Thom Yorke "solo" album
May 16, 2006 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jefemeister

Headphoneus Supremus
Can't believe no one has mentioned this yet. Thom Yorke of Radiohead fame is releasing a "solo" album called "The Eraser" on July 11. I put solo in quotes because Thom has explicitly stated he doesn't like the term. There is no possibility of a breakup or anything like that. Looks like their 7th album as a group is due in 2007. Seems like there's been a lot of Radiohead in the news lately. I like it!

http://arts.guardian.co.uk/news/stor...775730,00.html

May 16, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 9
Should be a nice holdover until a full Radiohead album. Frum what I hear the next RH should be out before 07 though, likely fall of this year. Most of the songs will be available after their US tour in a month or so. Ill be seeing them in June, I cant wait to hear some new stuff. I am one of the few who thinks Hail is their best album.

May 16, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 9
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
icon10.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #4 of 9
This is out and about in internet land now.

I think its pretty good. Sorta like postal service meets radiohead, as every track is electronic. lots of blips and bleeps.

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:14 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane
This is out and about in internet land now.

I think its pretty good. Sorta like postal service meets radiohead, as every track is electronic. lots of blips and bleeps.

Thanks for the heads-up

Jun 3, 2006 at 7:40 AM Post #7 of 9
its like when billy went and did TheFutureEmbrace... it just wasn't quite the same and only a couple songs stuck with me... same with the Eraser... YMMV

Jul 19, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #8 of 9
For those that waited for the release, it is on shelves.

I picked it up last week and really dig it. To me it's like a minimalist Amnesiac.

Jul 19, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #9 of 9
had the leak for a good amount of time now. just picked up the actual copy a few days ago. keeping it in fairly regular rotation. thom's voice is as good as ever. anxious to try it out with something besides my Senns.

and i guess it's sort of like the postal service..just minus the fagginess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back