This is how awesome Fischer Audio is! (FA Saturn and FA Vega to be released?)
Aug 8, 2011 at 12:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Hayang

100+ Head-Fier

The Saturn:

The Vega:

Excited?  I am.  If Fischer has pulled off good sound in well-styled headphones that could appeal to the audience that considers looks a factor in their purchases, they may have a big hit.

Aug 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #3 of 17
They will fail. Simply because "looks" are not enough in this modern world.

Our pop culture is going crazy, everything is allowed, breaking the rules is accepted. So we/people need brands that tell us what actually is accepted as good looks. Every hippie on dope can design a dress like Versace. But if you carry it without a name, it just feels out of place. Fischer Audio has no name and will never be able to compete with Beats and the like.

There are plenty plenty stylish 'phones out there already. They fail miserably because they don't have a name behind them. You don't want to look like a freak, do you? That's what you do if you wear that without a name!

I think Ludacris will do well competing with Dre, but those designs by Fischer Audio will have absolutely no impact. What we who like good audio quality want is this, what Tyll said in the MDR-ZX700 review: They speak to me: "Hi. I'm a headphone. Put me on and listen." Simple.

Aug 8, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #4 of 17
Haha... I didn't mean a big hit on the scale of Dre. Beats, or big hit as in it will change the future of audiophilia.  I actually just meant they may gain some popularity on head-fi and be a solid, often-recommended headphone in the $50~$150 range, which is right where many new members go looking for their first headphone.

There are plenty of people here who come looking for a good sounding closed can with okay isolation and passable looks, and many of them are young.  If they sound good, great.  But if they look good too, young buyers, even on head-fi, will show some favoritism toward it.

And I don't think every person included in "we who like good audio quality" is indifferent to looks if they have ever considered wearing their headphones outside.  Notice you chose the MDR-ZX700, which has a clean and simple. understated design, instead of something like the Sennheiser HD600 or the FA-003, which I personally would not wear outside.

I look forward to seeing how the new Fischer cans sound, and if they sound good I may use them as my outdoor set!!

Aug 8, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #5 of 17
These look amazing and I agree with sidel's statement that they look well built. If they have some true ground in the sonic department and the price is right I believe this will be successful.

Aug 8, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 17
Lets hope they sound as good as they look. 
wink.gif

i would like to demo a pair sometime. 

Aug 8, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #7 of 17
Yes!  Most of all I am excited that it's Fischer Audio making these headphones, since their FA Master series (FA-003, 004, 011, etc. and DBA-02) have been noted as very high performers.  Let's hope they didn't skimp on the sound here either.

Aug 8, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #8 of 17

Quote:
Yes!  Most of all I am excited that it's Fischer Audio making these headphones, since their FA Master series (FA-003, 004, 011, etc. and DBA-02) have been noted as very high performers.  Let's hope they didn't skimp on the sound here either.

Indeed. Craig Uthus from Eddie Current was so impressed with the FA-003 that I had to let him borrow it so that he could enjoy it some more. I hope Fischer Audio keeps pushing out great sounding gear at affordable prices.

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #9 of 17
Look at all the headphones they make! WOW! I think I'll go for the Saturns, I can wear them outside without being looked at (too) weird. BIG CANS ARE NOT A CRIME!!!

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #10 of 17

Sadly, I think you are right.  I get comments on my Phiatons every time I wear them in public, and they sound awesome, but they are never going to get popular.  Not in this corner of the world, anyway.
Quote:
They will fail. Simply because "looks" are not enough in this modern world.

Our pop culture is going crazy, everything is allowed, breaking the rules is accepted. So we/people need brands that tell us what actually is accepted as good looks. Every hippie on dope can design a dress like Versace. But if you carry it without a name, it just feels out of place. Fischer Audio has no name and will never be able to compete with Beats and the like.

There are plenty plenty stylish 'phones out there already. They fail miserably because they don't have a name behind them. You don't want to look like a freak, do you? That's what you do if you wear that without a name!

I think Ludacris will do well competing with Dre, but those designs by Fischer Audio will have absolutely no impact. What we who like good audio quality want is this, what Tyll said in the MDR-ZX700 review: They speak to me: "Hi. I'm a headphone. Put me on and listen." Simple.

Aug 9, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #11 of 17

Quote:
Sadly, I think you are right.  I get comments on my Phiatons every time I wear them in public, and they sound awesome, but they are never going to get popular.  Not in this corner of the world, anyway.

Haha, I agree that the chances of something like FA Saturn getting wildly popular (on the scale of Beats or Bose or anything at Best Buy) among the general public is one in a million at the moment, especially since Fischer Audio is currently a small company.

On a different note I am optimistic about the future of headphones.  Thinking about the pace of technological advancement, I don't think it's totally far off to say that in 10 years, you will be able to get LCD-2 level sound for the equivalent of $50~$100 dollars or so, whether in the form of a headphone or whatever is being used at that time.

But until then, any stylish, actually good-sounding headphone will just be the secret delight of head-fiers, and might become a common recommendation to the masses that rush in asking "WHAT IS A GOOD ENTRY LEVEL HEADPHONE WITH GOOD BASS (i listen to dubstep and techno) AND LOOKS GOOD??.  That's the kind of popularity I mean, and I don't mind that.

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #13 of 17

Quote:
Look at all the headphones they make! WOW! I think I'll go for the Saturns, I can wear them outside without being looked at (too) weird. BIG CANS ARE NOT A CRIME!!!

Roughly half of their fullsize headphone line is the 'FA-002W' : different wood finishes for the same headphone. I agree that they have a large range of dynamic IEMs, but their fullsize line is:

Vega,Titan,Saturn,Hyperion,FA-011,FA-010,FA-003,FA-002

Impressive, but its hardly up there with the Sennheiser range .... personally, I see that as a good thing. The downside is that you arent like to find FA down at the Mega Mall.

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #15 of 17
The Saturns look almost identical to the Shure DJ series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back