Tidal Lossless Streaming

Discussion in 'Music' started by baroninkjet, Sep 4, 2014.
First

Back
241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250
252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260
Next

Last
  1. Ekul61
    Thx, my wifi must be a little weak. As my flac files in my laptop are more dynamic in sound over the tidal wifi connection.

2. gefski
    Though Tidal sounds really good, ripped 16/44 files will contain a bit less noise in my rig. Of course, the quality of the master used can change that either way.

3. rkw
    It's very easy to compare if your laptop has an Ethernet port – just connect an Ethernet cable from the router to the computer. If you don't have a problem watching videos, I wouldn't expect it to make a difference. It could also be the quality of your internet service from your provider, then it would affect both wired and WiFi connections.

There is one other factor to consider when comparing FLAC files to Tidal streaming. The sound quality of many albums on Tidal (and other streaming services) is compromised by the watermark encoded by the music labels: https://www.mattmontag.com/music/universals-audible-watermark. Even with a perfect connection to Tidal lossless, the sound may still be inferior to a CD or ripped FLAC.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  4. gefski
    Interesting read. The logical question is why watermark in the clearly audible frequency range? Why not in sub or ultra frequencies where it should be less damaging?

5. TimeSnow
    Because then it could be removed.

gefski and sonitus mirus like this.
  6. Currawong Contributor
    Also because those frequencies wouldn't be reproduced by a 44.1-encoded file/stream.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  7. RuiPP
    Hi.
    The spinning album art is only for IOS, right?
    Thanks.

8. rkw
    The stupid spinning album art is on every Tidal player (iOS, Android, web player).

9. RuiPP
    I don't regret it, but it isn't on my Android smartphone (Sony Z5)... Any clue, please? Thanks.

10. rkw
    My bad. I've only been running Tidal on computers lately. The spinning album art is on Mac and Windows native apps, and on the web player. Not on mobile (Android or iOS). I just checked.

11. RuiPP
    Thanks!

12. RuiPP
    Is it possible to use an equalizer for Tidal with an Android smartphone?

13. rkw
    It is possible to apply an equalizer that affects all audio from the phone. I don't know about other manufacturers, but Samsung has a built-in equalizer at Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Advanced Sound Quality and Effects. You can also go to the Google Play store and search for equalizer.

RuiPP likes this.
  14. RuiPP
    Ok, I thought Tidal wasn’t affected, so I hadn't tried yet.

15. RuiPP
    I'd like to transfer my playlist from Spotify. Is there a better alternative to Soundiiz?

First

Back
241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250
252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260
Next

Last