ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 22, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #886 of 4,751
Awesome man!

If you remember, I ordered my on Oct 28th as well (maybe later in the day =)). I emailed them and they informed me they would be shipping the following week (last week). Still haven't shipped. Hopefully DHL gets it real fast, but we're a few days shy of a month, so not the end of the world.

On the bright side the Cayin N3Pro I ordered that was also back ordered should be with me this week! So I will have a nice tube portable companion for the Monarchs.

And yes, the accessories are lacking, I had my wife get me some tips and a tableside hard case for them =).

Enjoy man! Let us know what you think.

Nov 23, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #888 of 4,751
Does someone have a Monarch CIEM? Maybe i could arrange to try one if there are any Norwegians here?

Nov 23, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #889 of 4,751
Does someone have a Monarch CIEM? Maybe i could arrange to try one if there are any Norwegians here?

CIEM means it's a custom fit. I dont know how you'd demo a product shaped to someone else's ear.

You could demo someone's UIEM potentially to see roughly how a CIEM made for you would end up.

Nov 23, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #890 of 4,751
The most “beautifully made level of overwhelming detail and resolution”. Those are the Monarch!! I love the sound signature.
Unfortunately only have 30 min to try to this point, but I’m in love!! I know they are sub bass focused on the lower range, but is not dominating at all, it is for sure very present, but the general tuning of the Monarch is balanced .
For future owners have in mind the shell is big, I own the AS T800 which are popular for being big and I find the Monarch bigger than T800, it doesn’t bother me ( at least no for 30min), but is big.
Look for some silicone tips if you want more than a pair, mine came with only one( but is a really good one). Cable is a little bit flashy, but strong and feels good.
The Monarch is more in the analytical part of the spectrum, but still very musical. I listen mostly to electronic from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s and is perfect. Also gave a chance to some ProgRock and pop from the 80’s and is also perfect.
My experience is limited, really good IEM that I own are only the LCD i3, and AS’s T800 and AQ7, everything else is in the sub $80 category.
I’m bad at describing sound, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.
I see some of you that ordered same day I did ( October 28) and have no confirmation about shipping yet, I ordered through Linsoul’s AEx store and not on the Linsoul website. The person at the AEx store told me 10 working days for production, at the Linsoul’s discord they told me 10 to 15 working days and end up being the 15 days.

Nov 23, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #891 of 4,751
The most “beautifully made level of overwhelming detail and resolution”. Those are the Monarch!! I love the sound signature.
Unfortunately only have 30 min to try to this point, but I’m in love!! I know they are sub bass focused on the lower range, but is not dominating at all, it is for sure very present, but the general tuning of the Monarch is balanced .
For future owners have in mind the shell is big, I own the AS T800 which are popular for being big and I find the Monarch bigger than T800, it doesn’t bother me ( at least no for 30min), but is big.
Look for some silicone tips if you want more than a pair, mine came with only one( but is a really good one). Cable is a little bit flashy, but strong and feels good.
The Monarch is more in the analytical part of the spectrum, but still very musical. I listen mostly to electronic from the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s and is perfect. Also gave a chance to some ProgRock and pop from the 80’s and is also perfect.
My experience is limited, really good IEM that I own are only the LCD i3, and AS’s T800 and AQ7, everything else is in the sub $80 category.
I see some of you that ordered same day I did ( October 28) and have no confirmation about shipping yet, I ordered through Linsoul’s AEx store and not on the Linsoul website. The person at the AEx store told me 10 working days for production, at the Linsoul’s discord they told me 10 to 15 working days and end up being the 15 days.

Be aware that the tips included with the Thieaudio look exactly as the Spinfit CP100 M, but the material is more rigid and stiff than the ones that you can buy at Aliexpress. These ones have a softer silicone, in my opinion these ones are better. I have been changing between pinfit CP100 size M and L, and both fit well for me.

I like the Clairvoyance very much, but I will always have the itch about the Monarch. I think that I will never know what would be better for my tastes and music. In general I feel that the Clairvoyance are almost too detailed, and I generally prefer something les analitical... But still, I would love to try the Monarch, hehehe

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #892 of 4,751
Be aware that the tips included with the Thieaudio look exactly as the Spinfit CP100 M, but the material is more rigid and stiff than the ones that you can buy at Aliexpress. These ones have a softer silicone, in my opinion these ones are better. I have been changing between pinfit CP100 size M and L, and both fit well for me.

