Three Brand New Earphones: Sony IER-Z1R, IER-M9 and IER-M7
Aug 9, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #31 of 1,485
wow is this supposed to blow the EX1000 out of the water =P
It is hard to blow a near perfect iem like the EX1000 out of the water. But hey, at a multiple of the EX1000 price....... The Zirkonium will not help at all.

Aug 9, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #32 of 1,485
Interested in seeing how the M9 will stack up with the current penta-BA king (Andromeda), especially since they're around the same price range

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #33 of 1,485
I never got into high-end in-ears yet due to them itching my inner ear. Hopefully, these are a little more comfortable compared to those throwaway ones I'm used too.
I remained strictly a full size HP guy too for this same reason. Sometimes my inner ear would start itching as soon as I put the IEM on and it was super annoying. I thought maybe I should go with a custom IEM, so I started this thread to get help on searching for my first custom IEM (and first DAP) because I was clueless about the IEM world. After getting familiar with the custom brands available, but as I was trying more and more IEMs and CIEM (universals), I realized that some of these were so comfortable and did not cause my ears to itch that maybe I don't need to get a full on custom after all.

So I recommend you try doing two things: One, try a double flange tip (or just try other tips). The moment I changed to other tips, the sound changed but so did the comfort and itch level. Second, some of the most comfortable IEMs that I tried were the universal models of the custom IEMs. Somehow they are much more comfortable than many of the regular IEMs.

Good luck

BTW, I am about to go to the Hong Kong Audio show in a couple of hours and hopefully get a chance to check out all of these new Sony products but I have a feeling it will be super busy at their booth.

Aug 9, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #34 of 1,485
Aug 9, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #40 of 1,485
I can imagine the Z1R will be better in SQ than the XBA-Z5, who knows, let's wait for some reviews . currently I own the Z5 and like how they perform balanced, smooth yet musical

Users who are viewing this thread

Back