Thinksound Rain2 to pour in ears soon: Impressions and Discussions Thread
Jan 9, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #302 of 350
Didn't you sell your pair?

Had them in the classifieds for a while. Kept listening to them and liking them more and more. Now they're keepers. Classified is closed. :)

Jan 9, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #304 of 350
Mine are gone. I'm using another woodie for my earphone, but I was referencing Dokken, not the Rain 2 :wink:

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #305 of 350
JVC Spiral Dot tips. Try this if you have them. Gotten very good results with better clarity as though a slight veil have been lifted. Sound stage have expanded a tad in width and created more space for imaging. Bass have more control and have less boom to it while still remains present with good body to it. Mids are a tad clearer and vocals have better focus while retaining the air around it. Highs losses it's slight edginess and sound smoother and seems to have extended higher creating a sense of a taller stage.

Just a simple tip roll open up the sound for me and I hope anyone who have the spiral dots to give it a try and see if it works for you. We may not hear things the same way so ymmv. But I do hope this could help Rain 2 owners to have a better listening experience. Cheers.

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #307 of 350
I've been wondering if I have a defective pair of Rain2. No one mentions the overwhelming bass that these have. Mine are pretty dark sounding..

That's not a defect. It's a trait.

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #309 of 350
They are on the warmer side but mellow out eventually. Bass seems to be getting tighter and punchier with use.

Agreed. On a separate note, I have noticed that some of the folks that were hyping these up in the beginning don't comment on them much anymore. Perhaps they are busy with other things...

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #310 of 350
Agreed. On a separate note, I have noticed that some of the folks that were hyping these up in the beginning don't comment on them much anymore. Perhaps they are busy with other things...

We are too busy listenin
wink.gif

Honestly though they have been traveling with me for the last few weeks and I am writing a review.

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #312 of 350

We are too busy listenin
wink.gif

Honestly though they have been traveling with me for the last few weeks and I am writing a review.

Well slowpickr, there's a point where the greatest hype items go into an area of just listening, unless there is something new to add. You see what is at the top of my sig below, but I rarely talk about them because I'm listening. 

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #313 of 350
We are too busy listenin
wink.gif

Well slowpickr, there's a point where the greatest hype items go into an area of just listening, unless there is something new to add. You see what is at the top of my sig below, but I rarely talk about them because I'm listening

+1. 

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #314 of 350
Well slowpickr, there's a point where the greatest hype items go into an area of just listening, unless there is something new to add. You see what is at the top of my sig below, but I rarely talk about them because I'm listening. 

÷1. That's what I would want most in this hobby. Listening to my tunes.

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #315 of 350

Understood. Looks like you need to update your sig and add the Rain2s :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back