Three Brand New Earphones: Sony IER-Z1R, IER-M9 and IER-M7
Aug 11, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #66 of 1,485
https://www.facebook.com/1390495027685500/posts/1754658331269166/

I personally tried them on 1st public session in HK AVSHOW, all 3 IER are quite impressive, M7 and M9 needed change to better cable for bring out more potential, while Z1R is much more power hungry, but feed him enough power you can get something even better than a open can even with the stock cable, really impressive. My page had some pictures about them and the show, with breif english comments in my photo captions.

Aug 11, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #67 of 1,485
https://www.facebook.com/1390495027685500/posts/1754658331269166/

I personally tried them on 1st public session in HK AVSHOW, all 3 IER are quite impressive, M7 and M9 needed change to better cable for bring out more potential, while Z1R is much more power hungry, but feed him enough power you can get something even better than a open can even with the stock cable, really impressive. My page had some pictures about them and the show, with breif english comments in my photo captions.

Thanks for the post. How do you feel about the bass on the M9/M7? One reason I like the hybrid A3/Z5 is you get more air movement from a dynamic driver which gives you more impact than what you typically get from a pure BA set. I like is the Z5 as the vocal is pretty warm for a BA set which works well as I listen to a lot of female vocal. how's the mid on the M9/M7?

Aug 11, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #68 of 1,485
Thanks for the post. How do you feel about the bass on the M9/M7? One reason I like the hybrid A3/Z5 is you get more air movement from a dynamic driver which gives you more impact than what you typically get from a pure BA set. I like is the Z5 as the vocal is pretty warm for a BA set which works well as I listen to a lot of female vocal. how's the mid on the M9/M7?

Bass on them are quite good for BA type drivers, with enough impacts and quick response, but not as punchy and elastic as a dynamic driver, there are physical limits :) Mids and highs are well rendered, much more open and engaging than Z5 but still warm enough, also not spikey that you can enjoy your music all day. I also listen to a lot of female vocal, I think you may like them :wink:

Aug 11, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #69 of 1,485
Bass on them are quite good for BA type drivers, with enough impacts and quick response, but not as punchy and elastic as a dynamic driver, there are physical limits :) Mids and highs are well rendered, much more open and engaging than Z5 but still warm enough, also not spikey that you can enjoy your music all day. I also listen to a lot of female vocal, I think you may like them :wink:
And how does the Z1R compares against the XBA-Z5? way better?

Aug 11, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #70 of 1,485
because i am thinking of buying a 2nd pair of XBA-Z5 and a Z1R if they are waaay better than the Z5 then i just get the Z1R and use my current Z5 as on the go IEM and the Z1R exclusively for home use.

I listen to classical music and often find the Z5 stage is a bit smaller than that of the MDR-Z7

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #71 of 1,485
because i am thinking of buying a 2nd pair of XBA-Z5 and a Z1R if they are waaay better than the Z5 then i just get the Z1R and use my current Z5 as on the go IEM and the Z1R exclusively for home use.

I listen to classical music and often find the Z5 stage is a bit smaller than that of the MDR-Z7

So you've figured out which bank to rob? Can I come join you :p

Aug 11, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #72 of 1,485

Thanks, guess I'll have to figure out for myself when I visit Japan at the end of the year. Still leaning towards the Z1R but maybe the M7/9 will surprise me.

Aug 11, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #74 of 1,485
When are these getting released in USA? November this year?

Probably never. You won't even find the current generation of XBA on Sony USA site. Everything you can find in the US are from 3rd party vendors. I expect the same with the new gen IERs. All my XBAs and accessories are bought when I was in Japan or shipped from outside the US by 3rd party vendors.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #75 of 1,485

Z1R is way better than both Z5 and Z7, I am loving the sound stage of my current andromeda, but the Z1R can even do more than some open can, and it can even dig out more fine details you never heard before in the same song :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back