ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 24, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #2,416 of 4,736
Very sure sufficient. I'm using the Shanling M3X which has the same power rating as BTR5 for balanced, and only slightly higher for unbalanced. I've used both balanced and unbalanced. On balanced, I use it at low power and usually listen ~35-60 (out of 100) and so plenty of headroom even on low power. High power obviously even more headroom
Brilliant, thanks for the reply.

May 24, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #2,417 of 4,736
Anyone know if the BTR5 is sufficient to power the Oracle? Or would something with a bit more power be required?
Both the BTR5 (low gain) and the Qudelix 5K (normal mode) are more than sufficient and with a large margin. However, the Oracle are earphones with low sensitivity, the less sensitive (together with the Z1Rs) among all my IEMs.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #2,418 of 4,736
Both the BTR5 (low gain) and the Qudelix 5K (normal mode) are more than sufficient and with a large margin. However, the Oracle are earphones with low sensitivity, the less sensitive (together with the Z1Rs) among all my IEMs.
That's great. I just thought I'd ask as I wasn't sure if the EST drivers would need much power in order for them to be driven sufficiently.

May 24, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #2,419 of 4,736
Very sure sufficient. I'm using the Shanling M3X which has the same power rating as BTR5 for balanced, and only slightly higher for unbalanced. I've used both balanced and unbalanced. On balanced, I use it at low power and usually listen ~35-60 (out of 100) and so plenty of headroom even on low power. High power obviously even more headroom
Oh great. I was thinking of purchasing the M3X to use with my Oracle's. What do you think of the synergy between the two?

May 24, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #2,421 of 4,736
Just got my Monarchs through the post. :relaxed:

May 24, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #2,424 of 4,736
Impressions? Delivery time from dispatch?
kinda hoping my Oracle ships this week.
Initial Impressions are really good. Sound separation is top notch and I now understand what sound separation really means. lol. More importantly the tonality is really good. That's the big one for me. I have both the Shuoer Tape Pro and the TRI Starsea but I'm not big on their tonalities and it was hard to find ear tips to get the right sound for me for both of those. In the end for the Tape Pro I had to use some Micropore tape (which a youtuber did for his set) and use a the smallest pair of xelastecs to get something even remotely better to my tastes. However so far the Monarch's have sounded great with several different tips but I haven't settled on which ones are best yet.

Once they sent it out it took about a week to get here, which is the UK but you probably know that as my profile states it.

EDIT: In terms of the TRI Starsea it didn't really have enough bass for me so I needed a set of ear tips that would vring the bass out more. Using the switches on it didn't help really.

EDIT 2: I should add that the micropore tape was used to cover up the vents on the Tape Pro.

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #2,425 of 4,736
Sound separation is top notch and I now understand what sound separation really means

Yup, Excalibur ruined my experience with Fiio FH3, Sony N1 etc. Now they all sound dull and without stage

A friend recently bought Sundara's and was hyping them to be his end game and I gave him Excalibur over the weekend. Today he told me he's looking for something better than Sundara lol

May 24, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #2,426 of 4,736
Oh great. I was thinking of purchasing the M3X to use with my Oracle's. What do you think of the synergy between the two?
I went from a USB dongle to the M3X, so can't compare to other DAPs. Could compare to my desktop DAC, Topping DX7 Pro. The M3X is slightly warmer sounding than the Topping, the Topping seems to have a little more instrument separation. This is with balanced on both, so this difference might simply be that the Topping impedance is a bit high for IEMs. Overall though, I'm very happy with the M3X over the prior dongle DAC to my phone

May 24, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #2,427 of 4,736
Hi Friends. People who have Oracle, could tell me if it's so different from Monarch? How is its bass regarding the Monarch?
Thanks
Yes, they are definitely different, in the upper mids and, above all, in the lower bass / sub-bass range. The Monarchs are sub-bass oriented, the Oracles are not.

I don't think they overlap: I have both and I'll keep them both.

The first time I listened to the Oracles, they didn't remind me of the sound of the Monarchs, but rather that of the Blessing2 Dusk: the tonality is really very similar, but the Oracles are certainly superior technically, especially for the clarity of the treble.

It is likely I will end up selling my Dusks ...

May 24, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #2,429 of 4,736
Initial Impressions are really good. Sound separation is top notch and I now understand what sound separation really means. lol. More importantly the tonality is really good. That's the big one for me. I have both the Shuoer Tape Pro and the TRI Starsea but I'm not big on their tonalities and it was hard to find ear tips to get the right sound for me for both of those. In the end for the Tape Pro I had to use some Micropore tape (which a youtuber did for his set) and use a the smallest pair of xelastecs to get something even remotely better to my tastes. However so far the Monarch's have sounded great with several different tips but I haven't settled on which ones are best yet.

Once they sent it out it took about a week to get here, which is the UK but you probably know that as my profile states it.

EDIT: In terms of the TRI Starsea it didn't really have enough bass for me so I needed a set of ear tips that would vring the bass out more. Using the switches on it didn't help really.

EDIT 2: I should add that the micropore tape was used to cover up the vents on the Tape Pro.
Good to know that shipping only took a week, that's less than I imagined.
Well I'm excited to try mine! I imagine the Monarch is a bit better on technicalities but I couldn't justify the price and possible discomfort for the size of the casings.

May 24, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #2,430 of 4,736
Good to know that shipping only took a week, that's less than I imagined.
Well I'm excited to try mine! I imagine the Monarch is a bit better on technicalities but I couldn't justify the price and possible discomfort for the size of the casings.
Yeah, the 18th of May they were sent.

Size why I don't have a problem. They are bigger obviously than most but they seem to fit within my ear frame fine. It would be a problem if you have smaller ears than I do though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back