This place is horrible
Mar 29, 2006 at 2:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Head Creep

Headphoneus Supremus
I ordered some soft flex sleeves for my E2c, but accidentally bought the E1/3/5 sleeves instead. Instead of sending them back for a refund, I've kept them sitting in front of my computer monitor, contemplating whether or not this is a sign for me to buy the E5c's I've always wanted. The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is because I'm also thinking about using my current stereo as a TV/Xbox-only system, and putting together another speaker rig for the side of my bed (which is directly across the room from my TV).

Have I lost my mind?

Mar 29, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 10
No, you haven't lost your mind... You should, however, hold out till May and get the E500.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 29, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
No, you haven't lost your mind... You should, however, hold out till May and get the E500.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Or, I could buy myself something a little cheaper like, say, the UM2 now, and then get the E500 in May, as a birthday present for myself...

Mar 29, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #4 of 10
why not the ER6i now, which would be a inexpensive upgrade that would give you a jump in quality, but not be nearly as expensive as the e3c or UM2? Or just wait, it pays off in the end.
tongue.gif

Mar 29, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #5 of 10
you know, Shure is giving away a E500 at the Nat Meet...
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 29, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
evil_smiley.gif

First of all, saying that (and thus knowing how many wonderful prizes and great things are going to happen at said meet), to people who are not able to go to NYC is just plain evil.

Secondly, I agree that you should just wait and buy the E500s. No sense in buying then having to upgrade later. The evil of this place is that upgraditis never seems to end. At least the E500s should hold you for quite some time once they do come out. If you buy the UM2s you'll be forced to listen to various reviews of how the E500 stomps it (most likely).

EDIT: When did you change your avatar, Jahn? I couldn't sworn it was the purple colored HP-1000 (I think that it was at least) a day ago...

Mar 29, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #8 of 10
indeed, evil! muahahaha!
very_evil_smiley.gif

*just killed karma of winning any of the door prizes*

this avvy is by Inkmo too, just a quickie sketch he worked on before making my normal one, but hey it's got to air our sometime, right?

but come to think of it, this Stax Lambda Pro sketch of Inkmo's hasn't gotten ANY press, so I'll just put that up instead. Uh, since the HP2 is a bit out of rotation at the moment!

Mar 29, 2006 at 8:08 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
why not the ER6i now, which would be a inexpensive upgrade that would give you a jump in quality, but not be nearly as expensive as the e3c or UM2? Or just wait, it pays off in the end.
tongue.gif

The Ety's are tempting, but it doesn't seem to be my kind of sound signature.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
evil_smiley.gif

That's a good option on the surface, but once you dig into it a bit, there's quite a few flaws.
-I would need headphones for the flight. ~5 hours in the air with my boring ol' E2c?!
-With the cost of a flight and somewhere to stay, I'd be out the cost of the E500. Plus, I would walk away from the meet wanting to buy even more equipment.

I need a cheaper addiction... maybe I should pick up cocaine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back