Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just to get you to think about stuff)
Apr 9, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #3,841 of 6,500
I cant imagine how and why changing from one adequate pc power supply to another would have any effect on the sound. There is a benefit from removing all the cheap switching power supplies that often come with external hard drives, laptops, or tiny psus like the PICO power supply since they tend to dump garbage back into the line. But the idea that more power when a pc already has enough of it to begin with would somehow change the sound quality is as mysterious to me as $1000 power cords.

Apr 9, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #3,843 of 6,500
How does PCM63P-K2 ( input capability ) as compared to 1704 and 1534 ?
Also SQ wise..

Thanks

I'll be able to tell you in a few weeks.  Until then, I've read that the 1704 is the worst R2R Burr Brown, so presumably the PCM63 is better.

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #3,846 of 6,500
1200 watts is a ton. That's for like a high end gaming machine with multiple graphics cards.

Well in my situation I'm running 4790K with SLI GTX980 (just two) and a few hard drivers and SSDs, so I suppose I can justify it. Still 350w seems on the low side for a desktop unlocked i7 rig that was spoken about above.

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #3,847 of 6,500
OMG, this discussion is just so out of place in this thread.  I don't want to come across as a dick, but there have to be more appropriate places on this forum for a discussion on your computer specs and and superstitions...

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #3,848 of 6,500
Agreed... can we get back to talking about dacs now? 

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #3,849 of 6,500
  Agreed... can we get back to talking about dacs now? 

All dacs are the same.

No, wait, the ODAC is the best and everything else is either human madness or imperfect reproduction. 

Etc :wink:

On topic: I'm itching to get my hands on a Yggy. Will test against (hopefully) the Lampi DSD and AMR 777SE.

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #3,850 of 6,500
I hope to have my Adcom by Monday and I may be getting my hands on a A-GD DAC-19 as well.  Two R2R DAC's to give me a taste of the flavor.  

Also, since I built my own Project Solstice, I'm feeling confident in my ability to mod the Adcom.  I've read that upgrading some caps here and there can make a huge difference.

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #3,851 of 6,500
  I hope to have my Adcom by Monday and I may be getting my hands on a A-GD DAC-19 as well.  Two R2R DAC's to give me a taste of the flavor.  

Also, since I built my own Project Solstice, I'm feeling confident in my ability to mod the Adcom.  I've read that upgrading some caps here and there can make a huge difference.

Stillhart,

Which Adcom did you order
I was closely looking at the 700,but decided on the Parasound ZDAC,at the last minute-Price.

Got it new,with warranty,..$299-,with overnight delivery included,should be here,within a few hours

It will, hold me over, till the Yiggy comes in.

Good Luck with your new gear,use it in good health,
Mike

Apr 9, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #3,852 of 6,500
  Stillhart,

Which Adcom did you order
I was closely looking at the 700,but decided on the Parasound ZDAC,at the last minute

Got it new,with warranty,..$299-,with overnight delivery included,should be here,within a few hours

It will hold be over till the Yiggy comes in

Good Luck with your new gear,use it in good health,
Mike

I got the GDA-600.  I would have preferred the 700 but I couldn't pass up the price.  

Apr 9, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #3,853 of 6,500

I got the GDA-600.  I would have preferred the 700 but I couldn't pass up the price.  

I told you --that price was a gift
I would have ordered 2

Just got the ZDAC...5 minutes ago

Similar, to my Yulong DA-8

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #3,854 of 6,500
  I told you --that price was a gift
I would have ordered 2

Just got the ZDAC...5 minutes ago

Similar, to my Yulong DA-8

So why did you pick up the ZDAC? I must have missed the reasoning behind it.

Are you attending the NY meet?

Apr 9, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #3,855 of 6,500

So why did you pick up the ZDAC? I must have missed the reasoning behind it.

Are you attending the NY meet?

I originally tried to get a Theta,but ,the optical connection on the rear panel,was some sort of connection from 1995.??,made by AT&T..so,I never bid on it.
Must have gone through 20 messages with the seller,plus..it would have barely fit on my desktop,and I would have to have stacked it up,with my KGST amp

The Adcom was also very big..17ins wide,very tight fit,and would have had to be stacked.

So,I grabbed the Zdac,new inbox,warranty,Fedex shipping-$299-
I'll use this,until the Yiggy comes in......

Not sure yet about the meet-if I do go,and you live ,anywhere near JFK,or,Manhattan..I'll give you a lift-OK?
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back