Think I've got a case?
May 17, 2006 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bundee1

Headphoneus Supremus
I exchanged my dead 4G 40GB Ipod through Apple's mail-in service (Thank God for that Applecare warranty) and got a refurbed 4G 40GB back in 2 business days. Now that I'm using it more I've noticed its giving me the dreaded headphone jack pause problem. Im using Senn PX-100 and when they turn the player pauses. Its really a P.I.A. when you dont have a free hand to restart the player. My old player never had this problem.

Now Apple is opening a new Apple Store close to my job, on 5th ave and
59th street. I've printed out a thread about the headphone jack pause problem and I'll try and reproduce it for them at the genius bar. Do you guys think I'll get my Ipod exchanged?

May 17, 2006 at 4:54 PM Post #2 of 4
Most likely, Apple support is pretty good in my experience.

May 17, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by bundee1
I exchanged my dead 4G 40GB Ipod through Apple's mail-in service (Thank God for that Applecare warranty) and got a refurbed 4G 40GB back in 2 business days.

Typical. You buy it new, and then they send you a refurb after it starts to not work....(sometimes better off buying a used one that works for less, it is the same thing anymore with most Mfrs)

Good luck though, I would plead the case and print out any industry reports or help cases that feature users with similar problems with the gear you have..

Let us know how that goes!!

May 17, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 4
Im going to try and head over after work on Friday. Now that they have 2 stores in NYC maybe, just maybe you can schedule an appointment at the genius bay instead of paying $80 just to get special treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back