1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just to get you to think about stuff)

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by purrin, Dec 5, 2013.
First

Back
238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247
249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258
Next

Last
  1. shadow84

Well, i would b pairing it with console and pc, so i need optical and usb.

I can get modi 2 uber at s$250 which is ard us$178.

Jus wondering, if paired with console via optical, would it degrade the sound if i used 2.0 or 2.1 speakers?

2. pldelisle
    At least, since all Schiit stuff is made in USA, you don't have to pay duty taxes when importing to Canada. You only have to pay PST + GST.

3. XERO1

LOL!!!  [​IMG]

4. Stillhart

None of the DAC's mentioned support more than 2 channels so there won't be any degradation in sound.  The only decent sounding option that will give you surround (short of the $3k Smyth Realiser) is the Creative X7.  You might want to check out MLE's Thread for more info about gaming setups.

5. wahsmoh

I think you may be right about the Linn Numerik. I was reading the Stereophile review from a long time ago and the descriptive language sounds like it's full of fluff. Talking about how it sounds very laid back and has such a smooth treble response, yet at the same time doesn't offer the upper mids or bass that the other DACs compared (DS Pro Basic II)

6. SoupRKnowva

I borrowed a Gungnir to try out the schiit DAC sound and fell in love. So I ordered a Bifrost Uber since it would match my Valhalla 2. Got it in and it just didn't have the same magic as the Gungnir and I'm using it single ended. The impact and intensity that I loved so much about the Gungnir was gone. So I sent the Bifrost back and got my own Gungnir. So yes, to me the Gungnir is definitely worth the price increase over the Bifrost uber.

jexby and wmedrz like this.
  7. pldelisle
    Thanks a lot for your input ! Will definitivéy go with the Gungnir... If I can stop freaking with the bill xD

8. Sonic Defender Contributor

The Gungnir is a great DAC. If you lived in Ottawa I would say come over and have a listen. Very musical DAC and upgradeable to boot.

9. mikek200
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Head-fi-congratulations,you made the right choice.
    When I bought my Stax rig..,I went through about $8K,in one weekend-ouch!!,best investment I ever made.

10. paradoxper
    Should have just bought a T2, Mike. [​IMG] Yggy will treat you well.

11. mikek200
    Maybe that will be next..
    Rumor has it,the Yggy,might???? be listed this week,
    Say some prayers-OK?

12. paradoxper
    You can grab a Megatron that may be up for sale fairy soon. 

This week? No, they haven't even put the Yggdrasil through its mandatory 30 days on cycle.

13. mikek200
    Are you sure??
    What's a Megatron??

14. Schopenhauer
    I'd go with the Galvatron instead. It's way stronger and totally insane. 

AustinValentine and Stillhart like this.
  15. wink
    Quote:haywood
    FTFY.  [​IMG]

Schiit design mandates the switch goes on the back. enough said.....  [​IMG]    [​IMG]

First

Back
238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247
249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258
Next

Last