ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 22, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #2,401 of 4,736
After 5 hour afternoon listening with monarch, now I think the undisclosed config of Monarch would be
-1DD (bass)
-2BA (Mid)
-4BA (treble)
-2EST (super tweeter)
Which explains why monarch could handle so much of resolving capability for string and micro details

I don't remember where (maybe Resolve on the Headphones.com YT channel) but someone said that there were several BAs for the bass. So it was a DD and at least 2 BA for bass, then 2 for mids and 2 for treble. I don't recall it very well who or where, and the exact distribution, but I am sure that there were the DD and several BA just for the bass.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #2,403 of 4,736
I am correct, the config is well known on Linsouls Discord. Clair is 1xDD+4BA bass, 1BA mids, 2xEST treble
4BA for bass + DD is crazy amount! Maybe I’d just use a bass boost cable to try.

May 22, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #2,406 of 4,736
Seems like there would be a significant difference, with so many less drivers for the bass... Curious. Did they improve the DD for Oracle? Need more reviews on this thing!! Maybe they don't want to do the R&D to make a better DD, so they McGyver'd it by adding BAs to make the bass better/stronger.

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #2,407 of 4,736
Regarding to the linsoul website for the Oracle and Excalibur :

Low : 10mm Dynamic Driver;
Mid: Knowles DFK Balanced Armatures;
High: Sonion Dual electrostatics driver
Ah, taken from the Drop page, five drivers (hence penta) - a triple-hybrid IEM with two Sonion electrostatic drivers, two Knowles balanced armatures, and one 10-millimeter dynamic driver.

May 23, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #2,408 of 4,736
Can anyone tell me anything about unit variations. Were there cases of one Monarch or Clairvoyance sounding different from the graph or other same unit. What I'm asking, has anyone got thier set and thought something is not right here?
What is usual unit discrepency in units?
TA QC haven't been all that great lately, and I think due to the big demand they are rushing the production and not paying too much attention on QC.
I want to order Monarch, because it will most probably suit my tastes perfectly and unfortunately there is nothing else in the price range with similar performance.

May 23, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #2,409 of 4,736
Can anyone tell me anything about unit variations. Were there cases of one Monarch or Clairvoyance sounding different from the graph or other same unit. What I'm asking, has anyone got thier set and thought something is not right here?
What is usual unit discrepency in units?
TA QC haven't been all that great lately, and I think due to the big demand they are rushing the production and not paying too much attention on QC.
I want to order Monarch, because it will most probably suit my tastes perfectly and unfortunately there is nothing else in the price range with similar performance.
my clairs had a cosmetic issue as my previous post stated, sent them back and see what they will do for me. Sound wise they are awesome

May 23, 2021 at 6:09 PM Post #2,410 of 4,736
So Drop has these for MSRP but almost $100 in rewards points. I’m really tempted even though I have no need whatsoever for any other IEM right now.

May 23, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #2,411 of 4,736
my new clairs have a really tiny chip where the faceplate connects with the body of the iem. It kinda irritates my ears. I contacted them and they told me to send it back. I really want to send them back but I enjoy them so much im procrastinating lol. Dont know how long its gonna take for them to send it backIMG_20210514_111015.jpg
I would send them back. Huge hassle, disappointment, more waiting, I get it. Consider impact on resale value otherwise, unless you’re sure they’re all time keepers (is anything?). Same thing happened to me with Penon Volt. I kept em to avoid the hassle but it likely cost me $100 when I sold them. Especially if it’s bothering your ear. Mine was purely cosmetic and very minor

May 23, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #2,412 of 4,736
So Drop has these for MSRP but almost $100 in rewards points. I’m really tempted even though I have no need whatsoever for any other IEM right now.
The excuse I've been using is that I've saved money during Covid lockdowns from not having vacations, so new audio gear is for my vacation at home :L3000:

May 24, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #2,413 of 4,736
I've just ordered Monarch. Anyone knows what's the manufacturing time now?

May 24, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #2,415 of 4,736
Anyone know if the BTR5 is sufficient to power the Oracle? Or would something with a bit more power be required?
Very sure sufficient. I'm using the Shanling M3X which has the same power rating as BTR5 for balanced, and only slightly higher for unbalanced. I've used both balanced and unbalanced. On balanced, I use it at low power and usually listen ~35-60 (out of 100) and so plenty of headroom even on low power. High power obviously even more headroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back