Thread Killer
Aug 18, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #31 of 210
Extra 1: The "threads" species have finally figured out we human forum lurkers have a rather significant saying in their survival or extermination. Threads have started massive and aggressive counter measures to guarantee their survival. It has been reported that clandestine thread survival kits are being distributed among their youngsters in absolutely all thread public schools. Thread radio and tv stations are disseminating strategies of survival among them all, and resucitation teams have been deployed to all thread hospitals and cemeteries.

Extra 2: The "server" species have finally figured out that their vacation/idle time is significantly inversely proportional to thread survival rate. So a Server vs. Thread apocalyptic war of cosmic scope is right now in the making.

Extra 3: Humans have reportedly not yet determined accurately whether posting anything sufficiently geeky in a thread has any impact on that thread's survival. Studies on the subject are in progress.

Aug 18, 2004 at 8:55 PM Post #32 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra
Extra 1: The "threads" species have finally figured out we human forum lurkers have a rather significant saying in their survival or extermination. Threads have started massive and aggressive counter measures to guarantee their survival. It has been reported that clandestine thread survival kits are being distributed among their youngsters in absolutely all thread public schools. Thread radio and tv stations are disseminating strategies of survival among them all, and resucitation teams have been deployed to all thread hospitals and cemeteries.

Extra 2: The "server" species have finally figured out that their vacation/idle time is significantly inversely proportional to thread survival rate. So a Server vs. Thread apocalyptic war of cosmic scope is right now in the making.

Extra 3: Humans have reportedly not yet determined accurately whether posting anything sufficiently geeky in a thread has any impact on that thread's survival. Studies on the subject are in progress.

Nice try.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Aug 18, 2004 at 9:14 PM Post #33 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra

I don't think this can be true.

But let's agree to disagree.

Aug 18, 2004 at 9:41 PM Post #35 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by ampgalore
I can commit all you guys to a psyciatric ward if this thread is not stopped NOW.
biggrin.gif

Actually my Dad used to be a Psychiatrist and he COULD have done this for you (well if you were based in the UK anyway). I dont have a high kill thread ratio but I do have a high "my posts get ignored" ratio.

Its cos I'm British isnt it
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2004 at 10:13 PM Post #36 of 210
Do you know what's even worse...starting a thread that no one replies to!

Aug 18, 2004 at 10:19 PM Post #37 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by OneMalt
Do you know what's even worse...starting a thread that no one replies to!

Thats bad when you kill your thread.

Aug 18, 2004 at 10:28 PM Post #39 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77
. . . I dont have a high kill thread ratio but I do have a high "my posts get ignored" ratio.

Its cos I'm British isnt it
biggrin.gif

Right! It's the accent. Does it every time.
biggrin.gif

All this time I thought I was just late to the party. Now I know I'm actually numbered among the dreaded thread killers.

Does this count as paranoia or as grandiosity?
confused.gif

BW

Aug 19, 2004 at 12:04 AM Post #45 of 210
At least 90% of my posts are ignored. I sucessfully kill a good portion of threads I post in. So I know either this thread will die or someone will completely ignore this post
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back