Thinking of getting a cheap portable headphone amplifier
Nov 25, 2008 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

drummerdimitri

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, i was seriously thinking of getting a cheap headphone amp made in china that are below 100 dollars because i don't want to spend much more after getting ultimate ears super.fi 3 studio and the shure se530 pth. I was wondering if it would be worth it and what would differ with my music after using an amp on these earphones. I was also considering to get an ultimate ears triple.fi 10 pro, so please evaluate the need of an amp as well as the advantages and disadvantages of getting myself a cheap headphone amp that's made in china. I will of course try them before i buy them, but after your experience, is it a good idea? Thanks guys!

Nov 26, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #3 of 6
Wait two weeks and than buy the FiiO E5 for around 20 dollar.

Nov 26, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 6
Well you see, i live in the united arab emirates, so i really do not know what it available here. However there is like a chinese mall that sells everything made in china, and my friend told me that i could find amps there for cheap, so please do not try to recommend me anything because i don't know what's available here, so I'l have to go and see for myself. Instead could anyone please just give me some general opinion and advice on chinese amps coz that's all they are going to have in the chinese mall where i live. Thanks!

Nov 26, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for the reply, like i said i will have to go and listen to my IEM's with the amp and without the amp and then decide on wether or not i should buy it depending on the price of course. I just wanted to get an idea of what to expect out of an amp with the price i've got in my mind. Thanks anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back