ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Nov 6, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #826 of 4,751
Nov 6, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #827 of 4,751
Could you share if you were stopped at customs in Spain, and if so, how much did you have to pay? Thanks and best regards.

Yes, I received a message from DHL, saying that I have to pay a 25€ tariff. I payed as soon as I got the message and I got them delivered the same day.

If you buy them from Linsoul, you can speak with them on Discord or in their web chat, and ask them about customs and tariffs, you might talk about the value that has to be declared for custom purposes...

Nov 7, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #829 of 4,751
Hi everyone. Have anyone had a chance to try Monarch or Clairvoyance with iSine cipher cable? Having Monarch on my way, I am contemplating the easiest way to connect it to my phone... Any advice welcomed!

I recommend you to try Qudelix 5k.

Nov 7, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #831 of 4,751
Cheers!
I have radsone already, and I hate it being connected to phone by cable, it becomes unwieldly. I like the cipher cable though, with its own eq and no bulky box somewhere aling the cable though...

That is precisely the good thing about the qudelix, which works by bluetooth and you do not have to connect it to the mobile. And it has a parametric equalizer that works wonders.

Nov 7, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #833 of 4,751
Hi everyone. Have anyone had a chance to try Monarch or Clairvoyance with iSine cipher cable? Having Monarch on my way, I am contemplating the easiest way to connect it to my phone... Any advice welcomed!
I have had that idea in the past, but the position of the cipher cable is what I believe is an issue. For the Monarch ( I’m also waiting for them), you need the cable to pass behind your ears and to be shaped like that.
But please, If you get to do it let us know!!

Nov 7, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #834 of 4,751
I have had that idea in the past, but the position of the cipher cable is what I believe is an issue. For the Monarch ( I’m also waiting for them), you need the cable to pass behind your ears and to be shaped like that.
But please, If you get to do it let us know!!
Yeah, you are probably right, the connectors seems long and rigid to get tucked behind ones ears comfortably... okay, i will have to look for a n aaw capri cable then...

Nov 9, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #835 of 4,751
Yeah , i was also skeptical about burn in until i baught the IMR Opus Mia, i had heard a lot about IMR iems being subject to burn in. The changes i noticed during the process was huge with them . But i haven't noticed much difference with my other iems including the Clairvoyance after 50 hours or so ,i wad wondering if i should go on with burn in or not. That's why i asked. Anyway i appreciate your input .:)
Hi!!
Excuse me bro. For you between Mia and Clairvoyance, which has better:
1.-details in bass, mids, highs,
2.- better extension to high frequencies,
3.- clean and clear sound
4.- natural timbre
5.- wider soundstage?

I would like to buy one but I dont know wich to buy... help please

Nov 9, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #836 of 4,751
few simple comparison with other IEM:
1. QDC anole vx. The tone, clarity and precision is like 1 or 2 levels above the twins. I think the vx is like combination of both, but with almost 3 times the pricing. fits and comfort are perfect, shell is smaller than the thie twins. only question, is it worthed almost 3 times the price? It depends on you. In my opinion, no. Maybe if its 1.5-2x times the pricing, I can still accept it.
2. moondrop S8. This iem sounds like the monarch, very technical, precise. However, the tone is very thin and not enough bass body. It depends with someone taste, but in my opinion, the monarch is better than the s8. It got almost the same clarity, precision, yet the monarch got more body and deeper more bodied bass.
3. Moondrop B2. This iem is not as technical and precise as the s8, but it got more body and bass. compared to the twins, I think it depends on your budget. if you are tight, go with the B2. I think it sounds like the clair, not on the same level but not far either.
4. inear 8 (forgot the name again). Kinda like the vx, but with thinner body and cheaper. Its still more expensive than the twins, almost 2 times the pricing. I think not worthed over the monarch.
5.hifiman re2000 gold. I dont know if i cant get a perfect fit or the btr5 can't drive it properly or its broken, but the sound is very thin and not pleasant at all. tried to move it around my ears, but the sound is still not right.
And for you which has wider, depth and taller soundstage between monarch and s8?

Nov 9, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #838 of 4,751
Hi!!
Excuse me bro. For you between Mia and Clairvoyance, which has better:
1.-details in bass, mids, highs,
2.- better extension to high frequencies,
3.- clean and clear sound
4.- natural timbre
5.- wider soundstage?

I would like to buy one but I dont know wich to buy... help please

I also have both, and in my opinion I would say:
1.- Details in bass best in Clairvoyance, in mids and highs quite similar (using blue small filter in Opus Mia)
2.- Quite similar in both (using blue small filter in Opus Mia)
3.- Opus Mia if using silver nozzle (big filter) in Opus Mia, Clairvoyance in another case (any other nozzle other than silver makes the bass muddy the sound a bit in Opus Mia)
4.- Clairvoyance has a more natural timbre
5.- Opus Mia when using the open port, Clairvoyance in another case

It's just my opinion, and I've only had Opus Mia for a few days, so I won't have spent more than 10 hours on it.

Nov 9, 2020 at 5:19 AM Post #839 of 4,751
Yeah, you are probably right, the connectors seems long and rigid to get tucked behind ones ears comfortably... okay, i will have to look for a n aaw capri cable then...

20201109_105955.jpg

I tried this. I know, I know, it's an aberration for audiophiles, but I tried just for the sake of trying new things, and I am not disappointed at all, in fact I like it very much. I usually had a pair of Blon bl03 with those TRN Bluetooth things, and I like them too.

They fit much better in my ear with the Clairvoyance than with the Blon. I mean, the fit is just perfect with the TRN and Clair, not that good with the Blon.

I think that the Clairvoyance with the TRN sound just great. Volume is not an issue at all. There's no hiss. In general, I don't see big differences, walking around with them on the street, compared with using cable. But I listen Spotify, so maybe I have the bottleneck there. And maybe I should do more direct comparison, but I don't want to connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect...

In general, with the cable, after a little more of time using the Clairvoyance I don't find them as fatiguing as the first weeks, and I found them less intense. Not because the IEM changed, but I am sure that I got used to their sound, and I really like how well tuned they are.

Nov 9, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #840 of 4,751
I've been saving all my coins and coupons on Aliexpress to finally pull the trigger on the Clairvoyance during 11.11
Only to find out that they raised the price of the Clairvoyance a couple of days ago.
Major bummer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back