I like the Clairvoyance very much, but I will always have the itch about the Monarch. I think that I will never know what would be better for my tastes and music. In general I feel that the Clairvoyance are almost too detailed, and I generally prefer something les analitical... But still, I would love to try the Monarch, hehehe

I know that itch, in this hobby we all suffer from that symptom and the worst is that never goes away!!😉
At a point I though about buying both, Clairs and Monarch and close the IEM door for years, but that was a lot of money for me in this complicated year.

Nov 23, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #893 of 4,751
If you think the Clairvoyance is too detailed the Monarch will unlikely be an improvement for you. The Clairvoyance is one of the most balanced IEMs I have heard and really quite smooth.

I have yet to hear the Monarch but it is suppose to have much more detail and better imaging with slightly thinner mids. Based on your preferences I don't think you are missing out on something better with the Monarch. I think you chose the right one for you.

Nov 23, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #894 of 4,751
So, mine are apparently finished. My order says fullfilled now when I log into Linsoul and the shop app says DHL is shipping it.

I think, like HanselPA, they have just created a label and it's not with DHL. Linsoul has not emailled me confirmation or tracking yet, as they said they would (and may still).

There is hope that they will indeed arrive around the same time as my Cayin N3Pro!

Nov 23, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #895 of 4,751
If you think the Clairvoyance is too detailed the Monarch will unlikely be an improvement for you. The Clairvoyance is one of the most balanced IEMs I have heard and really quite smooth.

I have yet to hear the Monarch but it is suppose to have much more detail and better imaging with slightly thinner mids. Based on your preferences I don't think you are missing out on something better with the Monarch. I think you chose the right one for you.

I agree. The Clair is you're best bet sounds like. Maybe grab a source with less analytical presentation and you'll have something that jives just right for you!

Nov 23, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #896 of 4,751
Hello, potential buyer questions.

1) How is the fit of the Monarch compared to the FH7. The FH7 fit great for me, is it similar?
2) Has anyone gamed with these? I hate wearing over the ears with glasses and would love for these to be good at gaming as well.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #898 of 4,751
How is it against the AQ7? Its only 200 usd difference( in retail). I bet the Monarch is worth every penny!

PS: I sold my AQ7 after i had used it for ~ 5 weeks. Tried my IE800 again. Sold AQ7 the next day. I paid only 170 usd for it new, and i think it wasnt even worth that cause of qc problems and FR "issues". Hope Thieaudio doesnt have the QC issues with their IEMs!

Nov 25, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #899 of 4,751
How is it against the AQ7? Its only 200 usd difference( in retail). I bet the Monarch is worth every penny!

PS: I sold my AQ7 after i had used it for ~ 5 weeks. Tried my IE800 again. Sold AQ7 the next day. I paid only 170 usd for it new, and i think it wasnt even worth that cause of qc problems and FR "issues". Hope Thieaudio doesnt have the QC issues with their IEMs!

Monarch and AQ7 are day and night!! Everything is superior on Monarch and yes, it is worth more than what they actually cost.
Curious your complaint about QC with AQ7. Since this post is about Thieaudio I don’t plan to introduce noice here, but over the years AudioSense has proven to be extremely cautious about QC. Maybe you got a defective one, $170 new sound weird. Did you buy from them or from a first owner?
Any way, Monarch not only has a different tuning, but also is better across the board compared to AQ7, but some how I still have some little love for it.

Nov 25, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #900 of 4,751
Hello, potential buyer questions.

1) How is the fit of the Monarch compared to the FH7. The FH7 fit great for me, is it similar?
2) Has anyone gamed with these? I have wearing over the ears with glasses and would love for these to be good at gaming as well.

Haven’t had the chance to try any Fiio, but Monarch is big, it doesn’t bother me, but the pressure is there after a couple of hours.
No, I don’t game, but I think they will be fine, probably better that over the ears while using glasses . I do use glasses to read and is more confortable with IEM ( even with the cable over your ears like Monarch or your Fiio) than with over the ears headphones , if it’s that what you mean with “over the ears”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back