This or that? SR60i or MS1
Aug 30, 2010 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

MarcusP

New Head-Fier
I've came to a decision that I'll buy either the SR60i or Alessandro MS1.
Though, there are two sellers.

A week old SR60i for $80

or

A 2 and a half year old MS1 for $80

I will get a week warranty for the sr60i
Still discussing with the seller for the personal warranty for the MS1.

Which do you think I should get? Is the burned in ms1 better than a 50 hour burn in sr60i?
Is it worth the risk to buy a 2 year old ms1?

Aug 30, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #2 of 20
Not sure why you wouldn't just get a new MS1 for $99? It is definitely superior to the 60 and worth the money whether you go new or used. Invest in a set of bowl pads.

Aug 30, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #4 of 20
I would personally get the MS1 as long as the seller is reputable, then get some bowls if possible.

Aug 30, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #5 of 20

Quote:
I would personally get the MS1 as long as the seller is reputable, then get some bowls if possible.

I don't see why, if they're comfortable leave them be. Bowls are the thing that makes Gradossandros uncomfortable for a lot of people. I hated them so much I took them off my RS2 and use the comfy from my MS1 instead.

Aug 30, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #6 of 20
Because the bowls sound much better, especially reversed. They provide increased bass and soundstage. I never understood the lack of comfort with grados. They are about the lightest headphones you can get and have zero clamping.

Aug 30, 2010 at 4:51 AM Post #8 of 20
What's the difference between Alessandro MS1 and MS1i?
Yeah I'm actually leaning towards ms1. I'm not planning to get an amp though, will it drive itself well enough?
Now he's offering $65 for just the headphones, $80 for bowl pad and... casing.

Aug 30, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #9 of 20

Quote:
Because the bowls sound much better, especially reversed. They provide increased bass and soundstage. I never understood the lack of comfort with grados. They are about the lightest headphones you can get and have zero clamping.

Yeah, people on here say that all the time. I think all the differences are way overstated. Different pads make so little difference to me, it's not even worth worrying about.

Aug 30, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #11 of 20
Are you sure it's free shipping?
The headphone shop here is selling it at RM470+ which is about $150.

And the guy is selling the Alessandro MS1 for RM200 which is about.. $65 with 3 weeks personal warranty.
Go for it?

Aug 30, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #13 of 20
MarcusP

I've used my MS1s for a year now. Love them. Relatively neutral (for a Grado), works well with most music, especially vocal, jazz and rock. So, so with classical. Runs well w/o amp. Better with it. Also I felt more comfortable using bowls and offered better SQ IMO. Build quality a bit cheezy and archaic, but hey its the same build quality with their $1000 GS1000s.  

I would get them new for peace of mind and slightly more money. Goodluck

Aug 30, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #14 of 20
but i would paying double.
which cost $150.
it's way over my budget.

i think the second hand one is good for $65.
if there's any problems with it.. well i have 3 weeks personal warranty..
so i hope nothing happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back