Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just to get you to think about stuff)
Mar 4, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #2,777 of 6,500
New it shoud be around 6500$ I guess. The entry level totaldac is the Single D1.

Mar 4, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #2,778 of 6,500
Funny, just realized Totaldac headquarters are actually only an hour away from my place. Another reason to come and visit guys ...

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #2,779 of 6,500
Frenchbat, first it's great to read you again on this forum! Would live to stop by you guys place (all the more if we could pay vincent briant a visit :) ). As it stands though earliest bet would be summer 2016 (won't be able to drive there this summer) :frowning2:((.
I cannot imagine nobody will go for the iggy locally, especially if it is that good so this comparison to the D1 will eventually occur...
Arnaud

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #2,782 of 6,500
USB gen 3

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #2,784 of 6,500
  Funny, just realized Totaldac headquarters are actually only an hour away from my place. Another reason to come and visit guys ...

I payed Vincent a visit when I grabbed his Total USB cable. Alas, he had no DAC ready in house and his speakers were dismounted 
redface.gif
 (Xmas time).

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #2,785 of 6,500
14.5 bits or no, I'd be happy to take any of the totaldac lineup for a spin. Less enthused about the Phasure nos1a given some of PeterSt's increasingly eccentric rants over at CA - I guess some people get a thrill out of working with a mad genius but I'd prefer to see more of the genius and a little less of the mad  :wink:

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #2,786 of 6,500
Frenchbat, first it's great to read you again on this forum! Would live to stop by you guys place (all the more if we could pay vincent briant a visit
smily_headphones1.gif
). As it stands though earliest bet would be summer 2016 (won't be able to drive there this summer)
frown.gif
((.
I cannot imagine nobody will go for the iggy locally, especially if it is that good so this comparison to the D1 will eventually occur...
Arnaud

Summer '16 sounds good anyway. We're planning a trip to Tokyo next year too actually. 

I'm totally expecting someone to get anYggy in the meantime, but we'll do as usual, forget about gear and have fun.

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #2,787 of 6,500
 I payed Vincent a visit when I grabbed his Total USB cable. Alas, he had no DAC ready in house and his speakers were dismounted 
redface.gif
 (Xmas time).

Given that he only started his company, I guess he's careful with his stock.

Next time, give me a heads up. Assuming there's another time :)

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #2,788 of 6,500
  Given that he only started his company, I guess he's careful with his stock.

Next time, give me a heads up. Assuming there's another time :)

Next time will most likely be next Xmas... But I keep that in mind! Je suis de Rennes.

Demand is high enough, apparently! Also, surprisingly, the bigger DACs seem to sell just as well as the D1 single. He just departed from one of the big DACs before I came...

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #2,789 of 6,500
  Next time will most likely be next Xmas... But I keep that in mind! Je suis de Rennes.

Demand is high enough, apparently! Also, surprisingly, the bigger DACs seem to sell just as well as the D1 single. He just departed from one of the big DACs before I came...

Xmas family meeting, I see. Well then there will likely be a next time then. Xmas is my busiest work period (seasonality of my business), but we can try something out. I'm on the coastline (Saint Malo)

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #2,790 of 6,500

That's the 14.5 bit DAC right? :)

Savagery.

LOL !

@purrin : Don't get me wrong I don't claim anything myself. I just know people who heard all Hi end DAC including DCS or MSB best offers and who 've choosen the TotalDAC D1 Dual as their end-game dac. that's alL . No need to kid me with 0,5 bits :wink: . we're not teens right ? we are not here to compete with the lenght our bits ( private joke for french speakers included  "concours de bit(e)s = di.k contest ) .

Would you kind enough to give us explanations or sources for this 14 bits affairs.  I read you a few posts before but didn't take time for further reading.  thks

A few more impressions after two more houres of listening yesterday evening : the DAC seems to put the hand on my Stax system and squeeze it like a citrus to extract the music. I feel more like I've bought a new big amp than a new dac. 

The SR404 before totaldac :

After totaldac :

Users who are viewing this thread

Back