ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 7, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #3,241 of 4,736
this is interesting. I've never tried any double flange before and your impression makes me want to buy them now. anything other than CP145 sounds weird especially on the hi-hats & vocals to my ears. sometimes it makes me wonder "is this one of the best tunings that people talked about?" haha. aight I will try to look at the previous 126 pages just for some tips recommendations.

and I hate that my pair don't give the proper stereo image or 'centered' sound stage projection. it seems like most vocals, snares, kick drums, basses, are a bit leaning to the left. there's some 'hollowness' on the right side of the stereo field in between the middle and far-right panning point. reverb, 'airiness', decays are a tiny bit lacking to compare to the right side. sometimes I feel like one of the Sonion EST is not working properly in the right earpiece. it's still working and listenable but somewhat 'lacking' and it's kinda disturbing sometimes.
I can't stand off centered imaging either, it is incredibly distracting.

I usually test IEMs with this site: https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

Theres a test that does a full frequency sweep, and the image should stay centered across all frequencies. This way you can tell if its your IEMs or your playback device/audio file recording that is causing the issue

Nov 8, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #3,242 of 4,736
5D49B000-8599-45D4-A1A4-F2702F3D115E.jpeg
2917AF4B-7510-4106-8491-26D24C4EF14B.jpeg

OG Monarch vs MKII

Nov 8, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #3,244 of 4,736
Hi everyone, just got my Monarchs last week and I must say I'm very impressed, I was using Hidizs MS4 before my Monarchs so there's been and incredible increases in sound quality :) and openness.

I'm using my iPhone 13 Pro Max with a DragonFly Cobalt DAC at the moment but want to upgrade it to a dedicated DAP was thinking of either Hiby RS6 Darwin or The iBasso DX240, but happy to look at any of your suggestions if you think I should look at some others.

I listen to most types of music using Tidal and Apple Music, but my favourite is Electronic and Trance, I've also got a good selection of Hi-Res downloaded music ready to be loaded on the DAP I end up buying.

Thanks for any help.

Nov 8, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #3,245 of 4,736
My Monarch MKIIs arrived today. It is way too early to give a deep dive on these but just few quick reactions for those patiently waiting. Keep in mind these are out of box reactions prior to any brain or actual burn-in listening out of my Fiio M11 Plus LTD:

• These probably should have been their own IEM as opposed to a Monarch "MKII"
  • They are far more balanced in a very good way than either the Clair or Monarch
  • Treble is for more refined and detailed then either of the twins
  • You can hear what the the sound is reverberating off of in your music
  • Those looking for Monarch OG levels of bass will be disappointed
  • Incredible sub bass AND slight mid bass (note I did not say amount) quality- no thin-sounding mids here
  • The shells are shallower than the twins but much wider- very likely going to be a problem for those with smaller ears
  • Most cohesive tribrid tuning I have heard
  • Incredible timbre
  • Those looking for the best tuned and most balanced tribrid under $1k (that I have heard) should not hesitate to give these a try- as someone who prefers a more neutral and balanced but engaging and dynamic sound, I am impressed- easily worth the price premium over the Clair and Monarch OG and dare I say still a good value at $999.

Picture for size reference:

PXL_20211108_195037781.jpg

PXL_20211108_155216649.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #3,246 of 4,736
My Monarch MKIIs arrived today. It is way too early to give a deep dive on these but just few quick reactions for those patiently waiting. Keep in mind these are out of box reactions prior to any brain or actual burn-in listening out of my Fiio M11 Plus LTD:

• They are far more balanced in a very good way than either the Clair or Monarch
  • Incredible sub bass AND slight mid bass (note I did not say amount) quality- no thin-sounding mids here
  • The shells are shallower than the twins but much wider- very likely going to be a problem for those with smaller ears
  • Incredible timbre
  • Those looking for the best tuned and most balanced tribrid under $1k (that I have heard) should not hesitate to give these a try- as someone who prefers a more neutral and balanced but engaging and dynamic sound, I am impressed- easily worth the price premium over the Clair and Monarch OG and dare I say still a good value at $999.

How are they compared to moondrop variations?

Nov 8, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #3,247 of 4,736

• Incredible timbre

Thanks for the quick review. Love my OG Moarch and that insane sub-bass rumble. I find the treble changes with DAP used. I mainly use the Sony ZX500 and the Cayin N3 Pro. I find the Pro more balanced and transparent vs the Sony which gives the OG Mest an MKII like Midbass lift.

Wonder how MKII compares to the ThieAudio Divinity. That's the review I'm waiting for.

