This is it. PLEASE help me choose....
May 24, 2012 at 6:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

charlie875578

Head-Fier
Yet another post about trying to find headphones. So here we go. This is it, I want to pull the trigger tonight or tomorrow. Again, I'm all about Bruce Springsteen. I also listen to: Elton John, Aerosmith, Eddie Money,The Police, Rod Stewart. About 20% of my listening is Punk Rock/Rock: Angels and Airwaves, Blink 182, Bayside, Alkaline Trio, Anberlin, Brand New, Rise Against. I keep going back and forth and so I've just narrowed it to these:

All will be powered by Fiio E10

**Denon 5000
 (this seems to be the "Safe bet" front runner) There are also times when I feel the 2000 would be fine, and then I'll read something that says "don't even look at the 2000 the 5000 are so much better..." If anyone can clear this up that would be great.

**Sennheiser HD600
 Kinda worried there will be too much leakage. These are for home listening, but there are times when I'll be watching something on the laptop while my girlfriend is watching TV in the same room. Also worried I won't be able to power them. I have a lot of concern over these, but i love their looks and I think these are the ones that, inside, i want, but they may not be the best choice.

**Grado 325
  I think they are kind of ugly. But so many people rave about their performance with rock music, so I can't ignore them. 

**Sennheiser HD650 
 Same concern as the HD600, but if I can find a good price on these I might be very tempted to pull the trigger

**Beyerdynamic DT 880 (250ohm)
  Just recently started looking into these. seem to be available at a pretty good price. 

TRYING, yes, trying, to keep it under $400 (looking at a lot of used deals)

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back