1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

This is what Head Fi has done to me: Playing with Fiio Q1MKI, Fiio E07K, Fiio E17K, Fiio E18, Oppo HA-2SE, Topping NX4DSD, IFI XDSD, and Centrance Dacportable

1. SuperNovaGoesPop
    ...so I've bought all of the above used/on sale with the intent to compare/play with all of these and only keep one or two for the long haul/flip the rest to get my money back. But I mean...holy crap. I'm a musician and have done the whole gear thing to death over the years as far as guitars/synths/amps/effects goes, and I guess this was inevitable and bound to happen with headphones and dac/amps.

But yeah...I'm going to be popping in and out of this thread over the next few weeks just to record some "real world/every man" type comments on all of them and how they work for basic cell phone/pc compatibility. But already, I can say the following in short:

1. I love Fiio to death for what they are/what they do.
    2. The Oppo HA-2SE really is the all-rounder for build/function/sound...total shame they've folded further production.
    3. IFI has a nice platform with the "X Series" going into the future...still waiting on a type A to Type C OTG cable to come in, though the Bluetooth connectivity seems nice.
    4. The NX4DSD is a no-brainer for the price point, though a bit "China" in build quality.
    5. Massdrop needs to get the Dacportable to me...like now.

...freakin' crazy hobby this is.

:)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  2. Redcarmoose
    Nah, your only getting started.

Welcome to Head-Fi.

Sorry about your wallet.

3. SuperNovaGoesPop
    I know, right?

4. judson_w
    I can relate. I dove into the non-portable side first (Sennheiser HD600s and Schiit Valhalla 2). But for work, I moved desks to a noisier part of the office. Thus, wound up picking up Etymotic HF5s because I need noise isolation. They sounded great, but the work computer's sound was terribly gross and noisy (i.e., if I had a PDF open, I could click with my mouse button and hear a tone for however long the button was pressed. Pretended to be doing Morse code on more than one occasion).

So I went to using my phone (Huawei Honor 6x) but found the headphone out still noisy (though the Etymotics are stupidly sensitive). So I went for a b-stock Schiit Fulla, only to discover that Huaweis do not work well with USB Audio Player Pro, so I connected it to the work computer, and it works well enough now. Best of all the options.