3,785 of 5,201
Pink Floyd is not on a music label that does MQA releases.

Makes sense why i couldnt find anything. I assumed it was a locale issue but thanks for the reply.

Mar 25, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #3,786 of 5,201
On another note is there a way to bring up all masters albums?

I can only search them via new music - masters.

There should be a masters section imo.

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #3,791 of 5,201
Experience-wise, I find that Tidal can and does sound better than Spotify, some of the time. Sometimes I don’t hear a difference, but when there is, it’s always in favor of Tidal. I have the paid/highest level of both.

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #3,792 of 5,201
HiFi and Master
Spotify only has lossy compressed streaming, and its highest quality is roughly equivalent to Tidal "High" (also compressed). Tidal HiFi and Master stream at much higher data rate and should deliver higher quality, and they require the higher price Premium subscription. If you don't hear higher quality sound, you should not spend extra for the upgrade.

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #3,793 of 5,201
Experience-wise, I find that Tidal can and does sound better than Spotify, some of the time. Sometimes I don’t hear a difference, but when there is, it’s always in favor of Tidal. I have the paid/highest level of both.
Me too. Using both services with paid/highest level and am very happy to hear that I am not crazy. OK, that I am not alone in that :).

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #3,794 of 5,201
I found Apple music better then spotify... spotify say on their site, if enough users request lossless, then they'll implement it, but they say that about every feature request. Probably their market research shows its an unnecessary burden on their servers etc for now at least.

May 1, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #3,795 of 5,201
I recently subscribed to a Tidal multi-user HIFI account. I am a US expatriate living in Switzerland, and upon signing up I started receiving communications in French, and on the Home page I get "French Artists" in my selection headlines. As there is no user preference option to change that, I contacted support to ask to modify my language. After an initial reply by some robot that made no sense whatsoever, upon my insistence I finally got this reply:

"Unfortunately the language is chosen by the IP address used to register, for Switzerland, our main language is French. Unfortunately there is not a way to override this presently."

I believe it's a gross mistake on Tidal's part not to allow users to choose their own language preferences, and instead determine them by default assuming what language they speak form their IP addresses. What about expatriates? If I'm an English speaking person living in a non-English speaking country, and I subscribe to Tidal from that country, why should I get stuck forever with a language I don't even understand? And this obviously applies to any other supported language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back