Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Aug 27, 2006 at 3:52 PM Post #256 of 3,962
kaushama, Great Dane posted that note here first. Scroll back up this page. Exciting news though... that things are satrting to move again at Xin's.

Aug 27, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #257 of 3,962
Ah! I didn't see it. So GreatDane have you got it? GOTO is there anything new with regards to tweaking?
I hate listening to my new HD580 through unamped Audigy!! Yuck!! I may get a LDM+ or Xenos REP before I get XIN wonder. Can't live without an amp!!!!

Aug 27, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #258 of 3,962
kaushama,

Xin sent that email to me this past Wed.I haven't received the amp yet, I'm hoping that the amp will arrive Mon. or Tue.

I hadn't visited Xins forum for a while and I didn't see any recent comments about shipping dates etc. so I thought my news might bring a bit of relief to some people.

Aug 27, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #259 of 3,962
I ordered my Supermacro IV two Fridays ago and no word. Sent Xin a note via his forum requesting an approx ship date and as of now, still no word. Hopefully I'll get this sometime before Christmas???? I realize I'm in for a long wait, but I thought I'd at least get a confirmation altho I did get an official ID number so I guess that's something

Aug 27, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #260 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1
I ordered my Supermacro IV two Fridays ago and no word... Hopefully I'll get this sometime before Christmas????

Perhaps Xin will put a nice bow on the amp for effect
blink.gif

[size=large]LOL[/size]
xmas.jpg

...well I hope you don't have to wait 2 months.

Aug 27, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #261 of 3,962
Quote:

I ordered my Supermacro IV two Fridays ago and no word. Sent Xin a note via his forum requesting an approx ship date and as of now, still no word. Hopefully I'll get this sometime before Christmas???? I realize I'm in for a long wait, but I thought I'd at least get a confirmation altho I did get an official ID number so I guess that's something

2 weeks? I bet that no one who has ordered a Xin amp has every taken just 2 weeks.

Both my Xin amps took about 5 weeks to arrive. Still waiting for the dust to settle before I send my SMIV back for the updates...

But fear not: Xin WILL get you your amp.

Aug 28, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #262 of 3,962
After years of being away from this forum, enjoying my Melos SHA/GOLd reference, the Melos died on me.
I needed portability, so ordered the Supermacro IV, and joined the wait.
I order mine on AUGUST 13, so I guess I'm in for long wait...
I paid with PayPal, so I didn't even get any confirmation or ID number.

I better find another solution meanwhile...

BTW, does anyone know where I can repair my Melos, since Melos Restoration is out of business?

Aug 28, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #263 of 3,962
Quote:

I ordered my Supermacro IV two Fridays ago and no word... I thought I'd at least get a confirmation altho I did get an official ID number so I guess that's something

You got an ID num. That is both "word" and "confirmation".

Evidently, delivery estimates are not Xin's strong suit, so any reply on that point sooner than a couple days in advance of shipment would have been equivalent to noise. All evidence indicates that his customers are happy or not, depending almost entirely on their personal ability to not have expectations about delivery dates. Anybody who wants to place and order then have the UPS guy deliver it in a timely fashion is in for a rough time. Those customers who stick with him report unreasonably-excellent service in terms of free upgrades, etc., but not in terms of timely response.

For me, personally, it is an exercise in patience. My circumstances permit that, and my wife tells me I could use a lesson or two. So, for me it's OK. However, I have wondered if the fawning glee among some of his fans whenever he says anything on his own forum (even if there is no real information in his messages) might be evidence of something akin to Stockholm Syndrome :wink:

Aug 28, 2006 at 11:39 AM Post #264 of 3,962
Russdog: Ok thanks for enlightening me. I'm in retail, so my patience factor has grown immensely while awaiting customers to make final decisions. Good to know that number is both acceptnace and confirmation Will just wait the weeks like everyone else and be quiet about it.

Aug 28, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #265 of 3,962
Just to stir this pot a bit more. While I have a SuperMicro on order (7/29) the impatience got to me. On Thursday, August 24th I broke down and called Ray Samuels. This morning, May 28th my new Hornet arrived. Except for the weekend, it probably would have been here even sooner!

No I'm not cancelling my Xin order, I'll try them both and perhaps sell the one that finishes in second place. Perhaps not.

Aug 28, 2006 at 5:00 PM Post #266 of 3,962
Just remember the Hornet needs 300 hours to settle in.

Aug 28, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #267 of 3,962
take this with a grain of salt...but someone over in xin's forum said that his upgraded mini just shipped. so looks like xin may be done with tinkering after all, and amps should start shipping quite soon.
wink.gif

Aug 28, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #268 of 3,962
I got an email today saying that something shipped to me from Xin.

This should be a second generation SM-IV board that's being upgraded to the latest and greatest.

As always, I await the package... and know I'll have a smile on my face at the end of that day. Auditioning/comparing his amps is always great fun!

Aug 28, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #269 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by alanz
I got an email today saying that something shipped to me from Xin.

This should be a second generation SM-IV board that's being upgraded to the latest and greatest.

As always, I await the package... and know I'll have a smile on my face at the end of that day. Auditioning/comparing his amps is always great fun!

yeah, looks like all the upgrades are being taken care of first...and then the new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back