Three Brand New Earphones: Sony IER-Z1R, IER-M9 and IER-M7
Aug 12, 2018 at 1:55 AM Post #77 of 1,485
Z1R is way better than both Z5 and Z7, I am loving the sound stage of my current andromeda, but the Z1R can even do more than some open can, and it can even dig out more fine details you never heard before in the same song :)
And here comes a problem which we will face endlessly from now on, is the Z1R in your post the over ear top model or the new top IEM not yet released?

Aug 12, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #78 of 1,485
And here comes a problem which we will face endlessly from now on, is the Z1R in your post the over ear top model or the new top IEM not yet released?
Here is IEM thread for the new sony IER series, so I am talking the new Sony flagship in ear monitor IER-Z1R, which is set to release in Nov in Hong Kong :wink:

And yes, both $ony flagship IEM and Overhead named Z1R maybe messy :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #79 of 1,485
Here is IEM thread for the new sony IER series, so I am talking the new Sony flagship in ear monitor IER-Z1R, which is set to release in Nov in Hong Kong :wink:

And yes, both $ony flagship IEM and Overhead named Z1R maybe messy :beyersmile:
And to mess it even more you mentioned the Z7, lol..:beerchug::beerchug:

Aug 12, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #80 of 1,485
And to mess it even more you mentioned the Z7, lol..:beerchug::beerchug:

For reply to gerelmx1986’s question, he also owns both of the previous Zs :beerchug:

I am very impressed to this new IEM Z1R after my brief tryout, way more impressed than I tryout his bigger overhead brother in last year :)

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #81 of 1,485
I tried the IEM-Z1R at the show driven by my 1Z. First impressions indicate some bass emphasis with an extended high frequency response. Very enjoyable to listen to but maybe a bit heavy on the bass on the 1Z.

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #82 of 1,485
I tried the IEM-Z1R at the show driven by my 1Z. First impressions indicate some bass emphasis with an extended high frequency response. Very enjoyable to listen to but maybe a bit heavy on the bass on the 1Z.

I concur with your statements! I've never been a bass head and coming from the etymotics, the z1r definitely sounded bassier than what im used to, but i think its a good bass response that many will like. there was also good extension into the treble region

Aug 12, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #84 of 1,485
I think the demo ear buds are not yet run in to give their best on the show floor, its quite common for dynamic drive sounds bassy at initial stage, the sound may tame and smooth after a period of usage time, so I think real judgement should be done after they have real mass product for tryout at store fronts.

Aug 12, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #85 of 1,485
Z1R is way better than both Z5 and Z7, I am loving the sound stage of my current andromeda, but the Z1R can even do more than some open can, and it can even dig out more fine details you never heard before in the same song :)

How does the IER-Z1R sit in your ears? Does it seem like it would have better natural external noise isolation than the Z5? Are the IER-Z1R IEMs heavy? ...like as heavy as.......?

Also as you remember the Z5 stock cables, are the IER-Z5 cables more ergonomic?

So your saying the soundstage is big........but I’m curious is the sound also more forward and closer than the Z5, simply due to dynamics and spatial response?

Thank-you in advance.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #86 of 1,485
A00514AA-995E-4477-8F62-09DF6B4EA938.png

No MMCX terminology? Though it is there.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #89 of 1,485
Are the MMCX more sturdier than those of the XBA-Z5?

Some manufacturers like CA are getting better results making the MMCX out of other metals. I have not had any issues with Z5 but I’ve only connected them 3 times and baby them.

Aug 12, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #90 of 1,485
There's no indication of not having an MMCX connection at the earphone end. So, why not just believe it's there :)

I don’t have to believe, as there is a picture of the MMCX in a post just prior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back