thinnest DAP?
Jul 18, 2011 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

phntmsmshr

100+ Head-Fier
Want to pair off something with a Practical Devices XM5, but would like to keep it as pocket-portable as possible. What are the options for a decent SQ? iPod nano 3rd gen? Fuze? GoGear Ariaz? Something by Samsung? Expandable memory would be ideal. Please no responses with that credit card player thing. Ability to play flac would also be a bonus.

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #3 of 9
S:Flo 2 (play FLAC) has dedicated line-out to pair with external AMPs and it has expandable memory. The Sony X1060(no FLAC) offer very detailed sound through HP jack but it has line-out funtion through media port and ALO sell dock cables for Sony walkmen.

Jul 18, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 9
Not sure that S:Flo 2 would be something that you could call "thinnest".

If you do not leave in EU, you might check the Sony ones, I had a S755 and it was quite good. Only problem was volume cap which was a pain for me.

Else, the Sansa Clip as suggested is still a good and cheap choice apparently (even if I never had one).

You might also look at the new Cowon C2 which is tiny and offers a MicroSD slot. But it's not as small as an ipod nano 3rd.

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 9
The Clip+ would have been a good option if it didn't mean removing the clip. I've been trying to find a good config with my existing Clip+ but it's frustratingly difficult to position. At this stage the Fuze is probably the most realistic option given that it also has a microsd slot, but still open to suggestions.

Jul 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #9 of 9
Samsung YO-R0 is quite thin;but the biggest joy you will have with Sony Walkman series A-840/850 - anorexia medical case!I am waiting for 64G model myself.(long waiting...Sony! - please!))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back