Thrash-ish Recommendations
May 30, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #16 of 29
This Skeletonwitch album is more along the lines of what I'm looking for. Not crazy about his style of scream, but the music is exactly what I was looking for. I'll give Sleepytime Gorilla Museum a shot.

May 30, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #17 of 29
I'm actually really liking Sleepytime Gorilla Museum. Just weird enough for me. Great suggestion!

May 30, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #18 of 29

Quote:
This Skeletonwitch album is more along the lines of what I'm looking for. Not crazy about his style of scream, but the music is exactly what I was looking for. I'll give Sleepytime Gorilla Museum a shot.

Which Skeletonwitch album?

May 30, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #19 of 29
Beyond the Permafrost

May 30, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #20 of 29
May 30, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #21 of 29

Quote:
I'm actually really liking Sleepytime Gorilla Museum. Just weird enough for me. Great suggestion!

You clearly have good taste and an open mind.  Glad I mentioned them, they were special band. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 10, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #22 of 29
Thrash has never really gone away. It seems that every once in a while it starts to become cool again. I wanted to make a small list of Thrash I play a lot.

Megadeth…..So Far So Good So What    {look for the original un-remastered} Dave re-recorded it and changed stuff. I like the original.

Megadeth…..Rust In Peace   {look for the original un-remastered} Dave re-recorded it and changed stuff. I like the original.

Slayer…..Seasons In The Abyss   {The remaster is great}

Onslaught…..The Force

Onslaught…..Live Damnation    { this came out in 09 and may be them at their best}

Testament…..Low

Testament …..First Strike Still Deadly     {greatest hits package with re-recording done}

This is the small play list I seem to be playing over and over again.

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #24 of 29
Jan 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #25 of 29

Quote:
So did I. In fact I was seriously into Prog Metal yet hated Opeth. Eventually I downloaded Still Life to give 'em another shot. Had a free period during school, sat down and gave the album a listen, and have loved Opeth ever since.

My brother is a huge Opeth fan and I have really grown to hate them. As of late though he has been urging me to give Still Life another chance. I've been listening to it lately and while it has its merits I still can't get some of the bad taste out of my mouth. I find Opeth to be really pretentious. I can take pretentious... Arcturus, Dawn, Emperor... but Opeth's pretentiousness is so overt.

Aug 13, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #27 of 29
Topic unearthed! :D
There is a nice band inTexas called POWER TRIP - and I trully recommend their debut album, Manifest Decimation (if you don't know so far). If you like crossover thrash, with inclinations of Cro-Mags (for example), sounding kinda 80's/90's, you really should check this one - this band is a killer! And this autumn they're going to release their second album, and I just can't wait to hear it. Here is a sample:

Apr 7, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #28 of 29
Hexen - State of Insurgency (2008)

Maybe this band is polished enough for you, as well as being still equally thrashy and melodic.

a2521956525_10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back