ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 24, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #2,431 of 4,733
So I ordered the 3.5mm plug for my Monarch and I'm guessing that's the reason it didn't come with any adapters. I believe you get adapters if you order the 2.5mm balanced plug. I was missing one of the small foam ear tips as well but I'm not really bothered by that. I did get the medium and large foam ear tips and I also got the medium CP100 spinfits that come with it too.

May 24, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #2,434 of 4,733
Oracle or Monarch if the money is not the problem? Is 200 USD extra justified?
I did order the Excalibur as well but they haven't sent that out yet but once I do get it I can try and give you a comparison.

May 24, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #2,435 of 4,733
OK, I've listened to these for a while now. I even went out for a walk to listen to them outside which is how I usually like to listen to my music. Even though it was raining I managed to find a few spots with shelter to change ear tips.

I have to say that I love these. They do really sound so good and they are the best pair of ear phones I have heard in my life. I've tried several different types of ear tips as well and although the sound may change they seem to work well with most of the tips I tried, even ones I didn't like on other earphones. So I'm just going through the process of trying to decide which tips are best for me.

The bass is great. Initially I was bit worried if the mid bass would be enough but I don't have a problem with it at all. The treble sounds great for me as well. I'm not a big fan of earphones which have a large emphasis on treble, not because I don't like having treble in my music but mostly because I don't like a higher tone throughout my music. I like my music to have depth to it. So either the treble is tuned really well or the electrostatic drivers just do a really good job at representing those higher tones.

Tip tried when I went out walking: Xelastecs, CP100, CP145 and Spiral Dots.

If the Excalibur sounds anywhere near as good as this then I will be a very happy man. Not to mention I've still to get the Linsoul LSC08 cable to try with it.

May 24, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #2,436 of 4,733
OK, I've listened to these for a while now. I even went out for a walk to listen to them outside which is how I usually like to listen to my music. Even though it was raining I managed to find a few spots with shelter to change ear tips.

I have to say that I love these. They do really sound so good and they are the best pair of ear phones I have heard in my life. I've tried several different types of ear tips as well and although the sound may change they seem to work well with most of the tips I tried, even ones I didn't like on other earphones. So I'm just going through the process of trying to decide which tips are best for me.

The bass is great. Initially I was bit worried if the mid bass would be enough but I don't have a problem with it at all. The treble sounds great for me as well. I'm not a big fan of earphones which have a large emphasis on treble, not because I don't like having treble in my music but mostly because I don't like a higher tone throughout my music. I like my music to have depth to it. So either the treble is tuned really well or the electrostatic drivers just do a really good job at representing those higher tones.

If the Excalibur sounds anywhere near as good as this then I will be a very happy man. Not to mention I've still to get the Linsoul LSC08 cable to try with it.
Try the CP500 tips. They work really well with the Monarchs. Glad u like em! I'm waiting for mine to be repaired. Unfortunately one of the Bass drivers cut out in my left earpiece. :frowning2:

May 24, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #2,437 of 4,733

Nice impressions! I'm very intrigued to hear how the EST drivers handle treble, which really I guess is the magic for this series. I've tried some STAX L700s in the past and they give a little otherworldly sense to their music, it's kinda unlike anything else, with so much detail but no harshness.

May 24, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #2,438 of 4,733
Oracle with bass boost, anyone..? I would assume all quality headphones/IEMs would be good for EQing, if they already have a good FR to begin with.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #2,439 of 4,733

You're talking about the Monarch here or?

May 24, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #2,440 of 4,733
May 24, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #2,442 of 4,733
Can Monarch and Clairvoyance only be recognized by the color of the faceplate? Is there anything written on them?
As far as I know only based on the faceplate. There was a case here or on reddit where someone ordered a monarch and received an IEM with the faceplate of a Clairvoyance. Even for linsoul it was not easy to identify which IEM it was. After some back and forth it was said that the quality control was bad and for this reason the wrong faceplate was used.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #2,443 of 4,733
As far as I know only based on the faceplate. There was a case here or on reddit where someone ordered a monarch and received an IEM with the faceplate of a Clairvoyance. Even for linsoul it was not easy to identify which IEM it was. After some back and forth it was said that the quality control was bad and for this reason the wrong faceplate was used.
Yes, in fact I read this episode on reddit

May 24, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #2,444 of 4,733
O
Oracle with bass boost, anyone..? I would assume all quality headphones/IEMs would be good for EQing, if they already have a good FR to begin with.
Oracle with bass boost is a Clairvoyance :wink:

May 24, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #2,445 of 4,733
You are not going to believe this. Here is a picture of my Monarch.

Attachments

• Thieaudio.jpg
    Thieaudio.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back