Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just to get you to think about stuff)
Apr 16, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #4,141 of 6,500

Actually, you're right.  I just double checked and I misspoke, it was the OPA627.  I was typing from memory.  
redface.gif

I'm modding the 600.  Here's the thread I'm using for reference on the mod.  I've read through the whole thing twice, checked all the photos, and now I'm trying to put together all the parts...which I'll probably have to source from 3-4 different places.  DIY is a crazy journey...

Hehe it's going to be interesting with 3 new Theta owners conversing over the differences between DACs. All I can say is don't get too excited!!!
smily_headphones1.gif

I keep my comments limited for now out of fear of overhyping an amazing product. hehe

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #4,143 of 6,500
So Yggy will be available less than a week from now... So says Mike on the other thread.

If that is accurate and not simply Mike messing with people's heads, can you tell me which of us nominated April 20 as the release date ? Was it:

Alfred E Neumann
Justin Bieber
estreeter alias The All-Seeing and Most Benevolent of All Seers in the Land of Smiles and Beautiful Women 

??

It's true, folks - I rock. Hard. And often. 

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #4,144 of 6,500
Apr 16, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #4,145 of 6,500

If that is accurate and not simply Mike messing with people's heads, can you tell me which of us nominated April 20 as the release date ? Was it:

Alfred E Neumann
Justin Bieber
estreeter alias The All-Seeing and Most Benevolent of All Seers in the Land of Smiles and Beautiful Women

??

It's true, folks - I rock. Hard. And often.

I'll praise you once you correctly predict the ship date(s) for people who order on the first day orders open.

I care when I get Yggy, not when I order.

I myself have no idea.

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #4,146 of 6,500
  I'll praise you once you correctly predict the ship date(s) for people who order on the first day orders open.

I myself have no idea.

I wondering which will ship first:  the next next LH Labs product, the Yggy or the Cavalli Liquid Carbon.  
popcorn.gif

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #4,147 of 6,500
I'd guess the Liquid Carbon since they actually put it up for order.  

The wait for the Yggdrasil is killing me...

Apr 16, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #4,148 of 6,500
  I'd guess the Liquid Carbon since they actually put it up for order.  

The wait for the Yggdrasil is killing me...

The estimate on the LC is 4 months from now.

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #4,149 of 6,500

I wondering which will ship first:  the next next LH Labs product, the Yggy or the Cavalli Liquid Carbon.  
popcorn.gif

lol no comment on the LH labs products

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #4,150 of 6,500

I myself have no idea.

4-6 weeks after you order, same as Rag - what's the problem here ? If they can build something this complex on a production line, I'm guessing humans can learn to assemble more than one Yggy a day. 

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #4,152 of 6,500
  4-6 weeks after you order, same as Rag - what's the problem here ? If they can build something this complex on a production line, I'm guessing humans can learn to assemble more than one Yggy a day.

I got a Rag less than two weeks after ordering, so things can go fast.  On the other hand, the second batch of Rags still seems not to have gone out the door.  Not a complaint, just the observation that there is a good amount of uncertainty here.

Apr 16, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #4,153 of 6,500
  I got a Rag less than two weeks after ordering, so things can go fast.  On the other hand, the second batch of Rags still seems not to have gone out the door.  Not a complaint, just the observation that there is a good amount of uncertainty here.

It seems like parts suppliers are having issues meeting demands. I read that Wyred 4 Sound is experiencing delays while waiting for parts suppliers. It's possible Schiit was (is) too.

Apr 16, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #4,154 of 6,500
My Gungnir draws 20W power per hour it's on. That's 480W per day if left on 24/7. At 10 cents per Kilowatt from Met Ed here in Reading, PA, leaving my G on costs me 5 CENTS A DAY or $1.50 per month.

To balance this cost and the ecological catastrophe I create daily with my Gungnir, I park ONE spot farther away at work!!!!!!!

I'll gladly pay 5 CENTS a day to possibily have 1 iota of better sonic goodness each time I go to listen. But more importantly, never turning it off saves me the caloric energy expenditure required to reach BEHIND my Gungnir to switch it on!!!!

It's actually 480 Watt * hours per day.
Watt*hours and kW Hrs are actually units of energy.
The elctric companies actually bill you for enrgy used, not power.

Other than that, I have nothing intelligent to add to this thread!
:xf_eek:

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #4,155 of 6,500
Well poo.  My Theta DS Pro Basic II (balanced) came just now.  Plugged into the coax from the U12 that was working fine wiht the Adcoma and it won't give me a signal lock light.  When I try the same music from the coax out of my X5, it works fine.  Anyone have any suggestions on getting it working with the U12?  I made sure to use 16/44 to test and I know the cable and the U12 coax work otherwise.  I also tried both coax ports on the Theta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back