ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 25, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #901 of 4,751
CIEM means it's a custom fit. I dont know how you'd demo a product shaped to someone else's ear.

You could demo someone's UIEM potentially to see roughly how a CIEM made for you would end up.
I didnt mean to try a custom fit, but a uiem monarch

Nov 25, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #902 of 4,751
Hello, potential buyer questions.

1) How is the fit of the Monarch compared to the FH7. The FH7 fit great for me, is it similar?
2) Has anyone gamed with these? I have wearing over the ears with glasses and would love for these to be good at gaming as well.

I have FH7 and Clairvoyance. Clairvoyance is bigger, but for me is confortable too.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #903 of 4,751
I know that itch, in this hobby we all suffer from that symptom and the worst is that never goes away!!😉
At a point I though about buying both, Clairs and Monarch and close the IEM door for years, but that was a lot of money for me in this complicated year.

Keep in mind what most reviewers have said: Monarch and Clairvoyance are more similar than different.
If you want to have 2 great IEMs, it may be more logical to buy 2 very different and complementary, better than these 2 that are so similar to each other.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #904 of 4,751
I put Initial D Golden Collection into M11 Pro + Monarch..... Totally blown away..... I din know it can sound do damn good

Nov 27, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #905 of 4,751
Still waiting for shipping notification of mine. Ordered on Oct. 28th...”

Got shipping notification on Wednesday afternoon, and it is Friday morning in my corner of the world and I am rocking my Monarchs already. From Shenzen to Prague in under 42 hours! DHL, color me surprised!

To the topic though, loving the sound. Subbass is indeed a little bit strong for my ears (not really basshead), but I believe I can get used to it, and the rest of the spectrum is superb. Especially loving treble which makes the sound vibrant and full of life and joy. Wow. Just wow.

Nov 27, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #906 of 4,751
Haven’t had the chance to try any Fiio, but Monarch is big, it doesn’t bother me, but the pressure is there after a couple of hours.
No, I don’t game, but I think they will be fine, probably better that over the ears while using glasses . I do use glasses to read and is more confortable with IEM ( even with the cable over your ears like Monarch or your Fiio) than with over the ears headphones , if it’s that what you mean with “over the ears”.

Yes, sorry. My phone auto corrected "hate" to "have". Thank you!

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #907 of 4,751
After 1 month with ananda, I want to write my final impression and compare with the monarch.
Simply say, the ananda is almost perfect neutral. the high is present but not piercing.
Mid kinda forward, but not much. its smooth, but not 650 smooth, better than the monarch.
Bass not punchy, but hit deep, kinda like the monarch. however, the monarch got more punch. The ananda is not for basshead, but for someone looking for neutrality tone.
Ananda is more airy than the monarch, but still not wide enough. I remember the arya is far more wider and deeper, but the arya high notes are too much for my ears. the tonality of ananda is perfect for me, just wished it got wider and deeper stage.
Separation detail is better with the monarch, but imaging depth is better with the ananda.
atmos effect for movie and gaming is better with ananda, thanks to its airy and better imaging.
Finally, for now the ananda pretty much can satisfy me until I can afford the arya, or maybe hifiman can tweak its high notes a bit. I can hear ananda for hours without fatiguing my ears, while my listening limit is around 2 hours for the monarch.

Nov 28, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #908 of 4,751
After 1 month with ananda, I want to write my final impression and compare with the monarch.
Simply say, the ananda is almost perfect neutral. the high is present but not piercing.
Mid kinda forward, but not much. its smooth, but not 650 smooth, better than the monarch.
Bass not punchy, but hit deep, kinda like the monarch. however, the monarch got more punch. The ananda is not for basshead, but for someone looking for neutrality tone.
Ananda is more airy than the monarch, but still not wide enough. I remember the arya is far more wider and deeper, but the arya high notes are too much for my ears. the tonality of ananda is perfect for me, just wished it got wider and deeper stage.
Separation detail is better with the monarch, but imaging depth is better with the ananda.
atmos effect for movie and gaming is better with ananda, thanks to its airy and better imaging.
Finally, for now the ananda pretty much can satisfy me until I can afford the arya, or maybe hifiman can tweak its high notes a bit. I can hear ananda for hours without fatiguing my ears, while my listening limit is around 2 hours for the monarch.
Comparing headphones to IEM's is like oranges and apples. F.ex the outer ear are an important factor for sound when using headphones,but we cant factor that in on IEMs. Two diifferent sound experiences. Like speakers and headphones

Nov 28, 2020 at 3:46 AM Post #909 of 4,751
Hello! Have anyone tried both Monarch in CIEM or UIEM? Or know about any graph comparisons of those two?

Nov 28, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #910 of 4,751
Comparing headphones to IEM's is like oranges and apples. F.ex the outer ear are an important factor for sound when using headphones,but we cant factor that in on IEMs. Two diifferent sound experiences. Like speakers and headphones
I aware of the difference, just a simple comparison. Each one got its own strenght and weakness.
Still, very satisfied with the monarch for commute and ananda for home use.

Nov 28, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #913 of 4,751
The Monarchs I ordered on October 26th arrived yesterday. I had a set of the Clairvoyance as well but am awaiting a warranty replacement due to a bad 2 pin jack on one of them.

The Monarchs sound amazing and are clearly the best choice for modern dynamic recordings. Especially for electronic music. I can't imagine wanting more bass then these have! Tracks without real sub bass can definitely sound a little thin like in some older or less dynamic recordings. I look forward to A-Bing them with the Clairvoyance once my replacements arrive.

These are fun!

PXL_20201128_191538183.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Nov 28, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #914 of 4,751
The Monarchs I ordered on October 26th arrived yesterday. I had a set of the Clairvoyance as well but am awaiting a warranty replacement due to a bad 2 pin jack on one of them.

The Monarchs sound amazing and are clearly the best choice for modern dynamic recordings. Especially for electronic music. I can't imagine wanting more bass then these have! Tracks without real sub bass can definitely sound a little thin like in some older or less dynamic recordings. I look forward to A-Bing them with the Clairvoyance once my replacements arrive.

These are fun!
Nice pic. We look forward to your impressions on the twins!

Nov 28, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #915 of 4,751

These are fun!

PXL_20201128_191538183.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
Seconded, the bass is plentiful enough for me with the monarch, even almost border of too much. The sub bass is pure bliss with the monarch.
Tried with cranberries twenty one, the monarch's bass is just awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back