ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jul 10, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #31 of 4,723
HBB graph for them is out, so credit to him

Both seems to have energy at upper treble, but measurement can vary after 8k because of the resonance in the coupler, but overall likely have strong upper treble xD

I would likely want to have a deep fit for these bad boys with smaller tip size
Thanks! I think I’ll update the initial thread post.

Edit: They look really quite nice, especially the Monarch, IMO.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #32 of 4,723
Thanks for the graphs, i have just ordered the Monarch tho i feel it's a little risky as money is tight right now and Roland was a big mistake, it is very very good iem but way to flat on the top for me, bass is good tho and presentation is so clean, anyway, i am gonna wait a few days to get a balanced cable with 4.4 adapter as it comes with 3.5 as standard, no pics and description of box content yet, Conductor has great accessories included, i guess i should have waited to bggar's impressions first, but hey, i might be first this time😄

Jul 10, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #33 of 4,723
Thanks for the graphs, i have just ordered the Monarch tho i feel it's a little risky as money is tight right now and Roland was a big mistake, it is very very good iem but way to flat on the top for me, bass is good tho and presentation is so clean, anyway, i am gonna wait a few days to get a balanced cable with 4.4 adapter as it comes with 3.5 as standard, no pics and description of box content yet, Conductor has great accessories included, i guess i should have waited to bggar's impressions first, but hey, i might be first this time😄

Please share your impressions with us when you get them!

Jul 10, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #34 of 4,723
I was told we are getting silver cable, but I am not 100% sure about this yet, but they are hoping to get 2.5mm balance cable with some adapters (like Shuoer and JQ HJ), tho I think it would be for their future product.... Finger crossed XD

We will learn more on unboxing video from HBB.

And sadly no, you are not first (and sucks I am not first too T__T), there are few of us that ordered on the first day :D
Super excited for these bad boys and hope they are good

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #36 of 4,723
I was told we are getting silver cable, but I am not 100% sure about this yet, but they are hoping to get 2.5mm balance cable with some adapters (like Shuoer and JQ HJ), tho I think it would be for their future product.... Finger crossed XD

We will learn more on unboxing video from HBB.

And sadly no, you are not first (and sucks I am not first too T__T), there are few of us that ordered on the first day :D
Super excited for these bad boys and hope they are good
That's actually good too hear as I'm not usually one to jump on hype trains, been disappointed several times by HBB including Roland and tbh even Calyx isn't what he makes it to be imho, but ultimately the guy is serious and i do like him, only shame to me is it's all Led Z to Ozzy via some rap, but zero electronic, no jazz, classical, so what he hears is not always what i would especially in an iem.
I'm too lazy to do reviews myself addressing those different genres, but rock isn't everything, so much of that stuff is terribly badly recorded starting with U2 for example, just awful fidelity, and older legendary greats sound their worst on digital in general, all I'm saying is i wish i could rely on someone as serious as bggar's opinion on different musics as I'm not happy experimenting on different iem every few weeks, i have some serious sets in my possession but ultimately its true, money means very little lately, i was truly shaken how good those Blons are😄😄
So, nothing sad about not being first, only sad is that i have zero idea if i should be buying those lol

Regarding cable, yes, its supposed to be single crystal copper, silver plated

Jul 10, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #37 of 4,723
That's actually good too hear as I'm not usually one to jump on hype trains, been disappointed several times by HBB including Roland and tbh even Calyx isn't what he makes it to be imho, but ultimately the guy is serious and i do like him, only shame to me is it's all Led Z to Ozzy via some rap, but zero electronic, no jazz, classical, so what he hears is not always what i would especially in an iem.
I'm too lazy to do reviews myself addressing those different genres, but rock isn't everything, so much of that stuff is terribly badly recorded starting with U2 for example, just awful fidelity, and older legendary greats sound their worst on digital in general, all I'm saying is i wish i could rely on someone as serious as bggar's opinion on different musics as I'm not happy experimenting on different iem every few weeks, i have some serious sets in my possession but ultimately its true, money means very little lately, i was truly shaken how good those Blons are😄😄
So, nothing sad about not being first, only sad is that i have zero idea if i should be buying those lol

