Three-way Review: K501 vs K601 vs K701
May 7, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #46 of 82
looking forward to audition myself an K501...had tested K701 (over and over again) and i still like it...
wink.gif

May 7, 2008 at 12:27 PM Post #47 of 82
The 701's sound cold and analytical to me.

May 17, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #48 of 82
They excuse me by the question
I am on the verge of selling my k501 by the fifth part than they are worth k701 with the read thing here, it seems that I am in a great error, since it waited for great differences changing to k701!!!!
confused.gif

thanks and escuses by my inglish "Babelfish translator"
Fernan

May 17, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #49 of 82
Its all a matter of taste, I don't like the K701, you may love it.

May 17, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #50 of 82
pardon, i use DDDAC1543 mk2 (no spdif) itunes and footbar i flac, amps, Soha V3, Millet Max Hibryd and Bijou (this he is fatigoso and until taking time warming up enough, then it happens to be my favourite)

preferences for blues and melodic music, sinphony rock....
classical also guitar N.Yepes and Paco de Lucia and some B.S.O.
very thanks

May 17, 2008 at 5:31 PM Post #51 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its all a matter of taste, I don't like the K701, you may love it.

I love the K-501
I can be mistaken in waiting for a great improvement of the K701?
to use that money in better HUM components seems to be more coherent and sound diferences

May 17, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #54 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyMe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you looking for a new headphone? What did you like and not like about the K501?

No, no,
I have much taste by my K501
smily_headphones1.gif
K701 seems to be a myth
rolleyes.gif

I am confused, the change is in the hope of an improvement that in this thread seems not to be so real. (in spain the cost is already 400€)
confused.gif

Or if it is remarkable?
confused.gif
confused.gif

now I am listening to " guitars" of M. Oldfiel the guitar seems to come from a distant place " pleasant effect "

May 17, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #55 of 82
The problem is that you could find it better, but you don't have to. Its not that just because its a higher number and the price is higher that its better. As you can see I own the K601, not because it was cheaper, but because I preferred the sound. This could also be the case with you and your K501, but it doesn't have to. Listening to the K701 is the only way to be sure
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #56 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem is that you could find it better, but you don't have to. Its not that just because its a higher number and the price is higher that its better. As you can see I own the K601, not because it was cheaper, but because I preferred the sound. This could also be the case with you and your K501, but it doesn't have to. Listening to the K701 is the only way to be sure
biggrin.gif

yes.... I see that the differences are very precise, not as much as my preference in choosing them before other marks with better end low and better reputation
smily_headphones1.gif

Indeed I must hope and try to listen before a change
redface.gif

My gratefulness from Spain

May 17, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #57 of 82
You are very welcome, and good luck!

May 18, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #58 of 82
Sorry if this offend anyone, just some idea i have been thinking over the past few days.

I had a chance to listen to k701 & 2 x k601 (one from friend, about 300 to 400hrs on it. Second one from local store, sales claimed it has been sitting there for year or 2 for customer to test it out)

The interesting part is that i find my friend's k601 has a different performance than the one sitting in the shop. I can't say which one is better. It maybe be the amp or the song. Another thing i can think of is that generally among all the k601, they will not sound the same.
Why do i come into this conclusion? Simply because i have been working with automotives for 6 years. Customers come in and have a little dyno run on cars, funny enough, same cars with same parts, they perform differently. As much as 5 to 6hps in the result. Of course, there will be so many factors you can argue with, the temp or the oil you are running etc. But i really doubt every item will be exactly the same, as the Quality Control department only follow the guideline, as long as the item falls within the criteria, it will be accepted. Some maybe better than the others.

Another story, 2 of my uncles are wine lovers, much in love to go to auction and spend their yearly wage on 1 bottle of wine. Story was spreading inside crazy winers that few companies from France can't supply enough wine to their customers, so they filled up the more expensive label with the same thing as they put in their cheaper label, cost was $30 and $250 respectively. However, i read some review, people give comment for the $250, 'simply the greatest' and on the other hand $30 bottle ones, 'good wine, not the best'

Lastly, my family is in garment industry, few years ago, we have seeked a PR company to research on some of our competitors' product. Some of the brand name where you can find a handbag for 5 digits number, their product claimed to be 100% cotton or cashmere. The fact that it turns out it isn't true, closest that came to the 100% claim was 92% purity.

Sorry this maybe out of topic, just want to let everyone knows where i get these ideas from and some proof. Also i am not accusing anyone is lying here or whatsoever, believe it or not, is just my personal experience.

To me k701 could sound a little annoying, when i don't have enough sleep. I am a little kink to the k601 myself, a little warmer, but not as much as Sennheiser HD595. Again this is my preference, like my friend who likes his Bose system over my Onkyo setup. To me, this is an Awesome review. Thank you afterall!

May 18, 2008 at 11:41 AM Post #59 of 82
i made a discovery today. my usual setup is computer-little dot-k501

i replaced my comp with an oppo cd player andd
eek.gif

the tightness and dynamics absolutely transformed. its significantly brighter though which isnt such a good thing for the k501.

May 18, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #60 of 82
@ Nothing 101, thats the DAC part, also a very important part of the sound.

@ Flame, definetly. I also read some reviews online about the K601 that made me go like ???, is this the same headphone I am hearing? But it could be that I have strange ears, because I also have yet to discover the piercing highs in my 325i
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back