Nov 8, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #3,248 of 4,736

• Incredible timbre

That size comparison...That is one hefty boy 0.o

Sorry to go off topic for a sec but I have a question about the OG Monarch. It seems the chrome nozzle coverings (the part that the eartips go onto) on my pair have come loose from the plastic tube underneath and sometimes they slide off with my old eartips when I change them out. It hasn't affected the sound but I was wondering a) if this has happened to anyone else, and b) if trying to fix the issue with a tiny dab of super glue is a good or bad idea. It's annoying as is but a broken set of $730 IEMs would be more so.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #3,249 of 4,736
good day guys.

so I've been listening to my Oracle for about a week non-stop and I can say that I kinda dig the overall sound but the treble timbre is somewhat hit or miss in my case. within my super wide range library, hi-hats are the most obvious imposters among all other instruments. it's not only "wispy" but it feels like lacking resolution for some songs, and at some point, I wonder if my pair got issues with the tuning or something. does anybody feel (hear) the same? the digital-ish, low-res feel especially the hi-hats?

so far I find tips rolling is the best remedy along with equipment synergy. so perhaps I could get some ear tips recommendations for the Oracle? usually, I'd go for Azla Sedna Earfit Light but not with this set. I find the short and wide-bore tips are just worse pairing for Oracle to my ears. I'm using Spinfit CP145 at the moment (which I disliked before but it works!)

please do note that I understood the characteristic of Sonion EST and I'm digging the tuning within almost half of my library but only that sometimes my hi-hats are incapacitated. sometimes they taste 'better'

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #3,251 of 4,736
good day guys.

so I've been listening to my Oracle for about a week non-stop and I can say that I kinda dig the overall sound but the treble timbre is somewhat hit or miss in my case. within my super wide range library, hi-hats are the most obvious imposters among all other instruments. it's not only "wispy" but it feels like lacking resolution for some songs, and at some point, I wonder if my pair got issues with the tuning or something. does anybody feel (hear) the same? the digital-ish, low-res feel especially the hi-hats?

so far I find tips rolling is the best remedy along with equipment synergy. so perhaps I could get some ear tips recommendations for the Oracle? usually, I'd go for Azla Sedna Earfit Light but not with this set. I find the short and wide-bore tips are just worse pairing for Oracle to my ears. I'm using Spinfit CP145 at the moment (which I disliked before but it works!)
High hat wispyness probably isn't my strong suit, but I agree that it doesn't sound quite right with the Oracles' BAs. Doesn't stop me from loving them, though. They're so well tuned and balanced that I can overlook some "improper" timbre.

I will add that after tip rolling a bit, I have settled on the CP145 as well. Perfect balance with amazing clarity, particularly in the midrange. Look no further for tips.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #3,252 of 4,736
Thanks for the quick review. Love my OG Moarch and that insane sub-bass rumble. I find the treble changes with DAP used. I mainly use the Sony ZX500 and the Cayin N3 Pro. I find the Pro more balanced and transparent vs the Sony which gives the OG Mest an MKII like Midbass lift.

Wonder how MKII compares to the ThieAudio Divinity. That's the review I'm waiting for.
That’s all we are waiting for XD

There was this guy in the discord that told us, his friend got both, and V16 divinity came first.

Picture credit goes to the guy who came and showed us his friend’s V16.

Apparently his friend really love it and left a note saying bass doesn’t sound like BA bass like U12T.

So hopefully we can get some comparison between the two when they come back :D but V16 looking pretty good

On the side note, I 2nd what @wizzman121 said, they really improve the technical perspective of the Mk2 compared to the predecessor.
Unfortunate point is, it’s bigger than predecessor, so people who couldn’t fit OG monarch won’t fit Mk2, people who have issue with blessing 2, will likely won’t fit Mk2. :frowning2:
I got the 007 model number :D

Attachments

• 9E87F86B-9955-4A64-8D5E-8C659B766C6F.jpeg
    9E87F86B-9955-4A64-8D5E-8C659B766C6F.jpeg
    373.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 75844C2A-4FFF-4953-AF7D-469A3450C553.jpeg
    75844C2A-4FFF-4953-AF7D-469A3450C553.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #3,253 of 4,736
That size comparison...That is one hefty boy 0.o

Sorry to go off topic for a sec but I have a question about the OG Monarch. It seems the chrome nozzle coverings (the part that the eartips go onto) on my pair have come loose from the plastic tube underneath and sometimes they slide off with my old eartips when I change them out. It hasn't affected the sound but I was wondering a) if this has happened to anyone else, and b) if trying to fix the issue with a tiny dab of super glue is a good or bad idea. It's annoying as is but a broken set of $730 IEMs would be more so.
I think you can easily super glue it, I think that’s what they originally had it, but got old and fallen off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back