I feel this. I dont necessarily think it has to be genre specific because i can simply listen to a track a reviewer used and then hone in on what i like in music/gear and go from there. Its so hard finding somone who aligns with ones tastes. Ive taken several recommendations on here and ive yet to find an iem (or reviewer) that aligns with what i think sparkle is or bass is or timbre or whatever.

Im liking the clairy based on the FR. Seems to have a nice coupling of sub and mid bass and extension in the treble (all which i like).

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #38 of 4,723

All you can do is wait until other people purchase what you’re interested in and base your decisions on their cumulative opinions, as best you can. The more you wait and the more opinions you gather, the better idea you get of the strengths and weaknesses. It takes a lot of patience though. Even though the music BGGAR listens to aren’t my favorite genres, it seems that what I like in my IEMs correlates well with his tastes.

I actually like the graph of the Clairvoyance better below 1KHz, and the graph of the Monarch better above 1KHz. I would like a little more midbass in the Monarch.

Jul 10, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #39 of 4,723
Wow, that would be incredible if someone were able to get their hands on all of those IEMs for a comparison. The ST7 is probably redundant, since AFAIK, it’s been established to be the same as the EJ07. I’m still wondering if the Tri Starlight is actually the same as the ST7/EJ07.

On another topic, I don’t know why Shuoer doesn‘t update the faceplate of the EJ07, or offer it with different faceplates. It may seem silly, but at that price, I think customers expect good looking IEMs, and Shuoer would sell A LOT more of them. The big SOWE name just makes it that much worse, IMO. Good news for Linsoul, since I’m sure the ThieAudios will be very customizable like their other products.
Long story short I have ordered ej07 instead ST7. Out of curiosity I contacted the customer service asking whether they can remove the SOWE brand and got a positive reply! They said can chose my own words but no more than 4, hence why they use the Cantonese spelling of Shuoer on the ej07.

But I decided to go just without any initials on my pair. But change of faceplate is not yet possible. I ordered mine thru Taobao site... but apparently via Linsoul is possible too.

Jul 10, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #40 of 4,723

BGGAR sometimes make people too hyped and changed his mind on iem later (like Thieaudio v14 or Fearless Roland which were lower its grade down later). I like him anyway he's honest about sound quality afterall. I bought Blon, Fearless s6rui, Shuoer ej07 as he recommended. There are amazing at price per performance. I think he's reliable but just don't get on the hype train too fast.

Jul 10, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #42 of 4,723
BGGAR sometimes make people too hyped and changed his mind on iem later (like Thieaudio v14 or Fearless Roland which were lower its grade down later). I like him anyway he's honest about sound quality afterall. I bought Blon, Fearless s6rui, Shuoer ej07 as he recommended. There are amazing at price per performance. I think he's reliable but just don't get on the hype train too fast.
Definitely!

I do give him the benefit of the doubt to a certain degree. I also often get too excited about the sound of some new products, and have a hard time containing it. It is later, after listening for a couple of weeks, that I can have a more level-headed opinion.

Jul 11, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #44 of 4,723
The Monarch looks better.

Nice video but could barely go through it with that music.... :rolling_eyes: :o2smile:
Hah funny, despite what i said I'm starting to get into my rap after the video 😄🙂🍻

Jul 11, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #45 of 4,723
I actually like the graph of the Clairvoyance better below 1KHz, and the graph of the Monarch better above 1KHz. I would like a little more midbass in the Monarch.

I am pretty much ready to EQ the lower half on Monarch for days when I want some more warmth :D

Flat mids are nice, but there are days when u just want that extra Sunshine in ur music~ and gotta push those 4ba+dd

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back