ThieAudio Voyager 14
Feb 14, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #46 of 558
Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #48 of 558
Estimated ship date is Mar 27, 2020 PT on drop (both 3 and 14) while linsoul says 1 or 2 weeks if plate color is not available. They have a few color already available (spoken to them in chat) and those ships in a couple of days
My order was placed 10 days ago and just been told another 1-2 weeks. They said they have one faceplate in stock (blue with orange bits) which I don't like, not a good idea for a 1k iem.

I am away in March and am already seeing a bad situation where the iem arrives when I'm away and has to go back to China. Starting to think about refund if no resolution next week. Shame, seems like a great item and the virus is none of Linsoul's fault. Can only imagine the damage this is doing to all kinds of businesses in China...tough.

Feb 14, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #49 of 558
Just to give folks an idea. I used the Voyager 14 for more than a week until I gave my impressions. If I had done it on the 'honeymoon' period, it would have been a bad review due to myself using backward polarity cables on accident for a couple days. Suffice to say, you need to run correct polarity for this iem to sound right.. as most iems need. After that I fought with tips for another couple days until i got a real seal. As soon as those 2 elements came together the glory of the Voyager 14 was released.

Also, I am NOT only listening to the 14. When I got it, I had the EJ07, and the S8 and did some direct comparisons, as in A/B with one song at a time.

Lets say that I had the IEM working right the first moment I got it, I still would have waited a while before giving a review. To be honest, it takes quite a few songs, generas, etc to pin down an IEMs tone.

Feb 14, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #50 of 558
Just to give folks an idea. I used the Voyager 14 for more than a week until I gave my impressions. If I had done it on the 'honeymoon' period, it would have been a bad review due to myself using backward polarity cables on accident for a couple days. Suffice to say, you need to run correct polarity for this iem to sound right.. as most iems need. After that I fought with tips for another couple days until i got a real seal. As soon as those 2 elements came together the glory of the Voyager 14 was released.

Also, I am NOT only listening to the 14. When I got it, I had the EJ07, and the S8 and did some direct comparisons, as in A/B with one song at a time.

Lets say that I had the IEM working right the first moment I got it, I still would have waited a while before giving a review. To be honest, it takes quite a few songs, generas, etc to pin down an IEMs tone.
Thank you for providing a valuable input. I think you delivered a clear and easy to understand review. I also have the EJ07 and it makes it easier for me. These are the best iems in my collection.

Feb 14, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #51 of 558
@redrol Do you use the stock or aftermarket cables on the Voyager 14?

Feb 14, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #52 of 558
I'm using aftermarket cables. The issue being that I thought the Voyager 14 with QDC connectors is reverse polarity. While the connector is QDC, IE, extruded 2 pin and QDC cables fit perfectly, they are reversed while the IEM is actually not. I am not sure if Thieaudio is going to reverse the wiring going forward, or supply cables with QDC/KZ? connectors with normal polarity. Normal being negative pin to the front of the IEM.

Feb 14, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #53 of 558
A $1,000, and the stock cable is not high quality?
I'm using aftermarket cables. The issue being that I thought the Voyager 14 with QDC connectors is reverse polarity. While the connector is QDC, IE, extruded 2 pin and QDC cables fit perfectly, they are reversed while the IEM is actually not. I am not sure if Thieaudio is going to reverse the wiring going forward, or supply cables with QDC/KZ? connectors with normal polarity. Normal being negative pin to the front of the IEM.

A $1,000, and the stock cable is not high quality? What upgraded cable are you using?

Feb 14, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #54 of 558
Then shouldn't you talk to linsoul for a replacement cable? That would be quite weird...

Feb 14, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #55 of 558
Oh of course, they sent replacements immediately. Unfortunately shipping is kind of broken right now. I got the very first pair so this is not unusual or even anyones fault really.

A $1,000, and the stock cable is not high quality?

The retail boxing was not available when I ordered and to Linsoul's AMAZING support, they just got me the IEMs. This is the key part, AS I REQUESTED!

The cable Linsoul included is extremely nice. A beautiful silver one.

Im currently using a really good measuring Linsoul HC08 2 pin cable, just what I had on hand.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #56 of 558
So the iem got the negative pin in front as it is normal and so I suppose in 2pin version it should be the same,negative in front. Right? Thanks

Feb 14, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #57 of 558
For those that have ordered and received a tracking number, what faceplate is in stock ready to ship?

I don't care about color. I saw a previous post about blue/orange, but I couldn't figure what letter that was on the site. Is that a3?

Also is 2-pin or the recessed QDC the better option?

Feb 14, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #59 of 558
For those that have ordered and received a tracking number, what faceplate is in stock ready to ship?

I don't care about color. I saw a previous post about blue/orange, but I couldn't figure what letter that was on the site. Is that a3?

Also is 2-pin or the recessed QDC the better option?

Probably not much help here... But I just told them I didnt care what color was sent just wanted it asap. Jessie w linsoul got back w me Wednesday said they did have some in stock(didn't verify colors), and that my order would be processed as soon as possible. No shipping confirmation as of now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back