ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Mar 29, 2024 at 6:15 AM Post #4,726 of 4,736
I found an interesting blog/article about the Prestige LTDs and the author wrote about their discovery on different tips and wires.

https://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php?bsn=60535&snA=24403

I am interested in testing out the
Pentaconn COREIR eartips now
But it looks like they paired it with the effect audio Fusion 1's cable 😭
I have the tips on the way. Cables are jewelry :wink: The Fusion 1 is great looking though, but for 999$ 🤣

Mar 30, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #4,728 of 4,736
I'm considering either the original oracle or hype 4. I listen to everything from rock to edm and classical. Which would be best?

Mar 30, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #4,729 of 4,736
I'm considering either the original oracle or hype 4. I listen to everything from rock to edm and classical. Which would be best?
TBH, Oracle MK2 or Hype 10. But then again this comes back to investment. So the Monarch MK3 would be ideal but that's outside the budget of a used MK1 and Hype 4.

The OG oracle will reproduce low end, but it's artificially wide for everything. Fantastic for acoustic music and real instruments but it's not a "bass" unit.

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #4,730 of 4,736
I don't know If burn in is real but lately I've been burning in my new headphones and focus listening with them, but also had my prestige LTDs plugged in for burning alongside. This was 1½~2 weeks of burn in and today going back to listen with the IEMs there are noticeable improvements.

I really love these IEMs.😭
I wouldn't be hesitant buying the 2nd iteration of the Prestige if/when they release them.🥺

Ordered some new tips to try too.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #4,731 of 4,736
I can only imagine how they'd improve the Prestige LTD. Personally, I'd add another dynamic. 1 for the sub and 1 for the mid bass. It'd help make the low end slam that extra bit more but also further improve texturing and detail. But keep it where it's at, maybe 1 or 1.5db more but keep it below the levels of the Monarch MK3 and Hype 10. Focus on pure technical performance. 1 more ba, help add extra detail to the mids, but again, keep tuning the same, just improve some areas here and there, keep the 4 est drivers and further improve that treble. Keep it smooth, detailed yet with that right amount of sparkle. A more technical and improved Prestige LTD MK2. But that could be a while away. But if they could make it stage larger, have a touch more slam and improve the resolution. That would be God tier iem. But to my ears. The Prestige LTD is already god tier hahaha

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #4,732 of 4,736
I can only imagine how they'd improve the Prestige LTD. Personally, I'd add another dynamic. 1 for the sub and 1 for the mid bass. It'd help make the low end slam that extra bit more but also further improve texturing and detail. But keep it where it's at, maybe 1 or 1.5db more but keep it below the levels of the Monarch MK3 and Hype 10. Focus on pure technical performance. 1 more ba, help add extra detail to the mids, but again, keep tuning the same, just improve some areas here and there, keep the 4 est drivers and further improve that treble. Keep it smooth, detailed yet with that right amount of sparkle. A more technical and improved Prestige LTD MK2. But that could be a while away. But if they could make it stage larger, have a touch more slam and improve the resolution. That would be God tier iem. But to my ears. The Prestige LTD is already god tier hahaha

Hmm, I'm eyeing it right now, even though I already have the new Monarch... this hobby, man, endless rabbit hole smh
It needs to be said though, that since I have the MKIII, only the Prestige Ltd and the Crimson interested me, as this is the most natural yet fun tuning IMO, so very few things are worth picking up anymore.
I always wondered if the Prestige Ltd had BAs for bass with the DD relegated to the sub-bass, because the product page is not terribly straightforward on this.

Apr 17, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #4,733 of 4,736
I totally agreed with you, whatever Thieaudio may have in plans for the next Prestige~ I too think it would have to improve in soundstage and lower end region, but even as it stands now everything is clean and superb in tuning. if they can possibly give more soundstage +bass impact without changing much else~ that would be HUGE
Maybe they'll throw in a planar, so a 10 drivers configuration! With 1DDx 1PLNRx
Or 2x DD? 🤔

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 12:05 AM Post #4,734 of 4,736
Have been using new tips lately and so far, they are the Pentagon COREIR brass tips, and I have been liking them much more so than the azla xelastecs lately.
The fit and secured sealing is better too (for my ears) but I also been able listen at a lower volume too.

Fit+
Comfort+
I haven't put in time to chart down the major sonic differences yet.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 12:21 AM Post #4,735 of 4,736
Have been using new tips lately and so far, they are the Pentagon COREIR brass tips, and I have been liking them much more so than the azla xelastecs lately.
The fit and secured sealing is better too (for my ears) but I also been able listen at a lower volume too.

Fit+
Comfort+
I haven't put in time to chart down the major sonic differences yet.
Hows the bass between em? I've been holding off on spending 53 on some tips 🤭

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #4,736 of 4,736
Hows the bass between em? I've been holding off on spending 53 on some tips 🤭
Will have to take note on the bass between the two.

However I will say, the bass takes a focal point-dead center in overall staging, these coreir brass tips sounds airy. to my ears I find that it's much easier with tracking the direction of sounds with some songs, definitely a 3-D sound where I can track some sounds surfacing from behind my head and top back.

Edit: I still think the original stock tips sounded the best in terms of spatial sound quality and music depth, but they're not comfortable for me and the seal was terrible. I feel like trying any smooth silicone tip in the future will have the same issues for me unfortunately 😔

The COREIR brass has deeper bass where it's more pronounced and textured, very tight and controlled at the center staging. The treble is more energetic, sound lingers much long, hence the reason I can track the directions of sound better. They sound more 3D while the xelastecs sounds more like music in your head.
They make my azla tips sound meshed and inferior now, most likely that the bass bleeds a bit. The dunu SS have just as clean sound as the Coreir brass tips but staging suffers, I can really tell where music tapered off, and it doesn't give the 3-dimensional qualities. Wow I really love this hobby, it never ends does it lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back