ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 18, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #2,298 of 4,723
I always say: keep in mind that each of us hears differently, so what BGGAR prefers doesn't have to be what you like the most.
And when I say BGGAR it is valid for anyone else. For the record, I have tastes very similar to him, I love the Mest and I love the Clair.

May 18, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #2,300 of 4,723
I tend to the clairvoyance or the Oracle and Excalibur. I think the monarch has to much bass for my main genres and should be better for genres with little bass.
I think the only 2 of the 4 IEMs that wouldn’t make sense pairing up would be the Clair and Oracle, as they seem too similar. I think the Oracle+Excalibur, the Monarch+Excalibur, or the Monarch+Oracle would all make sense, depending on your music preferences. Then again, they all have similarities, and I am more than thrilled with just the Clairvoyance.

One could also consider the Oracle + Tansio Mirai Land or Dunu EST112. So many great choices now,

Yeah I just dont want to spend $500 and end up with similar sound as my Polaris 2.
I highly suspect that any of these 4 IEMs will sound quite different from the Polaris 2.

May 19, 2021 at 6:24 AM Post #2,303 of 4,723
A great mobile combo for my traditional/modern jazz playlists: Sony ZX507 (uncapped) -> Penon OSG -> ThieAudio Monarch -> Azla SednaEarfit Light Short.

D1C3E618-947E-482B-9FF3-9595FF090143.jpeg

May 19, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #2,304 of 4,723
Wow, huge delay on Oracle.....

"We mentioned previously that the orders placed before 10th May (please note that it is GMT+8) would be shipped out on Monday. However, due to some internal hiccups and miscommunication, there was another delay, and we are trying to ship them out by this week instead.

Consequently, orders placed after 10th (GMT+8) will also be delayed. We aim to ship out those placed on 11th-13th (GMT+8) by next week.

As for the remaining orders, the processing time has been updated as well. It may take up to 3 weeks for us to process your orders."

May 19, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #2,305 of 4,723
Wow, huge delay on Oracle.....

"We mentioned previously that the orders placed before 10th May (please note that it is GMT+8) would be shipped out on Monday. However, due to some internal hiccups and miscommunication, there was another delay, and we are trying to ship them out by this week instead.

Consequently, orders placed after 10th (GMT+8) will also be delayed. We aim to ship out those placed on 11th-13th (GMT+8) by next week.

As for the remaining orders, the processing time has been updated as well. It may take up to 3 weeks for us to process your orders."
Oh dear. I'm guessing this extends to the Excalibur too. :disappointed:

May 19, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #2,306 of 4,723
Just ordered the Oracle because of BGGARs recommendation, but I'm having second thoughts about whether or not the Excalibur would be the better choice. I know Im a basshead and love sub bass slam and mid bass impact, and looking at the graphs, it seems like Excalibur is the way to go. But I already have the Monarchs and I want something that complements them. The bass curve on the Excalibur looks amazing, but I want the best of both worlds, so maybe stick with Oracle?? Ugh, this is hard.... Lol

May 19, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #2,308 of 4,723
I saw lately there's been mentioned lots of TOTL sets here. Monarch was on my radar for quite a long time, but after my recent fiasco with Thieaudio and Linsoul I'm not sure I'm ready to trust them again.
Dillema is, I have 1500 usd to spend on next (near) TOTL iem alone or swallow my pride and get Monarch and ifi micro signature. That should be my last audio purchase for a long time due to other responsibilities.
Recently someone here mentioned Monarch and signature combo and I'm so tempted, because I know both Monarch and signature are exactly what I want. Monarch having near perfect tuning and technicalities for the price and signature being awesome and future proof amp-dac...
I've been saving to get me something nice but I'm afraid of thieaudio s QC and Linsouls "don't give a ****" policy.
If I were to go with only 1500 bucks iem I don't know what to get. I don't have any experience in this price range.
I'm waiting for reply from headphones.com, maybe I'll get Monarch from them.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #2,309 of 4,723
I saw lately there's been mentioned lots of TOTL sets here. Monarch was on my radar for quite a long time, but after my recent fiasco with Thieaudio and Linsoul I'm not sure I'm ready to trust them again.
Dillema is, I have 1500 usd to spend on next (near) TOTL iem alone or swallow my pride and get Monarch and ifi micro signature. That should be my last audio purchase for a long time due to other responsibilities.
Recently someone here mentioned Monarch and signature combo and I'm so tempted, because I know both Monarch and signature are exactly what I want. Monarch having near perfect tuning and technicalities for the price and signature being awesome and future proof amp-dac...
I've been saving to get me something nice but I'm afraid of thieaudio s QC and Linsouls "don't give a ****" policy.
If I were to go with only 1500 bucks iem I don't know what to get. I don't have any experience in this price range.
I'm waiting for reply from headphones.com, maybe I'll get Monarch from them.
Any suggestions?
I think about ordering for the first time at linsoul to order one of the TOTL Thieaudio (Clairvoyance, Monarch, Excalibur, Oracle). What was the Problem with your Monarch and with the support of Linsoul?

If you want real good QC you can look for the brandnew Sennheiser IE 900 for 1300 USD. Handcrafted and QC in Germany and I think with 5 Years Warranty. One DD sounds boring in comparision to the number of the thieaudio drivers, but the driver is developed in-house. The IE 900 should be really nice for its price with perfect (sub)bass. One of the biggest pros is the small size and the extreme good comfort. The most reviewer say that the comfort is the "best in its class". My Budget is limited to 800-1000 USD Thats the reason why Im looking for a thieaudio iem and in Germany the price for a IE 900 is more like 1600USD

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #2,310 of 4,723
Just ordered the Oracle because of BGGARs recommendation, but I'm having second thoughts about whether or not the Excalibur would be the better choice. I know Im a basshead and love sub bass slam and mid bass impact, and looking at the graphs, it seems like Excalibur is the way to go. But I already have the Monarchs and I want something that complements them. The bass curve on the Excalibur looks amazing, but I want the best of both worlds, so maybe stick with Oracle?? Ugh, this is hard.... Lol
Excalibur's sound signature is near towards Clairvoyance according to my dealer. I'll be demoing then soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back