Three Brand New Earphones: Sony IER-Z1R, IER-M9 and IER-M7
Aug 23, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #1,276 of 1,485
What are some cables that people have found that may address some of the M7’s shortcomings listed previously? I’d like to add a little more top end sparkle without losing bass impact before I consider an upgrade to the M9 or Z1R. Thanks in advance.

Aug 23, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #1,277 of 1,485
What are some cables that people have found that may address some of the M7’s shortcomings listed previously? I’d like to add a little more top end sparkle without losing bass impact before I consider an upgrade to the M9 or Z1R. Thanks in advance.
If you decide to upgrade, I’d recommend 1R over M9. Its sound signature will be close what you like more. Unless you want something really balance out.

Aug 23, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #1,278 of 1,485
Try using all the different tips on the M7 that it comes with. A different seal can help

Aug 23, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #1,279 of 1,485
If you decide to upgrade, I’d recommend 1R over M9. Its sound signature will be close what you like more. Unless you want something really balance out.

I’ve been leaning that way but I have not been able to see if they fit me well enough. I have the 64 Audio Nio’s on order and if they don’t work out, my search will turn towards the Z1R. I think it may be some impatience on my part due to waiting over 2 months for the Nio. Thanks for the input.

Aug 23, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #1,280 of 1,485
Try using all the different tips on the M7 that it comes with. A different seal can help

I’ve tried Azla Sedna lites, spinfits, final e, dekoni mercury, and finally settled on spiral dots. I did just get some xelastics but have not tested them yet. They are challenging in this respect because they are so tip type, size, and fit dependent. The sound signature changes for me also on how congested I am due to allergies and what my inner ear pressure is. I found a wider bore helps with minimizing some of these effects.

Aug 24, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #1,282 of 1,485
evenbetter.jpg

Get Z1R cable and Final Audio E-series tips (or JVC spiral dots) and you will power-up your M7. I provided my impressions few pages back in this or Z1R thread.

Regards

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #1,283 of 1,485
evenbetter.jpg

Get Z1R cable and Final Audio E-series tips (or JVC spiral dots) and you will power-up your M7. I provided my impressions few pages back in this or Z1R thread.

Regards
U am about to get some AZLA xelastics which have a wide bore

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #1,286 of 1,485
Speedy delivery from japan post, even faster than royal air mail lol (2x SACD, collected/posted on the 20th, not come yet)

Congrats but i dont like xelastec on my M7, they have great seal but soundwise, they absorbs the sparkles more, while make everything more distant especially mids, provide a little depth more. They absorbed highs more than spiral dot++. Xelastec pair well for sibilance IEMs, bright highs. I still prefer the azla sedna short for M7 or the Z1R silicone eartips come close second (with a pinch hole if needed to tackle vacuum effect)

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #1,288 of 1,485
Oh and they need to be clean up after using lol, its your good earwax cleaner tool

Aug 25, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #1,290 of 1,485
Congrats but i dont like xelastec on my M7, they have great seal but soundwise, they absorbs the sparkles more, while make everything more distant especially mids, provide a little depth more. They absorbed highs more than spiral dot++. Xelastec pair well for sibilance IEMs, bright highs. I still prefer the azla sedna short for M7 or the Z1R silicone eartips come close second (with a pinch hole if needed to tackle vacuum effect)

I tried Final Audio tips on the advice here. They're brilliant! Firmer bass, extra sparkle without any change in the tonal character. Brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back