Thunderbird help -- it keeps crashing!
Jan 8, 2007 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DanG

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm wondering if anybody here can help me with a problem I have with Mozilla Thunderbird. I just installed it last night (v1.5.0.9) and it appears to crash immediately after downloading any message from my college's email server.

I connect through IMAP and security is SSL, if that makes a difference. It does not support secure authentication. I don't have any extensions installed, and emails from this account do not go to the global inbox.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jan 9, 2007 at 7:50 AM Post #2 of 3
damnit, i was hoping all you would have it the title, i was going to try to make a joke about the cars...

does it work with any other services? go get a free account somewher and try that.

i am assuming we are talking about windows xp, right?

also, do you have thunderbird set to scan your messages with an av program?

Jan 10, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the reply, I'm sorry I didn't get back about this sooner...

Anyway, I'm running Windows XP SP2. I also tried the other 2 accounts set up on Thunderbird and it looks like they get screwed up too (1 gmail, 1 other). Both of the others I access by POP. Supposedly the information in the error report was saved in these files:

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\8ef6_appcompat.txt
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\f120_appcompat.txt

But they don't lead to any actual files apparently.

I didn't select any option to scan my emails with my anti-virus program (Sophos 7) but perhaps it does that automatically...

By the way, all the accounts work normally both on the internet and with Outlook. I was hoping to replace my ancient version of Outlook which is why I had downloaded Thunderbird in the first place. But right now it looks like a far inferior alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back