Tidal Lossless Streaming

Discussion in 'Music' started by baroninkjet, Sep 4, 2014.
  1. SomeGuyDude
    Did anyone do the Best Buy promotion? Six months of Tidal for 99c hahaha

2. ljnew
    I did!

SomeGuyDude likes this.
  3. toolio
    Could be the architecture of the laptop. Some HP laptops, including one I own, are known for not working with some USB DACs. MY HP won’t work with any Dragonfly DAC, a fact that is noted in Dragonfly support pages.

4. TYATYA
    How to pls!

5. mattmc1228
    After researching,
    Looks like I need to download the drivers on to the new laptop.
    Let's see if this takes care of it.....
    Stayed tuned......

6. mikeofearth
    I've officially signed up for Tidal HiFi, not under any type of discount. I've been off and on with Tidal, Spotify and Deezer, and I've decided to stick with Tidal for a while. Now that I have some very good IEM's, I'm a pinch more inclined to hunt down the best quality streaming I can get. Oh, and hdtracks for purchases :)

7. SomeGuyDude
    The promotion ended, sadly. Basically Best Buy was doing a thing where buying an album got you 6mo of Tidal, so all you had to do was pick up the cheapest thing available. I went with a 99c CD.

TYATYA likes this.
  8. gibby
    I'll leave this here...5TV6AG4BV2

cyclops214 likes this.
  9. gibby
    Has anyone used this Tidal code yet?

10. SomeGuyDude
    My guess is it's for new subscribers only, so have at it!

11. cyclops214
    Wow, thank you so very much for the code It just gave me A six months Free Tidal Hi-fi Subscription. So cool.

gibby likes this.
  12. raelamb
    Tidal may only have enough cash left to last six months
    Music streaming service Tidal is facing both money and user growth woes, according to Norway's Dagens Næringsliv. After reportedly losing roughly NOK$368 million ($44 million dollars) before taxes in 2016, Tidal is now left with just enough cash to last six months. This despite Sprint buying a 33 percent stake in Jay-Z's streaming service in January. The $200 million deal, which included a reported $75 million fund for exclusive content, should've given Tidal "sufficient working capital for the next 12-18 months," said Jay Z's business partner and Roc Nation Sports president Juan Perez (via DN).

13. SomeGuyDude
    Uh oh.

14. TimeSnow
    Fingers crossed. I'd be bummed if it collapsed.

15. voxie
    Yep, same here. Mixed info on its subscriber base numbers as well though. If and when Spotify and Apple Music enter the HI- Res market their days are numbers.